PDA

View Full Version : Tricky hand...what's your line?

elnino12
01-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Pokerstars NLHE $1/2 blinds 200 Max

Hero in CO ($230)
Villian in MP3 ($340)

Hero dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in CO

PREFLOP: folds around to Villian who raises to $6, Hero calls

FLOP ($15): 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian checks, Hero bets $10, Villian calls

TURN ($35): 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villian bets $6, Hero raises to $16, Villian calls

RIVER ($77): 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villian bets $48, Hero calls

Ok...what's good, what's bad? What should I do differently? Rip it up /images/graemlins/cool.gif

amoeba
01-10-2005, 08:13 PM
why no reraise preflop?

why the raise on the turn? he check called your flop bet but then underbet the turn? seems more like a disguise move for a monster rather than betting for info.

and I fold to that river bet.you might have been able to call it if you didn't inflate the turn with that raise.

elnino12
01-10-2005, 08:21 PM
I didn't raise preflop because I had position and I wanted to disguise my hand, and I hoped he had a smaller pair. My raise on the turn wasn't that significant and it was done to gain info about his hand. I figured he would come over the top with a boat or quads here. The river bet seemed a little suspicious, and I told myself to fold, but called anyway.

phrosty
01-10-2005, 08:28 PM
I hate the call preflop. You've got to reraise to have any idea how to proceed from there. The villain could have anything from SSC's to a small pair (hope it wasn't quads)
His line looks alot like the way I'd play it if I had the boat-hope it worked out for you

DoubleDown
01-10-2005, 08:46 PM
i can see how sometimes just calling the PFR w. KK preflop is good to disguise. esp since both players are fairly deep-stacked. only thing i might worry about is $6 not being enough to thin the field of suited-connectors, suited Aces, and such. but thats dependant on your table-read, i guess

the villain's turn bet is the real sneaky part of this hand. i think previous knowledge is key here.
-have you seen him take this line before in essence begging for a re-raise
-or has he done this before while on some sort of draw (although 68 & 46 are highly unlikely holdings)

IMHO i think villain may have been trying to make a feeble attempt at a blocking bet on the turn and the river. His river block was a good one ... but the turn bet, if indeed a blocker, was very weak. I would have raised his $6 to something like $30-$40. Had he come back over the top, I would have mucked. Had he called, I would have shut down ... checking behind a river check from him, or folding to a solid bet from him on the river.