PDA

View Full Version : Call or Fold?

tbach24
01-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($32.6)
UTG+1 ($21.25)
UTG+2 ($32.9)
MP1 ($19.25)
MP2 ($20.85)
MP3 ($6.7)
CO ($16.7)
Button ($30.15)
SB ($10.5)
BB ($44.4)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $4</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB (poster) folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, UTG+2 calls $5.

Flop: ($18.75) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $10, UTG+2 raises all-in (23.8 total)

Call or fold?

elnino12
01-10-2005, 10:48 PM
As much as it hurts...I think you're beat. Only hand you have beat is A(J/Q/K). AA-JJ all take the pot unless you catch a K or running nonsense for a straight. What has villian been re-raising with? Does he do it with JJ and QQ, or ever with AQ? This could've been the worst flop possible for you... Did u call??

tbach24
01-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Thought about it for a bit...and called. It was only 13.80 more. I was pretty sure I was behind. Based on his pre-flop play I had him narrowed down to KK-JJ or AK. I was behind JJ and QQ, tied with KK, but AK I was ahead (unless it was of diamonds.) Since it was only 13.80 I decided I had to call (I was also curious about his hand.)

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Call. You are ahead here enough to make this a proftable play.

One of you small stakes guys biggest leaks is that you give TOO much credit to these players.

elnino12
01-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I'd probably call as well for only $13.80, but I also don't play this small of stakes, so I don't know how much that is to you. At this point you're pretty much pot committed, so it's not WRONG to call, I just think you're beat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MediaPA
01-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Who says this depends on the site? UB vs Party for example.

In my experience I'm dropping this 9 out of 10 times on UB. Party I don't have much experience, but all I hear is how bad the players are there.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-10-2005, 11:21 PM
?? i didnt mention anything about diff sites. The fact of the matter is that in all low stakes NL games i can think of, this is an easy call.

MediaPA
01-10-2005, 11:37 PM
If it's such an easy call, then you'd lose a ton of buyins on UB. That betting structure screams that he's beat from the people that I play with at that level on UB. I think a lot of people discount the ability of lower stake players because they aren't playing 'big' money poker. I've had much more success taking money off the big boys than the little guys because of this fact.

My hand analysis. Min-raise, he wants a caller at this point, he has a good hand (AQ is not generally considered a re-raise hand on UB. High Pocket Pair, AK, maybe high suited connectors)

He just calls the 5 raise. Ok, he has or is scared of KK or AA (due to the re-raise back), but still wants/needs to see a flop.

You bet $10, he goes all in. Where do you have to go in this hand really but to call. Chances of a bluff on his part, very low. Since at these levels, everyone is 'bad' and will call with $19 invested. He gets an extra 13.80 or whatever.

What actually happened since you called?

tbach24
01-10-2005, 11:42 PM
He had JJ and took it down, did anyone have a problem with my pre-flop re-re-raise?

MediaPA
01-10-2005, 11:51 PM
My only slight problem is that the re-re-raise for most sane players really cuts the number of hands they may have down making it an easier read to push or fold on the flop for your opponent. Also it usually makes it harder for me to fold my hand.

TheWorstPlayer
01-11-2005, 04:44 AM
First of all, you are 100% right about the site difference. I have played UB for 6 months and have now switched the Party. The people at Party will do completely moronic things like re-raise (and call all-in, by the way) with A6s. You really won't see that happening much at UB except for a few random people who are quickly deprived of their stacks. And those people are very obvious because they raise all-in themselves about 1/3 of the hands they play.

Second of all, I would push this preflop. As you see from this hand, people are willing to play QQ and JJ too aggressively preflop. He shouldn't have even called your last bet preflop (which is why against a good player you shouldn't make that last bet - it allows QQ and JJ to get away too easily). With KK against preflop aggression, I push every single time. You don't want to have to face that Axx flop and Qxx flop or Jxx flop and have to guess. Just push it all in. You are ahead way more than 50% of the time and you will definitely get called by weaker hands.