PDA

View Full Version : Help on my NL home games

Chess
01-11-2005, 12:55 AM
(Please Note Im new to this forum)
I play a lot of NL Home games followed up by a limit cash game for those whom still want to play. For 4 months three people took top three (I was one of them) But in the last month I have been losing my ass off in the NL (breaking even in the limit after) And I dont get it. At some point in time I am usualy the chip leader. I make what seems like the same moves I would normaly make. I play tight but agressive, and I dont know if It comes down to me getting cold cards or if Im playing somthing wrong...
(I wish I could be more spicific but I dont know how until someone responds) Any advice?

Rex Bluett
01-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Add some drawing hands to the mix (suited connectors Axs) when conditions are favourable ie decent position unraised pots or small relative raise to chipstacks now occasionly play a strong draw aggressively if you think theres a chance you can take it down this will help make you more unpredictable also do you always slow play trap when you flop something big? observant opponents will notice this
How about varying your bet size to the strenght of your hand eg weak hand = weak bet, medium hand = medium bet, again people will notice and take advantage .

PoBoy321
01-11-2005, 03:17 AM
How many people are playing in these games? 4-5 or 8-10? most of the NL home games I've been playing in are 8-10 where at least 6 or 7 are just there for the fun of it and don't mind losing some money. Figure out who these guys are and get into pots with them. Avoid pots with the guys who are there to make money. I've used this formula in the home games I've played and have always come out a big winner.