PDA

View Full Version : anyone fold this KK?

kpux
01-11-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm fairly new to NL100, so I don't have a lot of PT stats, but this guy seemed like a decent player. I hadn't seen him do anything too crazy yet.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($103.45)
Button ($228)
SB ($138.35)
Hero ($205.1)
UTG ($339.05)
UTG+1 ($228.05)
MP1 ($234.65)
MP2 ($102.45)
MP3 ($91)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $10</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB (poster) folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $33</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $25.

Flop: ($73) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $50, MP1 raises all-in for $120 more, Hero...

EDIT: I really don't think that there are many hands that I'm ahead of here. What could he possibly have that I beat besides AQ? Could he even have AQ based on his call PF?

krazyace5
01-11-2005, 03:18 AM
Ouch, looks like he might have QQ most likely. Seems like he would of set you in preflop with AA.

PoBoy321
01-11-2005, 03:22 AM
Seems like AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif or AQ to me. If you're up against 22, it's an odd way for him to play it, but either way, I call.

EDIT: Just as an aside, there's no way that QQ is pushing here. Just look at how much value he's losing against a flush draw or even AA. Call and take it down.

theredpill
01-11-2005, 05:04 AM
that's an awfully big reraise preflop ? It's 1/2 NL , right ? You raised to $33 ? I guess it depends on the table. That raise alone almost commits you . Doesn't it ?

roundtwo
01-11-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that's an awfully big reraise preflop ? It's 1/2 NL , right ? You raised to $33 ? I guess it depends on the table. That raise alone almost commits you . Doesn't it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, i feel youre pot committed pretty much and you are most likely ahead. QQ wouldnt want to push you out of the pot just yet. AKs looks like a likely hand here. could be AA but that is a tricky player if he played it that way.

tubalkain
01-11-2005, 06:16 AM
I see a few possibilities here, very few of which look good for you.

AK spades: I can understand him calling you, but the push is just outlandish.
AQ: The preflop raise and call say otherwise to me. But then again, I'm new and don't even use Pokertracker, so...
AA: Possible. Not likely... I'd understand a min-raise more than a push here.
QQ: His play makes sense, unless....
Q2: If he's this horrid, give me his screenname.
22: See Q2.

Given how big your stack is, I'd give him credit for AA/QQ and lay it down. If shortstacked, I'd probably call him down just to keep him honest.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-11-2005, 08:57 AM
You have to call here. Folding w/o a super read is bad.

Villan will flip over TONS of hands that you are crushing.

kpux
01-11-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I reraised to $35 out of the BB with KK after he raised to $10 preflop in EP. Surely this is standard.

kpux
01-11-2005, 01:54 PM
I thought for a long time, grit my teeth and called. Thinking about the hand afterwards, I figure QQ would slowplay as he wouldn't want me to laydown AA or KK. I immediately ruled out a 2, and thought the only real possibilities were AQ and AKs, maybe AA.

Anyways, he had JJ. Anyone want to explain that one?

BigF
01-11-2005, 02:33 PM
I do I do. He's a retard.

Sephus
01-11-2005, 02:37 PM
we have a winner.

TheWorstPlayer
01-11-2005, 07:39 PM
He's a retard who would have taken this pot from half the posters in this thread. Just something to think about.

CheckFold
01-11-2005, 07:52 PM
He's either bad or just tilting and wants to put you on AK or thinks maybe you were just trying to bully him randomly like some people will do with 98o. Either way he had probably in his mind committed his stack to the pot if no A or K flopped and was now just following up.

JohnG
01-13-2005, 03:43 AM
Not a chance in hell I'd fold here normally, given the allin was less than the size of the pot. For such a raise, the op could just be going with their hand, which was apparently the case in this actual example as he gave you AK or a lower pp. And if people habitually get scared with hands like KK facing such a raise, they will never be a winning player.

Scorpion
01-13-2005, 04:23 AM
Twice the other night I held QQ and flopped Q's full. Checked the flop and got set in, both times by JJ.

kpux
01-13-2005, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I guess he is just a retard. I'm new to NL100, I'm mostly a limit player actually. When I see huge raises I have a habit to think there are monsters under the bed. Good to know this is an automatic call for most of you.

iRoD
01-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Yeah I can't see folding here because I don't see what you are possibly behind that is making this play here. There is the possibility that you are against AA, but its a very strange way to play aces as most people will repop you PF with AA. AQ was a far more likely hand for the guy to have here as the raise would doubtfully be from a monster. QQ would have smooth called for sure, and a 2 is extremely doubtful considering the PF play.

The JJ here was probably because 1) the guy maybe thought you had AK or AJ and would lay down to the raise. 2) the guy thought you had a worse PP and assumed to be paid off by 10s or something. Either way, a horrendous play by your opponent with JJ.

creedofhubris
01-13-2005, 07:03 AM
It's pretty much an autocall because he doesn't have much behind. You are getting better than 3:1 to call his reraise; are you ahead more than 1/3 of the time against a random player? Yes. So call.

If made the same raise and you both had another $400 behind, then you would want to consider mucking more seriously.