I mean, damn.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-10-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He solved a Rubik's cube in 18 seconds.

Blindfolded.

I mean, damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he solved it blindfolded, that is LESS impressive. Memorizing the movements is not as hard as solving the puzzle.

daryn
01-10-2005, 10:26 PM
my record is 35 seconds

TimM
01-10-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He solved a Rubik's cube in 18 seconds.

Blindfolded.

I mean, damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he solved it blindfolded, that is LESS impressive. Memorizing the movements is not as hard as solving the puzzle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speed cubing is all about memorization. The more different moves you know, the more situations you can solve without having to do compound moves.

My best 3x3x3 time is just under a minute. I know about 5-10 sequences which can be used for swapping and rotating various sub-cubes without disturbing other completed areas. So I solve the cube in many steps.

These guys memorize hundreds of sequences (one for each permutation of cubes on the last to be completed bottom face, for example) so that they can always solve this last, hardest step with one sequence.

kyro
01-10-2005, 11:36 PM
saw this guy do it blindfolded while balancing on a unicycle of some sort. or maybe he was hanging onto a bar above him with his teeth. nevertheless, he finished it in well under 30 seconds.

brassnuts
01-11-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my record is 35 seconds

[/ QUOTE ]

blindfolded?

35 seconds is still pretty good. My best was like a minute 5, but I never got into memorizing like 3rd level shortcuts or anything. I had a friend that could average less than a minute.

Edit:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you learn how to solve it, its all about memorization and recognizing and solving different patterns efficiently. The fact that this guy can look at the cube once at the beginning and do it blindfolded is very impessive.

vulturesrow
01-11-2005, 01:38 AM
Id be more impressed if he did it blindfolded while getting peanut butter licked off his sack by a blind dog.

brassnuts
01-11-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Id be more impressed if he did it blindfolded while getting peanut butter licked off his sack by a blind dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dog being blind would not impress me.

ArchAngel71857
01-11-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried, but I could never get around to solving the cube. I would get kinda tired and want a ciggarette.

-AA

daryn
01-11-2005, 03:04 AM
i see the blindfolded thing as weak. it's a simple memorization thing. i even think i could do it. just take my time, look the cube over, and try to remember all the moves.

actually, i probably couldn't remember the 100 or so moves i would need, but this kid did it in 17 seconds or whatever. how many moves could he have made in that time? 50? i might be able to do that.

PoBoy321
01-11-2005, 03:11 AM
I've never really understood speed-rubix cubing. I mean, you can solve a rubix cube fast. Big Fing deal.

ilya
01-11-2005, 03:54 AM
Whoa

Sponger15SB
01-11-2005, 04:11 AM
Whoa I can't believe how big of a loser you must be to spend your time speed solving rubik's cubes!

Sponger15SB
01-11-2005, 04:13 AM
Cup stacking....sweeping the nation....

http://www.superhandz.com/videos.html

woo

hoo

Brian
01-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Watching these videos almost inspired me to become a professional "speed cuber". But then I read about the potential injuries and risks involved in becoming a "speed cuber", and decided that I didn't have the balls for it:

[ QUOTE ]
2. Avoiding speed cubing injuries

You're kidding right? Injuries? From the Cube?!

Yes it is possible to injure yourself if you're not careful. If you speed cube to much for too long then you will start to get twinges in your wrist, and sometimes your thumbs as well. Some people never have this problem and have never had to worry about it. I've hurt my wrist from speed cubing, and even had to see a doctor about it once. If you feel twinges in your wrist or pain in your thumbs for the first time don't sweat it. It probably means that you've been cubing too much so lay off the cube for a few days. If you're still feeling pain, even after you've been finished cubing for a while, especially in your wrists, then lay off the cube for a least a week. Here are some things that should help if you're feeling pain in your wrist.

1. Lubricate your cube. I've been feeling pain in my wrist after cubing for a while, but ever since I lubricated my cube I haven't felt anything. If your wrist hurts that means you're working it too hard some how so either lay off the cube for a few days and let it rest or lubricate the cube and it should go away all together.

2. Wrap your wrist while you cube. If you don't want to lubricate your cube then try this, it helped me a lot! Get a good length of gauze and some medical tape and wrap the gauze fairly tightly around your wrist and tape it on. This limits the motion of your wrist, which is good! By doing this you won't be able to pull any muscles in your wrist because they won't have their full range of motion. This can take some getting used to when you cube but it shouldn't affect your times at all. It doesn't make the twinges in your wrist go away but it lengthens the amount of time you can cube comfortably. Like before, if you feel any twinges in your wrist stop cubing and lay off of it for a few days and it should get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can tell you one thing for certain after seeing this hottie in his videos: he's not just lubing the cube.

-Brian

jakethebake
01-11-2005, 10:38 AM
The 1970s called. They want this thread back.

TimM
01-11-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The 1970s called. They want this thread back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I called. I want your avatar back.

jakethebake
01-11-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I called. I want your avatar back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. My avatar has been the victim of *shudder* moderating, so you can thank all the folks that have a problem with clothed women for some reason.

BusterStacks
01-11-2005, 01:25 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/tetrismaster.html

Sponger15SB
01-11-2005, 01:47 PM
I think a cat jumping on the face of a little kid never gets old though!