PDA

View Full Version : DWI

tubbyspencer
01-11-2005, 02:25 AM
I am making my first foray into web site design. 2 questions, with multiple part answers to each allowed and encouraged....

(1) If you were trying to get a friend out of jail in your hometown, say for DWI, in the middle of the night(the most likely time for him to be arrested), what keywords would you use in Google? (or pick your search engine)

(2) If you had been arrested for DWI, and had already been released, what keywords would you use to search for a lawyer? (Or about general DWI info for your State or Hometown)

Thanks

Edited Title Only; changed to DWI from Help with Google

ArchAngel71857
01-11-2005, 02:34 AM
DUI Mike.

-AA

tubbyspencer
01-11-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
DUI Mike.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know DUI Mike (http://www.duimike.com/), lol. What if you didn't know him... or didn't live in Tennessee...

PoBoy321
01-11-2005, 02:43 AM
If you're searching for a lawyer to help you fight DWI case, just look up "fight traffic ticket." There have been other posts on here about fighting traffic tickets, although most of those have just been for regular speeding tickets, they should help you find info for DWI violations.

That being said, don't drive drunk. It's just a bad idea. It's hard to get out of, and it's hard to justify. If you have to drive 2 block, that's one thing. When you're going 30 miles from the bar to your house, find a side street in the 'burbs and pass out in the backseat. It's definitely +EV.

tubbyspencer
01-11-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're searching for a lawyer to help you fight DWI case, just look up "fight traffic ticket." There have been other posts on here about fighting traffic tickets, although most of those have just been for regular speeding tickets, they should help you find info for DWI violations.

That being said, don't drive drunk. It's just a bad idea. It's hard to get out of, and it's hard to justify. If you have to drive 2 block, that's one thing. When you're going 30 miles from the bar to your house, find a side street in the 'burbs and pass out in the backseat. It's definitely +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmmmmm, I'm "making my first forays into web site design", as I said, lol. I'm not a website designer, and I haven't driven drunk in years, literally........

Maybe.......maybe..........maybe.......oh yeah, that's right...... I'M A DWI LAWYER trying to make his website reached by more potential clients.

I realize this probably relegates me even lower on your food chain than the guy I represent. That's fine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And by the way, fighting traffic tickets is for stupid people. Take defensive driving, or just pay the damn fine. It's probably $200. If the MANY hours out of your life fighting the thing isn't worth the $200, well, then go for it.

And if it makes you feel any better, I tell my clients, as I warn them not to drink and drive again, that it's cheaper to rent a helicopter to fly you home than it is to get arrested for DWI. Especially including my fee. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

(But thanks for the lecture. Got any ideas for my original post? Or feel free to re-flame me for being a scumbag defense lawyer. Obviously, it's your choice.)

IggyWH
01-11-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what keywords would you use in Google? (or pick your search engine)

[/ QUOTE ]

Google indexes websites with their googlespyder (I believe that's what it's called). It searches though all your pages of a website once added to the database. It goes by content on a site and keywords mean nothing to it. So just your normal text that you would have on your site talking about DWI will get you the hits on google.

For instance, here's a sentence out of my blog :

"I've also played some $50PL and $50NL lately"

That looks like a BS sentence that wouldn't give you any hits in a search enging. If you cut & paste that into google, you'll get my blog entry with that sentence. Most search engines go off google databases so copy & pasting that sentence in yahoo, lycos, hotbot, etc will work also.

Just make sure to submit your site to google once it's done.

tubbyspencer
01-11-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what keywords would you use in Google? (or pick your search engine)

[/ QUOTE ]

Google indexes websites with their googlespyder (I believe that's what it's called). It searches though all your pages of a website once added to the database. It goes by content on a site and keywords mean nothing to it. So just your normal text that you would have on your site talking about DWI will get you the hits on google.

For instance, here's a sentence out of my blog :

"I've also played some $50PL and $50NL lately"

That looks like a BS sentence that wouldn't give you any hits in a search enging. If you cut & paste that into google, you'll get my blog entry with that sentence. Most search engines go off google databases so copy & pasting that sentence in yahoo, lycos, hotbot, etc will work also.

Just make sure to submit your site to google once it's done.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. So we have a vote for "keywords mean nothing", which is untrue. I'm new at this, but SEO theory is rife with this.

