PDA

View Full Version : Lame ass challenge day 3/10. Success! And some hands, for her pleasure

DBowling
01-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Today was also a pretty short session because of a late start, and then the servers went down at about 2am. I figured this would be a good time to stop, i need to get some sleep. Tommorow im going to the LA auto show. Should be awesome.

This session got off to a rocky start also. Wonderful. I played one hand of 100nl 6max, lost $26, and left. I dont want to get all my money into that game before i get more experience at 6max. So i traveled over to the 50nl 6 max. Game is very nice. I think the problem with my full ring game was that i was turning into a 6 max player. My game fits very well here, after a few adjustments.
I started the night up and down quite a bit. But had a very strong last few hours.

Total hands played today: 2,464
Net $: 196.24

Very nice change, and if not for some stupid plays, i should have netted some more. Here's some hands, in no particular order. Ill try to limit it to 4 for the people who think i put too many hands /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hand #1 Just a regular KK hand. Is this fold to a check raise standard in 6 max? I couldnt imagine him doing this with a hand i beat, especially on a drawless board.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">BB ($59.3)</font>
UTG ($77.8)
MP ($64.23)
Hero ($50.4)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($0)</font>
SB ($68.92)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, MP calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB (poster) folds, BB calls $3, MP calls $3.

Flop: ($12.50) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $18</font>, MP folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $39.50
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $30.50, won by BB.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: $9, between BB and Button.</font>

Hand #2 So far from what i have seen, villian is a sucker. Hes been mocked by everyone at the table(besides me, of course) yet he plays on. I checked the river because i couldnt imagine a worse hand calling me if i bet, so perhaps i could induce a bluff. At this point im expecting to be shown a flopped set maybe 10% of the time, K9 for two pair about 3% of the time, Kx/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7% of the time, and probably pocket tens or worse(including busted flush draws) 80% of the time. So i call. Too loose?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($216.62)</font>
BB ($59.45)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($86.9)</font>
MP ($69.25)
Button ($68.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $4.5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $4, MP folds.

Flop: ($12) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10.

Turn: ($32) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, UTG calls $22.

River: ($76) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG calls $49.90 (All-In), Hero calls $49.90.

Final Pot: $175.80
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $175.80, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Hand #3 AK, i bluff the flop, pick up the flush draw on the turn, semi bluff and get put all in, i call. Standard?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($81.85)
UTG ($18.55)
MP ($23.5)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($135.7)</font>
Button ($23)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($59.95)</font>

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button folds, SB (poster) calls $3.50, BB folds, UTG folds.

Flop: ($10) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, SB calls $9.

Turn: ($28) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, SB calls $46.95 (All-In), Hero calls $24.95.

Final Pot: ($121.90)

Hand #4 Flopped a set on a monotone board. I wanted to figure out where i was on the flop, but damned if i know with two cold callers. Seems scary, i check the turn and LP villian bets small (suspicious) and PFR cold calls (again, suspicious) i have no idea where the [censored] im at at any point in this hand. Should i have got more money in at some point? Folded at any point?

Button ($79.95)
SB ($47)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($35.63)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($281.39)</font>
MP ($38.75)
<font color="#C00000">CO ($0)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
Hero calls $1, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $3</font>, SB (poster) folds, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($9.50) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls $6, BB calls $6.

Turn: ($27.50) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, BB calls $10, Hero calls $10.

River: ($57.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB calls $16.63 (All-In), Hero calls $16.63, Button folds.

Final Pot: $90.76
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $90.76, between BB and Hero.</font>

TheWorstPlayer
01-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Well these are becoming my favorite threads, so here we go again.

Hand 1: Looks good.
Hand 2: You'd rather pay 40 bucks for a draw that you had for free? He gave you a free river, take it.
Hand 3: Looks good depending on your read.
Hand 4: You have to charge a spade draw. Bet the pot on the flop. Bet the turn.

DBowling
01-11-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well these are becoming my favorite threads, so here we go again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad someone's reading them /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think you mixed up hands two and three.

For the hand where i picked up the club draw, i never really considered checking, but that looks like a really good plan. Looking at twodimes.net, im about a 32/68 dog against an overpair. Freecards look good here.

As for the flopped set hand, it seems we've found a pattern of myself underbetting sets. Do you think i should be happy to get all the money in on the flop? Or should i slow down if either villian gets excited? I realize money isnt very deep here, so if i could get two players all in i think id be happy, but if it were deeper? I think playing sets poorly is a leak in my game currently

theredpill
01-11-2005, 08:58 AM
yeah, I like your threads , too. Just one point. Day 3 isn't interesting me as much as your Day 2 thread so you might go look and see what you did in Day 2 because for some reason I skipped over a lot of your hands in this thread but I still read your introduction paragraph. Just thought I'd mention that if you are looking for readers.

