PDA

View Full Version : Paypal cashouts

02-01-2002, 04:38 AM
Is it easy to cashout through paypal? Is it possible if you live in Europe? How do you others living in Europe do it? Check or paypal? I dont really know how this works, I appreciate any information you can give me.

02-01-2002, 05:57 AM
Stick with checks. They tell you it's "free" but if you live overseas they screw you with the exchange rate...

02-01-2002, 08:31 AM
You have experience with it?

I've just set up an account myself and I live in the Netherlands, but I find it hard to figure out what exactly I have to pay for fees. You have the exchange rate (always 2,6% or has it also a max?), and do you also have to pay a transfer fee (has it $5 limit)? Does the bank also charge you?

Can anyone answer me how much I have to pay if I cash out $1000 from Paradise and I want that on my dutch account.

Thanks

Regards

02-01-2002, 10:34 AM
I cashed out on ub to my paypal account and from there directly to my german bank account. The entire process took some time (about 10 days) but i was satisfied to avoid the large sum german banks take to cash in an US check.

So i can recommend paypal - they take $ 1.50 for the cash out and that is less than the fee mentioned above :-)

02-01-2002, 02:13 PM
I have cashed out a few times from Paradise, and once each from UB and CCC, all using cheques. In my UK bank (Barclays, which I recommend for such matters), you have the money in your account the day after you present the cheque, and you generally pay around £10 in commission (curiously, this seems to be much the same when I cashed $540 as when I cashed $1,400.)

What I intend to do to test paypal is to cash out $1K this month from my acc to paypal, and then from paypal to my bank, and $1K using a cheque. I will then see which is quicker and incurs less fees. Of course, the downside is that I will have to pay double the charges, but I am prepared to live with this in order to find out which method to use in the future.