Also, if you care, there's something called Google AdWords, which is EXTREMELY specific to what I was referring to as the "keywords" you would use. Yes, it's Pay Per Click, but trust me, at the prices I charge, I can afford it.

PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE yall! Just answer the damn questions. Geez!

IggyWH
01-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Jesus Christ dude... you are an ass. Excuse me for trying to be helpful. I'll say it again : keywords mean nothing since it indexes your whole site! So while you stress over coming up with specific keywords, you're wasting your time because those words are probably already on your site somewhere.

Now if you want to talk about AdWords, that's a whole different ballpark. Did you say that in your original post Mr lawyer? NO! Great lawyer you are...

tubbyspencer
01-11-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus Christ dude... you are an ass. Excuse me for trying to be helpful. I'll say it again : keywords mean nothing since it indexes your whole site! So while you stress over coming up with specific keywords, you're wasting your time because those words are probably already on your site somewhere.

Now if you want to talk about AdWords, that's a whole different ballpark. Did you say that in your original post Mr lawyer? NO! Great lawyer you are...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about keywords or AdWords really. I'm talking about what words you would type INTO THE GOOGLE TOOLBAR SEARCH or however it is you use google.

Jesus Christ yourself. Thanks for being so helpful; I appreciate it.

Read the original post (at least once would be nice). I'm OBVIOUSLY (to a non-moron) asking, if you went to the internet to find out how to get your friend out of jail, what words would you type into your favorite search engine to do it? (Same question for finding a good DWI lawyer for yourself.) I didn't say I was going to use the goddam results of this poll to add specific meta-tags to my website.

Again, if anyone can be ACTUALLY helpful by answering my original question, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Hell, "Dui Mike" was a GREAT answer. But trust me - I won't be adding those words anywhere near my website. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Inthacup
01-11-2005, 04:05 AM
DUI Top Gun

liquidboss
01-11-2005, 04:55 AM
I search for "dui lawyer" when I get a DUI.

Vern
01-11-2005, 05:14 AM
I think most drunks looking for a lawyer would type: I drunk not much so think u am and need a friggin lawer!!!!!!!!! into Google.

You may of course include some different explitives, as long as you trap for slurred spelling errors and lines that ends with exaggerated exclamation points, I think they will find you.

Vern

PoBoy321
01-12-2005, 04:45 AM
Whoops, sorry, I read through your post too fast and completely missed the point of it. But yeah, that would make a whole lot more sense than a guy who just got a DWI coming to a gambling website for advice. lol

Anyway, if you're looking to defend DWI cases, make sure your website is in dark colors and not very flashy. It's a lot easier on a hungover brain. As for keywords, I guess DUI, DWI and lawyer would be fine. I'm not exactly sure what criteria google uses to determine who gets to the top of the page and who goes to the bottom, so I guess that the more often those appear in your site, the better off you are.

BTW, I'm planning on becoming a scumbag defense lawyer, so no worries.

Freakin
01-12-2005, 05:38 AM
Only slightly OT

Best DUI video EVAR! (http://www.jdhodgson.us/video/sobrietytest.wmv )

Shajen
01-12-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Only slightly OT

Best DUI video EVAR! (http://www.jdhodgson.us/video/sobrietytest.wmv )

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah. That's retarded. I laughed though. That just means I'm a mental midget though.

thanks.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

elwoodblues
01-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Various combinations of DUI DWI ATTORNEY LAWYER LEGAL and the state/county name. Also, consider using Findlaw for this stuff.

That being said, while yellow page advertising doesn't necessarily work for all areas of practice, DUI/DWI is one area where it probably does. Clients might very well be calling from jail where they just open the attorney section of the yellow pages.

OrangeHeat
01-12-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have to drive 2 block, that's one thing. When you're going 30 miles from the bar to your house, find a side street in the 'burbs and pass out in the backseat. It's definitely +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I got mine in a parking lot moving my truck from day time to all-night parking - about 100 yards drive.

2. At least in NY even if your in your backseat they give u a DWI.

Orange

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. At least in NY even if your in your backseat they give u a DWI. Orange

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. When I was in San Diego years ago, my boss got one sitting in his car with his keys in his hand. They said he intended to drive.

tubbyspencer
01-14-2005, 09:53 PM
thanks