PDA

View Full Version : Now I understand where Randy Moss is coming from

ClaytonN
01-11-2005, 01:05 AM
According to Tony Dungy, who used to work with the Vikes, there are a certain core of Pakcer fans who make a habit of hanging around the visiting team's stadium exit in big games. When the visitor's buses pull away, the Packer fans moon the buses.

Now it all makes perfect sense. Instead of being mad at Randy, I just gotta laugh.

augie00
01-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Yeah, when I saw Tony's comment on Sportscenter, I had a good laugh too. How could you not think that's funny?

scott1
01-11-2005, 01:16 AM
The most offensive action in the stadium last night was the announcers. Brett Favre had one of the worst games a QB has ever had in the playoffs, but no one in the booth had the balls to say anything bad about the NFLs Golden Boy.

What Moss did was a reasonable act in the middle of a game that pays grown men millions of dollars.

ChoicestHops
01-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Anything between the Vikes and Pack is personal. Even Favre got caught up in the middle of a on field hustle, and I rarely see him get in the middle of a confrontation.

It does get old, however, how the announcers do talk about Favre different then other QB's. He played a pretty bad game.

ArchAngel71857
01-11-2005, 02:40 AM
It's not every day you see a QB flick the ball forward 4 yards past the line of scrimmage!

-AA

DangerGoodson
01-11-2005, 03:17 AM
How about the hypocrisy of Joe Buck. He yells at Randy calling the act disgusting, when he profits off Budweiser commercials featuring a brash receiver (Leon), partially based off Moss himself.(Also, those commercials are aired during the games he announces which can confuse kids, as the announcer of the game appears to selling/promoting beer, which is more harmful and distasteful than a little mooning.). What a pompous douchebag.

IggyWH
01-11-2005, 03:20 AM
Joe Buck is an ass and I can't stand him. I'm just happy the Steelers rarely play on Fox!

WarDekar
01-11-2005, 03:36 AM
It was actually a reasonably smart play, ASSUMING he wasn't getting the first down by diving. BECAUSE, if he got tackled there the clock keeps running and they have to rush the FG unit onto the field. He either had to a.) Put his body on the line to get the first down or b.) make an illegal forward pass so they could get a FG try. He chose b.) because he's old and fragile, and wasn't guaranteed to get the first down anyway.

youtalkfunny
01-11-2005, 04:39 AM
Heard an interview with Joe Buck today. He said something I've been thinking all day: everybody is talking about the mooning pantomime, but no one is mentioning how Moss also wiped his ass with the Packer's goalpost. It was THAT part that sent Buck through the roof.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-11-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It was actually a reasonably smart play, ASSUMING he wasn't getting the first down by diving. BECAUSE, if he got tackled there the clock keeps running and they have to rush the FG unit onto the field. He either had to a.) Put his body on the line to get the first down or b.) make an illegal forward pass so they could get a FG try. He chose b.) because he's old and fragile, and wasn't guaranteed to get the first down anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
He chose B because he was about to get the [censored] kicked out of him and he didn't want to admit to being an absolute puss and slide well before the 1st down marker. He thought this looked better, but in the end, it was probably enough of a difference on the missed FG or it would've been close enough to go for it on 4th down.

Hack
01-11-2005, 11:24 AM
LMFAO.

The steelers don't play on Fox because Fox only televises NFC games during the regular season.

Are the Steelers in the NFC? No, they aren't.

CBS- AFC
FOX- NFC

Okie dokie.

SossMan
01-11-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LMFAO.

The steelers don't play on Fox because Fox only televises NFC games during the regular season.

CBS- AFC
FOX- NFC

Okie dokie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunday, Sept. 12 OAKLAND RAIDERS W - 24-21
Sunday, Sept. 19 at Baltimore Ravens L - 30-13
Sunday, Sept. 26 at Miami Dolphins W - 13-3
Sunday, Oct. 3 CINCINNATI BENGALS W - 28-17
Sunday, Oct. 10 CLEVELAND BROWNS W - 34-23
Sunday, Oct. 17 at Dallas Cowboys W - 24-20
Sunday, Oct. 24 BYE WEEK
Sunday, Oct. 31 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS W - 34-20
Sunday, Nov. 7 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES W - 27-3
Sunday, Nov. 14 at Cleveland Browns W - 24-10
Sunday, Nov. 21 at Cincinnati Bengals W - 19-14
Sunday, Nov. 28 WASHINGTON REDSKINS W - 16-7
Sunday, Dec. 5 at Jacksonville Jaguars W - 17-16
Sunday, Dec. 12 NEW YORK JETS W - 17-6
Saturday Dec. 18 at New York Giants W - 33-30
Sunday, Dec. 26 BALTIMORE RAVENS W - 20-7
Sunday, Jan. 2 at Buffalo Bills W - 29-24

Overdrive
01-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Now we all know that if the Golden Boy Brett Favre had fake mooned fans while the Packers were playing at Minnesota the announcers and everybody else would of just laughed and said how cool it was. Everybody is attacking Randy because he is black, those are the facts.

