PDA

View Full Version : Multitabling ?

jah0550
01-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I have a sustained ROI of ~30% in my last 500 $50 SNGs on Party. I usually never multitable and if I do it's only one other table. How can you guys concentrate on each game? I like to play one table, because I am able to get a better "feel" for the players. Are you guys able to get a feel for each table when 4-6-8 tabling or is your play just mechanical? I am thinking about giving 4 tabling a try and was wondering what advise you guys have for me.
Thanks for your help,
Jah

zaphod
01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
I usally play two tables at a time. I think this helps me play thighter, so what i miss from not reading my opponents i gain because i don't get bored and just want to play just this hand..
I have just recently tried to play one sng and one two table tournament at the same time. This seems to be a good mix for me.
Four tables? That is to much for my screen.

crunchy1
01-11-2005, 05:09 PM
If you are planning on 4-tabling try starting 2 tournaments first. Then when you get past a few levels into the middle/late-middle of the tournament start the second two games. When the first 2 tournaments finish then start another 2 games... and so on... and so on...

This way when it's getting down to the end of the first two tournaments and the hands are going by relatively fast, you'll be able to concentrate on the two short handed tables while playing relatively mechanically in the early rounds of the second two tournaments.

Also, playing tournaments in sets of two keeps the two sets around the same level. If you started 4 tournaments in sequence it could get very confusing switching between tables where one is at level 5-7, level 4-5 in a second and level 2-3 in another and level 1-2 in another.