PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Hand

JaBlue
01-10-2005, 11:37 PM
This was a freeroll satellite on stars to the 350K guaranteed tourney on stars.

I had KQ in EP and open-limped with blinds of 15-30 and a stack of 850 down from 1500 but not in bad condition yet (my AK ran into KK earlier and a K flopped)

All fold to SB who completes and BB checks. Both have me covered.

Flop is K4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif I don't have a heart. Both check to me and I bet 100 into the pot of 90.

SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: offsuit ace. Pot: 290 SB checks. I pushed with ~700 left.

Standard, bad, what?

Potowame
01-11-2005, 12:14 AM
this is not a standard play for me here. I think the flop bet was a little big , and when called you have to think you are way ahead or way behind.
I would bet out about 75 on the flop so on the turn a bet of 150 -175 should be enough to shut down a flush draw, and get a hand like KJ K10 to call. If you are checked raised here you have to think about getting out. If just called on the turn I might go for a small value bet on the river if its a blank if not I am checking to showdown.

JaBlue
01-11-2005, 11:06 AM
What do you think villain has? Some raggedy two pair? I really doubt it. Villain only completed in the small blind so I've eliminated AK from his range. What is he calling with on the flop? I doubt the ace helped him, and other than that the only hands that were beating me were AK, KK, 44, 22, K4, and K2 - none of which seem very likely.

I agree that a smaller flop bet would have been appropriate. As it was, I just wanted to take down the 100 uncontested as it would be a decent addition to my stack.

Anyone else have any input?