PDA

View Full Version : The lameness that is...

mmbt0ne
01-10-2005, 11:13 PM
The PRS.

http://www.gtcocalcomp.com/photos/phprstxsandrxs500.jpg

Apparently Mr. Shitsonfun didn't like me not going to lame ass 205 person classes, so now we have to use this piece of [censored] to answer questions en masse during lecture. That way, they can not only monitor our attendence to Introductory Chemistry, but can make sure we stay awake or else they'll crap on our grade. Now, I am not usually one to skip a bunch of classes, but intro chem? I have to take it as one of my core classes, and now they're making me actually go to it too. Lame.

Jman28
01-10-2005, 11:15 PM
wow.

That is the worst thing ive ever seen.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Jesus. What school is this?

mmbt0ne
01-10-2005, 11:19 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Georgia Tech, gotta love it. Luckily I got through my physics requirements before this got implemented last semester. There is no way I would've gone to that lecture 4 times a week.

mmbt0ne
01-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that they cost $35. Just an extra little kick to the groin.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]that can't be a school, sounds more like prison(don't ask).

Riskwise
01-10-2005, 11:34 PM
oh but we will! prison? continue im interested...

apd138
01-11-2005, 12:10 AM
OMFG and [censored] jesus are two expressions that come to mind, seriously I don't get it when will grades start to be based on performance not participation.

SuitedSixes
01-11-2005, 02:17 AM
That sucks! If they had that when I was in school I may have graduated.

DemonDeac
01-11-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, but with more.............well, you know /images/graemlins/wink.gif

that sucks. i passed out of all my science classes for college with AP tests in high school. i love that. science and their labs are pains in the asses, glad ill never have to do it.

Bob Moss
01-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Yeah, they had these at UMass too. Luckily I only had one class that used them (a 500 person WORTHLESS lecture) but they were optional (you could choose to have participation count).

Of course, since it was a shitty class and I wasn't going to go anyway, and the $35 price... this was an easy fold for me.

Bob

mmbt0ne
01-11-2005, 02:57 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, but with more.............well, you know /images/graemlins/wink.gif

that sucks. i passed out of all my science classes for college with AP tests in high school. i love that. science and their labs are pains in the asses, glad ill never have to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I keep my scholarship by keeping a 3.0 (thanks HOPE) so I only took my English credit since I knew everything else well enough to expect A's. Plus, that car wreck on the morning of the AP Chem exam kinda killed any hope for a 5 in that. I would've opted out of chem in a heartbeat though, I'm sick of it. 3 years in high school, including one independent study course, and state champ for science olympiad chem lab. All that means.....nothing.

Skjonne
01-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Can't you collude with, say six friends and take turns?

The once and future king
01-11-2005, 09:05 AM
What is the deal with Yank Universities. At Brit Universities they dont care if you attend the lectures.

They do care that you pass the humongous mega evil exams at the end of the course

This seems the right way of doing it. Ya your free to bunk of and go down the bar, but come exam time if you havnt done the work you are [censored]..ed end of story. If you can pass the exam and go down the bar well done, the result is all that matters.

Are you familiar with the concept of the hidden curriculum?

beerbandit
01-11-2005, 09:17 AM
classes that factor in attendence are the devil --- without them i could easily have a 4.0

cheers

mmbt0ne
01-11-2005, 10:00 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, believe me, anyone who can come up with this device, can come up with the fact that each one has to be registered online using the ID number on the back, your full name, and in our case, your gtID number.

BeerMoney
01-11-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the deal with Yank Universities. At Brit Universities they dont care if you attend the lectures.

They do care that you pass the humongous mega evil exams at the end of the course

This seems the right way of doing it. Ya your free to bunk of and go down the bar, but come exam time if you havnt done the work you are [censored]..ed end of story. If you can pass the exam and go down the bar well done, the result is all that matters.

Are you familiar with the concept of the hidden curriculum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think some Prof's are so egotistical they have to make students come and listen to them. They want everybody to come and listen to how great they are. Its just lame.

mmcd
01-11-2005, 01:35 PM
That sucks! If they had that when I was in school I may have graduated.

If they had that when I was in school I may not have graduated.

mmcd
01-11-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, believe me, anyone who can come up with this device, can come up with the fact that each one has to be registered online using the ID number on the back, your full name, and in our case, your gtID number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not send some one in with like 4-5 of those devises and have them sit way up in the back corner.

I remember 1 lecture course I had where you had to swipe your id card for attendance purposes, and there'd always be someone swiping like 10 id cards when they came into the classroom.

IndieMatty
01-11-2005, 01:41 PM
That blows. As someone who missed more class than attended, I can say I would have failed out of college.

Sorry Bro.

jakethebake
01-11-2005, 01:44 PM
There were always people that registered for multiple classes at the same time and just alternated attendance too. I guess this puts an end to that.

mmbt0ne
01-11-2005, 01:47 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not send some one in with like 4-5 of those devises and have them sit way up in the back corner.

I remember 1 lecture course I had where you had to swipe your id card for attendance purposes, and there'd always be someone swiping like 10 id cards when they came into the classroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this could work. Now I just need to find people I know in a freshmen chem class.

jake: Every class doesn't have these, just the big lectures in the science department. As far as I know, only chem, physics and bio do this. Also, all of our registration is online and they won't let you overlap classes. I found that out the hard way. /images/graemlins/frown.gif