PDA

View Full Version : Is this a clear raise preflop and a clear river bet?

Buckshot
01-10-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm in the CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif and limp behind 2 limpers (UTG and MP). No info on UTG and the MP is very loose. The button folds, the SB completes and the BB checks. I have no info on the BB.

FLOP: T/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

The SB leads, BB folds, only one of the limpers call and I raise. Both of them call.

TURN: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, limper calls, I raise and both call.

RIVER: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

They check.

~stephen

TStoneMBD
01-10-2005, 07:53 PM
it would be nice to know which limper called, because if he is very loose than he is probably just chasing with garbage and you need not fear a flush. at first glance i thought sb couldnt have the flush after leading the turn, but it came to mind that i have played flush draws like this after a 4card straight comes on the turn taking down the pot quite frequently. all in all, value bet the river. your hand is good here far often than not. aside from that, i feel you should be raising this preflop against a loose limper and an unknown.

Nightwish
01-11-2005, 03:31 AM
I think your hand is marginal at best. There's no point in betting the river, I just don't see anyone calling with a worse hand unless they're both retarded.

The turn is definitely a raise or fold decision, but I'd be leaning towards folding instead of raising.

TStoneMBD
01-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Errrr. Sorry I thought he had a straight to the king. I agree with Nightwishes reply entirely.

Buckshot
01-11-2005, 09:08 PM
I F'd this post all up. The flop was supposed to be the J/images/graemlins/club.gif not the T/images/graemlins/club.gif

Anyway, thanks to everyone who read and aptly ignored this post.

~stephen

Barry
01-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Now that you've fixed the board, I'm surprised that you didn't raise PF. You have a good hand behind 2 limpers and might get to buy the button with a raise here.

If the remaining limper is the loose MP and he's not particuarly tricky, I'd bet. SB at best has a naked T and thought that you were raising the flop for a free card. I think that you get paid off here more than you get checkraised.

And congrats on the new addition, everybody looks great!