PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse vs Notre Dame tonight

Hack
01-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Cuse by 14. Solid.

Big East is the 2nd best conference this year, behind the ACC.

When we get Louisville, Marquette and Cincy in 2005-2006, it WILL be the best conference, bar none.

Cuse could go all...the...way.

mmbt0ne
01-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Sports Betting forum?

Hack
01-10-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm not posting a line. That's not the spread.

I was just prognosticating.

Uston
01-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Well, the Big East will have the best team in the nation next season, assuming neither of UConn's two future lottery picks leave early. That should make up for Pitt's slide back to mediocrity.

IggyWH
01-10-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That should make up for Pitt's slide back to mediocrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because we had a couple bad games in the middle of the season doesn't mean we're sliding back to mediocrity. It doesn't matter what you do in the middle of the season, it matters at the end (see UCONN when we beat them in the middle of the season last year and Syracuse when we beat them in the middle of the season 2 years ago).

I do think Pitt is in some trouble right now because they don't have a powerful offense and don't have the defense that they've had in the past that supported that decent offense. They have plenty of time to fix things though.

I'm cheering for Syracuse to win the game even though I don't care for either team. I can't stand Chris Thomas though.

Uston
01-10-2005, 09:03 PM
I wasn't basing that assertion on Pitt's poor play over the past week (although I do feel that Pitt fans seemed to be overrating their chances this year; replacing guys like Jaron Brown and Julius Page is really difficult). I just think they're going to be in a tough spot next year losing Taft, Troutman, and maybe even Krauser.

IggyWH
01-10-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't basing that assertion on Pitt's poor play over the past week (although I do feel that Pitt fans seemed to be overrating their chances this year; replacing guys like Jaron Brown and Julius Page is really difficult). I just think they're going to be in a tough spot next year losing Taft, Troutman, and maybe even Krauser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got you. There is no replacing Jaron & JP's defense. Well of course Chev is going to be gone next year and I expect CK to leave (even though I don't expect much of him in the NBA) but I got to think Taft will be back.

Don't know how often you get to watch Pitt, but the kid has no moves. His only move is a post-up, left dropstep, spin right and shoot with a left baby-hook. He needs another year of play and in the weight room if he wants to have an NBA career.

Pittsburgh media is stupid though and are blowing him like they blew Mark Blount a couple years back.