PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 live QQ

mythrilfox
01-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Played this hand a week or so ago.

1/2 blinds NL. It was getting late and tables merged, so villain is unknown at this point. I have just under $100, Villain has me covered.

UTG folds, I raise to $8 UTG+1 with queens. Folds to SB. SB calls, BB calls.

Flop 7 5 3. Pot = $24, BB bets out $12. I call. I didn't want to play too big of a pot with an unknown at this point.

Turn A. all cards rainbow. Villain is visibly distressed by this card. He checks. I know if I bet he'll fold. I put him either on something like K7 or a mid pp (TT-88). If I check, I might get some bluff equity on the river from him ... or if he checks river as well I can bet and he'll be more likely to call with a wider range of hands. So I check.

River = 4. He bets $15. I think and think and call.

Comments? My main question is about the turn check. Or possibly if anyone raises against an unknown on the flop here.

Benal
01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is visibly distressed by this card

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the pot!!

DoubleDown
01-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Flop: I'd raise (to ~$40-$45) -- if only to find out where I stand, and take control of the hand.

Turn: If Villain leads out strong on the turn after calling my flop raise, I consider folding (as I am lacking a good read). If checked to, I bet strong (all-in w/ remaining ~$50) in order to charge hands like 6/7, 88-TT, or take the pot down right there.

"I check, I might get some bluff equity on the river from him" --- you're also allowing him to improve his hand for free ... not sure if this is the proper line to take in the long run.