PDA

View Full Version : Paradise 'Fold' checkbox question

02-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Playing LL Holdem on Paradise this weekend and the following occurred:

I was the BB with J3o. I was ready to fold to any raise but no one did. I checked as 5 of us saw the flop: 3 K 8 r. I checked intent on folding my pair of 3's to any bet since I was clearly dominated. I clicked the 'Fold' checkbox immediatetly after checking so I would fold when someone bet the flop. However, everyone just checked and we saw the turn: 3 [3 K 8]. OK, now I was going to bet but my hands folded! The checkbox apparently stayed on. Is this normal?!? Why didn't it reset for the next round of betting?

To add insult to injury the river was of course the case 3. This cost me plenty since that card gave one player 3's full of 8's and I doubt he would have folded that hand to any raise.

02-04-2002, 10:54 AM
That's an annoying quirk of the PP client. If you click the "fold" checkbox, your hand is unconditionally folded at your next turn to act.

I much prefer Pokerstars' "fold to any bet" checkbox.

Chris

02-04-2002, 12:02 PM
I hate that 'feature' at PP as well. Similarly, I also hate that when you are in the big blind, there is a slight delay before the 'Fold/Check in Turn' option appears over the 'Fold' button. I've been in a hurry and checked the 'Fold' option when meaning to check the other one and ended up folding quads to no bet preflop. I don't know why the 'Fold/Check in Turn' button doesn't just stay on screen all the time. If you check it and it isn't appropriate (e.g. is someone has bet) then the software should just prompt you for an action.

02-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Thanks, guys. If that is the way it works then I will adjust accordingly by NEVER using that particular checkbox in that situation again.

02-04-2002, 03:54 PM
If you check the sit out box while still having the auto post blind button checked.... when you uncheck the sit out box to prepare to play again, the auto post box is still checked.

This led to me posting a sb and a bb in first position the other day.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! /images/smile.gif

Have a nice day,

Keith

02-04-2002, 04:37 PM
HOW ABOUT WHEN YOU GET DISCONNECTED AND U COME BACK TO YOUR GAME AND YOU UNCHECK THE "AUTOPOST" AND THEN IT POSTS FOR U! MAKES ME NUTZ. IF YOU LEAVE THE "AUTPOST" CHECKED, THEN IT ASKS YOU IF YOU WANT TO POST. MAKES ME WANNA LOL!

SWIFTY

02-05-2002, 12:52 AM
Who said the Paradise software was good? #%"¤#%&/ crap!