PDA

View Full Version : Please evaluate my QQ play

JudoGirl
01-11-2005, 06:16 AM
No reads on BB except that I did see him show down K7 off once outside the blinds. Generally, if someone caps pf I put them on QQ-KK or AK until I've seen them do otherwise. That's probably giving too much unearned respect given typical Party 2/4 play. In this case, I thouht AK most likely. When BB 3 bets on the flop I decide I'll call to the river and if no A or K on river I'll raise his bet and call a reraise. Otherwise I'd just call.

Given typical Party 2/4 play do you think this is too passive? Which streets, if any, do you think I should have played differently? The A on the river is scary, but I think you have to call it in his situation unless you're absolutely sure you're dealing with a granite rock.

Thanks, Teresa

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

SCfuji
01-11-2005, 06:45 AM
i usually will not slowdown until the turn JG. if a turn raise still doesn't let them know the strength of your hand, then i call down.

Nick C
01-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Did Villain raise preflop with the K7 he showed off? If not, then I'm not sure the fact that he played that hand tells you much about his raising (and capping) standards.

In any event, I think your play in the hand is reasonable. When BB 3-bets the flop heads-up, the chances he has AK just went down (though I don't think specifically A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif is very much less likely than it was before the 3-bet). You could be ahead of something like JJ-99 or even 66-44 or 22 or A8, but I think AA and KK are more likely than any other specific hands at this point.

By the way, though, if you strongly suspect AK and you want to get another raise in, then I don't think you should wait until the river. (AK might not call that river raise, unimproved, while AA could very well 3-bet.)

Anyway, though, when the ace falls on the river, I do think you should go ahead and call. I think you'll see a lower pocket pair than your queens often enough, especially since Villain was the BB and, facing a preflop raise and 3-bet, might've figured it was going to get capped anyway, and, since he wanted to play, he'd go ahead and put the cap in himself. (But I would call the river even if he'd capped preflop from the Button instead.)