PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here play both SNGs and MTT?

bigredlemon
01-10-2005, 11:14 PM
This may be odd, but on PP, my ITM% seems to be a little higher in MTT tham SNGs. Has anyone else found this to be true too?

vindikation
01-10-2005, 11:20 PM
I was just going to create a post somewhat regarding this topic. I have the exact opposite findings as you, I have a MUCH better RIO & ITM in SnG's than Multi's. Not to hijack the thread but I was thinking of asking these 2 questions:

1). Does a good SnG player make a good MTT player?

2). Does a good MTT player make a good SnG player?

Our limited results are negatives to both questions. One thing that I have found is that MTT's usually pay the top 10% where the STT's pay the top 30%.

david050173
01-11-2005, 12:04 AM
You probably haven't played enought MTT to figure out your ROI. One top 3 finish can really change your ROI results for MTT.

TheWorks
01-11-2005, 12:24 AM
I play both, though I did find bad results when I played MMT's over my bankroll.

I usually play $27 turbos on Stars and $11(rebuy)-$20 MTTs. I find I do very well in MTTs when using the same strategy as in SnGs, which is to play tight early on and aggressive later on. My recent win was a $10 turbo for 1.7k.

Playing MTTs once ina while is quite fun and different from SNGs. MTTs are all about survival, just like in SNG

bigredlemon
01-11-2005, 01:54 AM
sorry if it wasn't more clear... I didn't mean "giant" MTTs, i'm refering the MTT of the SNG variety... 3 table. You get more chips and lower blinds to start, so there's more room for a bad beat or two, and you aren't forced to go all in until much later. Since there's a full table most of the time, the big stacks never get a huge advantage and can't steal blinds all the time. Thus the tight aggressive strategy is a lot more effective, and less prone to lucky swings.

On the other hand, I'm not sure it's fair to comapre SNGs to MTT at the same level since MTTs take a lot longer to finish, so maybe a 10+1 SNG is the same skill level as a 20+2 3 table MTT.

rachelwxm
01-11-2005, 11:06 AM
I think MTT is about playing skills, stealing, representing, bluffing, etc while SNGs is more about math.

They help each other but to a limited extent. Unless you are in final table, your skills in SNGs are not really that helpful in MTTs. Just like if you play tight early in SNGs, your MTT skills is not that important either.

Just my observation though. I have not enough success in MTTs to find it both fun and rewardable. /images/graemlins/cool.gif