PDA

View Full Version : Aces vs. flush board

William Jockusch
01-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds

Nightwish
01-11-2005, 03:19 AM
What was your intent when check-calling the flop? Were you hoping to check-raise the turn? What if no one bets the turn?

In my opinion, check-calling the flop was your worst option (OK, folding would be even worse). A bet here would be fine if you think you will get raised so that you can 3-bet. I wouldn't risk checking unless you're pretty sure someone will bet.

No, you won't get a big club to fold. But you have the best hand right now, so you should at least make them pay through the nose for drawing out on you.

Once that fourth club comes, you're likely dead.

William Jockusch
01-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Thanks for your response Nightwish.

My feeling on the flop was that I was ahead, but my advantage was not that large because with two cards to come, there was a strong chance a fourth club would arrive.

I was trying to set up a check raise on the turn, unless a fourth club came.

DeeJ
01-11-2005, 07:51 AM
You gotta bet the flop here. You may get gutshots to fold fearing the flush. There may be no clubs out there.

Also, if there is a raise against 3 other players you may get to detect the likely made flush or 4-flush early.

Since MP3 is acting last on the turn, his bet means less than normal. He probably has a flush, but maybe you are good 10% of the time if he's a known pot-stealer?