And how come everyone is worried about kids seeing some guy do a fake moon dance but they aren't worried that almost every commercial that the kids are watching during the NFL is telling them to drink beer and that "if you have an erection lasting more than four hours please see your doctor." Every commercial that the "kids" are seeing is for beer and drugs to make your dick hard - I guess that is okay, but if a black man does a little fake moon dance it is the end of the world right?

jakethebake
01-11-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now we all know that if the Golden Boy Brett Favre had fake mooned fans while the Packers were playing at Minnesota the announcers and everybody else would of just laughed and said how cool it was. Everybody is attacking Randy because he is black, those are the facts.

And how come everyone is worried about kids seeing some guy do a fake moon dance but they aren't worried that almost every commercial that the kids are watching during the NFL is telling them to drink beer and that "if you have an erection lasting more than four hours please see your doctor." Every commercial that the "kids" are seeing is for beer and drugs to make your dick hard - I guess that is okay, but if a black man does a little fake moon dance it is the end of the world right?

[/ QUOTE ]
If there's anything worse than a troll it's a racist troll. Not really even worth arguing with an idiot like this. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boris
01-11-2005, 12:50 PM
I agree. Good post.

wuwei
01-11-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heard an interview with Joe Buck today. He said something I've been thinking all day: everybody is talking about the mooning pantomime, but no one is mentioning how Moss also wiped his ass with the Packer's goalpost. It was THAT part that sent Buck through the roof.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't wipe his ass on the goalpost... come on. This is stupid. He finished the fake moon by giving the goalpost a bump with HIS HIP. Who wipes their ass on their hip? You and Buck and everyone else are reading way too much into it, presumably because you expect the absolute worst from Moss. Can't blame you, I guess, but there was absolutely zero ass wiping in that endzone, just like there was zero taking a shi<font color="red"></font>t in the end zone.

steeser
01-11-2005, 02:54 PM
To clarify, this is what determines which network a game is on (assuming it's not the ESPN or ABC game).

Road team is AFC, the game is on CBS.
Road team is NFC, the game is on FOX.

WDC
01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
He did a bump and grind. No more offensive than a night in a dance club.

jakethebake
01-11-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Although, I wasn't particularly offended by the fake moon, I disagree with your premise. I think Moss is a jerk. This, however, wasn't really all that bad. With that said, dance club moves belong in the dance club, as far as I'm concerned. I don't come to the football game and have sex on the field because it's not the place for it...well that and I'd get arrested. But I dislike the choreographed end-zone dance. It's just moronic. It's particularly moronic for some teams that lose games and don't make the play-offs. If the players spent less time choreographing dances and more practicing or they might win. I guess I just kinda generally dislike showboating in general, regardless of the sport. Well I guess that was my rant for the day. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cardcounter0
01-11-2005, 03:21 PM
"if you have an erection lasting more than four hours please see your doctor."

If I have an erection for more than four hours I will see my doctor, the nurse, call all the neighbors to show them too, and wave it out the window on the way to the hospital.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Packer fans have been mass mooning the Vikes after every defeat for years. So they got beat and mooned back. They need to shut up and take it like they dish it out.

drewjustdrew
01-11-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The most offensive action in the stadium last night was the announcers. Brett Favre had one of the worst games a QB has ever had in the playoffs, but no one in the booth had the balls to say anything bad about the NFLs Golden Boy.

What Moss did was a reasonable act in the middle of a game that pays grown men millions of dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Packers play was "disgusting".

Shajen
01-11-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Although, I wasn't particularly offended by the fake moon, I disagree with your premise. I think Moss is a jerk. This, however, wasn't really all that bad. With that said, dance club moves belong in the dance club, as far as I'm concerned. I don't come to the football game and have sex on the field because it's not the place for it...well that and I'd get arrested. But I dislike the choreographed end-zone dance. It's just moronic. It's particularly moronic for some teams that lose games and don't make the play-offs. If the players spent less time choreographing dances and more practicing or they might win. I guess I just kinda generally dislike showboating in general, regardless of the sport. Well I guess that was my rant for the day. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Act like you've been there before, son.

