PDA

View Full Version : Fun story from a home game this weekend

Bigwig
01-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Not a lot of real content. Just something I wanted to share.

8 players, $40 buy-in, start at t1000.

I continued my long standing tradition at this game by starting off as the BB. It's become a joke amongst everyone. I always draw that seat.

Anyway, this guy we'll call J was new to the game. J wasn't bad necessarily (by this home game standard), but he is far worse than he believes himself to be. He mini-raised preflop constantly. Often bluffed at pots, only to show his 72o (did this to me when I was in the BB) and cackle about his brilliance. He did, however, trap a couple of players who were convinced he was always full of it, and built a nice early chip lead.

I was playing my usual tight game, and had only won one hand with pocket A's when this one came up:

Blinds 20/40, all 8 still remain. Relevant stacks as follows:

Hero BB (t900) J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG+1 (t600)
MP1 (Villain) (t2000)

UTG+1 limps
Villain raises to 80
All fold to Hero who calls 40
UTG+1 calls 40

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks
UTG+1 checks
Villain bets 40
Hero calls 40
UTG+1 folds

Turn: 3:hearts:

Hero checks
Villain bets 40
Hero calls 40

River: Q:clubs:

Hero bets 300
Villain calls 300

He turns over A9o and proceeds to go nuts. Can't believe I called his A with JTs! Can't believe I called his flop and turn bets! Yada yada. Up until this point, I looked at J as colorful. Now I thought he was a jerk.

This brings us to hand 2:

Blinds 50/100, 5 players remain

Hero BB (t2000) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB (t1000)
Villain--J again, CO (t1500)

Villain raises to 200
Button folds
SB calls 150
Hero calls 100

Flop 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets 100
Hero calls 100
Villain calls 100

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks
Hero checks
Villain bets 200
SB folds
Hero calls 200

River: K/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero moves all-in
Villain immediatly calls and starts whooping it up. "I've got the nuts! I've got the nuts!" Throws his cards out onto the table.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone want to guess what the poor moron had?

BTW, this is the most satisfying live bust out I've ever laid on someone.

Scuba Chuck
01-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh, I'll give it a go.

AQ straight?

Scuba Chuck
01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
In retrospect, that's probably too strong. I'll go with two pair, Kings and 7s.

Bigwig
01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
No. I'll give a hint: He was smart enough to know what the paired board means.

TxDozerMan
01-10-2005, 06:38 PM
KK, but I would say he is not very smart if he doesn't know that a paird board boat loses to 4 of a kind. I wish I could of seen his face when you dumped those sevens.

bigredlemon
01-10-2005, 06:38 PM
KK?

Bigwig
01-10-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
KK, but I would say he is not very smart if he doesn't know that a paird board boat loses to 4 of a kind. I wish I could of seen his face when you dumped those sevens.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it.

I sort of just watched him for a second. He was truly happy. I'm sure he was still ticked at the earlier hand. I said to him, "Actually, I have the nuts." He was NOT happy.

Also, he had a bet on the Chargers. Heh.

TxDozerMan
01-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Oh my Gosh, please say he did not turn over 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, please please no.

Cael_Sanderson
01-10-2005, 06:43 PM
First off, how dare you call his flop and turn min. bets when you were the statistical favorite over his TPTK. Amateur! Has to be pocket tens right? He flopped the full boat and refused to notice it never was the MORTAL nuts.