It was the A K hand. It was an interesting hand to me. That is why I paid more attention to day 2.

DBowling
01-11-2005, 09:03 AM
lol thanks. on day four i will post more hands, i posted fewer this time because TWP complained about there being too many. So i just posted the ones i wanted advice on, as opposed to the interesting ones. ill try to mix it up next time.

theredpill
01-11-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm not an expert only been playing NL for about 7 months.

Hand 1) Looks good to me, too but I'll sometimes even check right there to save that $9. Usually if they have an ace, they'll let you know it (depends how many called preflop)

Hand 2)Played it good I think. Opponent had K 9, set of 8's, set of 9's ?

Hand 3) Your flop bluff is okay. I really dislike your turn bluff unless you knew something about your opponent. To me, opponent has 99, TT, JJ, QQ ....rule out set because he completed full house if he had set. Or maybe he's crazy and called with A 3 in the SB.

Hand 4) Looks okay to me.

DBowling
01-11-2005, 09:21 AM
if anyone is interested...

Hand #5 Dunno wtf i was thinking this hand. He gave me 3:1 on the turn, so i took it, even though i might be drawing dead. The river was a blank but yes, i called $5 with ace high....

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($73.15)
Button ($50.65)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($92.3)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($50)</font>
UTG ($80.5)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $3.

Flop: ($8) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $11</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($30) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $15</font>, Hero calls $15.

River: ($60) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Final Pot: $70
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $70, between SB and Hero.</font>

Hand #6 Nothing to special about this hand except i bet you cant guess what villian had. Hint: i lost
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+2 ($157.05)
MP1 ($50)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($110.35)</font>
MP3 ($46.5)
CO ($48.5)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($26.86)</font>
SB ($16.25)
BB ($144.35)
UTG ($50.15)
UTG+1 ($49)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $1, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls $1, MP3 calls $1, CO folds, Button calls $1, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls $4, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $4.

Turn: ($18) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, Button calls $9.86 (All-In).

River: ($63.86) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $63.86
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $61.72, between Hero and Button.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: $2.14, returned to Hero.</font>

Hand #6 bah, another butchered hand. im not sure where it was messed up though. i put him on a J the whole way through, perhaps KJ. im almost positive i am beat, but where do i let it go? remember im no good at folding small bets into big pots on the river. I felt beat on the turn, where the A could have made him two pair, but i bet it anyway. Check it? Or full pot it to get all the money in now with my gutshot + 2nd pair?

MP ($86.24)
CO ($114.49)
Button ($34.2)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($53)</font>
BB ($5.3)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($44)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $3.5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($9) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, UTG calls $8.

Turn: ($25) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls $15.

River: ($55) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG calls $17 (All-In), Hero calls $17.

Final Pot: $89
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $89, between Hero and UTG.</font>

hand #8 Seems pretty standard, i was mildly concerned about someone semi bluffing with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifx/images/graemlins/diamond.gif but only mildly. Turn is a pretty sweet card as it makes someone a likely straight/two pair. River is of no consequence, although it makes a possible 6 or 7 card straight, if that mattered to anyone.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($49.6)
Button ($133.61)
SB ($211.39)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($86.3)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($43.8)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, MP folds, Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1, UTG calls $1, Button calls $1.

Flop: ($8) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $4, UTG calls $4.

Turn: ($20) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, UTG calls $11, Button folds.

River: ($42) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $28</font>, UTG calls $26.80 (All-In).

Final Pot: $96.80
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $95.60, between Hero and UTG.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: $1.20, returned to Hero.</font>

theredpill
01-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Hand 1 from above ) I guess the raise on the flop was your attempt at getting a free card on the turn ? Depending on what I thought of the player, I think you played it ok.

Reason I was interested in Day 2 was more because of the A K hand moreso than the number of hands. Quality over quantity I think.

DBowling
01-11-2005, 09:36 AM
quality? that hand was crap! i hope you never play a hand like that in your entire poker career. haha and if you want to send me a $90 refund because you enjoyed it, drop it in my empire account /images/graemlins/grin.gif

as for hand 1 aka hand 5, i raised the flop because i raised preflop and when someone bets small into me, as the pfr, i always raise. Most of the time this wins the pot outright, but i did not raise enough to clearly define my hand. This time, he came over the top, with a min raise. That sucks. He might play a draw like this, but doubtful, out of position. Thats why i called his river $5. incase one in 13 times hes a total idiot who plays a lower flush draw like this.
but yes, if he checked the flop to me, i would have taken the freecard (hopefully.. but ya never know, see hand 3 from original post)

theredpill
01-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm saying that you showed people what not to do on that A K hand from day 2. It was interesting. You know. It's the reason why Jerry Springer is so popular. Some people like to see people hurting. Sorry but its true.. Ok, I'm tired so I'm out. Yeah, I think these posts will help people learn something.