A perfect example: Barry Sanders. Another: Marvin Harrison.

Gatts
01-11-2005, 06:04 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
LMFAO.

CBS- AFC
FOX- NFC

Okie dokie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is mind-bogglingly stupid, I guess it would come from you. AFC teams and NFC teams play against each other during the regular season, you know.

Richard Tanner
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
"A perfect example: Barry Sanders. Another: Marvin Harrison."

Glad someone brought this up, I don't really care about Moss's whole schick, but I do care that people who act with class don't get the attention they deserve. Oh well, one in a long list of double standards and on this we can only blame ourselves.

Cody

lastchance
01-11-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If there's anything worse than a troll it's a racist troll. Not really even worth arguing with an idiot like this. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, Plummer did the middle finger to his home crowd. I'd say that's worse that what Moss did. Yet, Moss is getting more press. I know Moss is a jerk, but you have to wonder.

And I agree with the bunch of you. Players like Harrison, Sanders, and Martin (throwing in one of my own) don't get nearly enough press for what they do.

BTW, Vikes handed the Pack a beatdown that game. If the Vikes were down, and way down, it would have been a lot worse.

Moss is still an arse tho.

Riskwise
01-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Someone above had a really good post about the announcers affraid to rip apart Brett Farve who is BURNT OUT. If they are going to talk about Randy's "classless" act, then they should talk about the "classless" packer fans. Not only about the mooning, but there are thousands of people harassing him from the stands doing whatever they can to piss him off. Lets just say they are lucky that it wasn't me that scored that TD...

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"A perfect example: Barry Sanders. Another: Marvin Harrison."

Glad someone brought this up, I don't really care about Moss's whole schick, but I do care that people who act with class don't get the attention they deserve. Oh well, one in a long list of double standards and on this we can only blame ourselves.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
It might be noted that this is the first time Moss has ever done anything like this after scoring. He usually gives the ball to a kid in the handicapped section - how many of you knew that? There is also the bit about how the Packer fans moon the opposing team bus on their way out. It's more of an inside joke that probably didn't need to be taken public. That being said, I think this was clearly not the thing to do. I personally hate all the stupid end zone celebrations. What gets me is how everybody thinks TO is just having fun and he's the greatest thing since the forward pass, but they get all up in a Tissy over Moss. In the end, I wish all the fools would quit all the stupid celebrations - TO, Ray Lewis, and every other retard celebrating every tackle or catch that they're getting paid millions of dollars to make. Play the game, have some respect, and act like you've been there before.

Ogre
01-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Moss &gt; Farve
at everything

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Moss &gt; Farve
at everything

[/ QUOTE ]
HUH?
Moss=WR
Favre=QB
you=silly

Edge34
01-12-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone above had a really good post about the announcers affraid to rip apart Brett Farve who is BURNT OUT. If they are going to talk about Randy's "classless" act, then they should talk about the "classless" packer fans. Not only about the mooning, but there are thousands of people harassing him from the stands doing whatever they can to piss him off. Lets just say they are lucky that it wasn't me that scored that TD...

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember Pacers-Pistons? Its never the fans' fault, they never do ANYTHING wrong.

Now, here's the thing. I don't think anything the fans did was over the line - anything they do (with the exception of the organized post-game mooning) is done at every other stadium, and definitely at a place like the Metrodome when they come to town. But Randy Moss does one thing and BECAUSE he's Randy Moss, the media looks for ANYTHING they can to tear him apart. They always do. Journalism is all about the sensational story these days (and yet still I'm a journalism major). Joe Buck, as much of a clown as I think he is (riding Daddy's name), conveniently forgot that Moss scored that second TD playing with a sprained ankle or strained calf that made running full speed impossible for him. And one week after leaving with 2 seconds left in Washington, this guy wanted to be all outraged that he PRETENDED to moon the crowd. The fact that we're even still talking about it is pretty sad to me.

Professional sports. Drugs? We'll let it go. Murder trials? As long as you're acquitted, they don't care. Dare to do something a little flashy after scoring a TD? Outcry from a lot of morons saying "Suspend him! I don't know this guy at all, but he makes a lot more money than me and I'm jealous, and he MUST be a jerk, because that's how he looks in the media!"

Gah...rant over...this feels a lot longer than it is I'm sure. Joe Buck is a clown and always will be. People need to get off their high horses and let the players play the game and be the entertainers they are. That IS why they've got those contracts, it damn sure isn't just about the game.

-Edge