Do you multi-table ? I'm playing $25 NL at Party but not making anywhere near what you are making. I play one table. I play tight but aggressive. I have never made $200 in one day off of cash games in my 7 month poker career. I have made it in tourneys but I'm steering more to cash games for the consistency part. I just need help in achieving the $$$$.

GimmeDaWatch
01-11-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
quality? that hand was crap! i hope you never play a hand like that in your entire poker career. haha and if you want to send me a $90 refund because you enjoyed it, drop it in my empire account /images/graemlins/grin.gif

as for hand 1 aka hand 5, i raised the flop because i raised preflop and when someone bets small into me, as the pfr, i always raise. Most of the time this wins the pot outright, but i did not raise enough to clearly define my hand. This time, he came over the top, with a min raise. That sucks. He might play a draw like this, but doubtful, out of position. Thats why i called his river $5. incase one in 13 times hes a total idiot who plays a lower flush draw like this.
but yes, if he checked the flop to me, i would have taken the freecard (hopefully.. but ya never know, see hand 3 from original post)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why'd the guy in that hand bet so little on the river, he have 22? Also, Im curious about the results of some of these hands, would you mind posting them.

TheWorstPlayer
01-11-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the flopped set hand, it seems we've found a pattern of myself underbetting sets. Do you think i should be happy to get all the money in on the flop? Or should i slow down if either villian gets excited? I realize money isnt very deep here, so if i could get two players all in i think id be happy, but if it were deeper? I think playing sets poorly is a leak in my game currently

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that playing a set on a monochrome flop is just really hard. There was another thread on this board about it and there is a pretty long thread on the mid- and high-stakes board also going on about it. Just a tough hand. Personally, I like the line of bet the pot on the flop, if no fourth card on the turn, bet about 2/3 the pot on the turn. If there is 4th card of the suit, try to fill up cheaply on the river (i.e. bet small or check if OOP depending on opponent and check through if you have position). Other people have made other suggestions though and I really am not sure that the line I like is best. I could certainly be convinced otherwise.

TheWorstPlayer
01-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I mixed up hands 2 and 3 but you have two hands 6.

Hand 5: I wouldn't raise this flop. You have 13 outs against anything but AA or a 10, take them cheaply.
Hand 6: J2? I think you played it fine.
Hand 6(7): Obviously player dependent, but I would strongly consider folding the river if I were playing this hand.
Hand 8: Looks good. Does no one in your games ever protect their hands against draws?

DBowling
01-11-2005, 02:08 PM
he did not have 22, but ill post results when i get back this afternoon from the LA auto show. I might have some pics up too.

theredpill
01-11-2005, 03:55 PM
It's funny because now I know what you are doing throughout the day. Car show.....stopped to get a burger.....went to my friend Jim's house to play video games.

DBowling
01-11-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's funny because now I know what you are doing throughout the day. Car show.....stopped to get a burger.....went to my friend Jim's house to play video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yea, i guess its like my blog here.

DBowling
01-11-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Do you multi-table ?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do multi table. When i play 10 max, i 6 table. Ive been doing this for the past month or so and my biggest one day earning was $850 at the 50nl game. Previous to this i was 4 tabling and i dont know what my biggest day was.
I tried playing 6 tables of 6 max, but it seems the tables break too fast for me to consistantly be 6 tabling. So throughout yesterday i was doing anywhere between 3 and 6 tables.

DBowling
01-11-2005, 10:38 PM
hand 5: i see what youre saying, i guess im just very aggro postflop and like to bet and raise most flops if ive raised preflop. Sometimes someone in villians position would throw out a feeler bet with a flush draw or perhaps 77-99. Even though i might be behind, id prefer to pick up the pot with a raise if i can. I dont think i raised enough to accomplish this. I see you like taking a lot of free cards, which i think i dont do enough of, ill keep that in mind while i play in the future, but i think a raise is in order here just to keep up my image and hopefully prevent people from bullying me.

hand 6: he had pocket queens, i hate people who dont raise pf with pocket queens.

hand 7: yea, i know folding the river sounds good. but the pot is offering me 72:17 or about 4.2:1. Pot odds make it a call maybe? Realistically, i the only hand i MIGHT chop with is KT or KQ, so maybe i should fold.

hand 8: guess not

DBowling
01-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Hand #1 ?? i folded
Hand #2 A8, pair of eights (he loses)
Hand #3 A/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif other flush draw. river was a blank, i won with AK high
Hand #4 A/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif flopped flush
Hand #5 QTo flopped trips, rivered full house
Hand #6 QQ overpair
Hand #7 J9 flopped two pair, rivered full house
Hand #8 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif higher flush

TheWorstPlayer
01-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Hand 5: I was actually planning on mentioning that I don't mind the raise for image reasons but then it should be a real raise not that weak crap. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif