PDA

View Full Version : "the bad table"

soko
01-10-2005, 04:49 PM
My standard session is 4 tabling at .5/1 on PP, I notice pretty much every day I will be crushing on 3/4 tables then there is always one table where I get whooped, today I am up 30, 10 and 5 and down 20 on the last table. It like this almost every time, anyone else notice this trend in their tables?

Benman
01-10-2005, 05:05 PM
It's just standard variance. Look at each table like an individual session. You don't think you can win all your poker sessions, do you?

rdavey
01-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Also, you should find out if you in fact lower your EV by playing 4 tables at once. Don't think that your EV stays the same each time you add a table. It goes down with each and may in fact become negative with too many tables open.

soko
01-10-2005, 05:32 PM
4 tabling is +EV for me, not that this is the only reason but I am at 9BB/100 over 9K hands so far. even if I am not a 9BB player I am at least playing as well as I should for my level of experience. It probally is just standard deviation but I just thought that it was strange that it is usually only one out of 4 tables.

K C
01-10-2005, 05:36 PM
If you can be up 3 out of 4 that's a good thing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now, this might seem weird, but it tends to work. Play the 4, then kill the cold table and stick to the other 3, or open another 4th. You will like this I believe /images/graemlins/smile.gif I've found patterns like this myself and this helped. This goes beyond superstition though or funky sims, although the sim there is a little on the funky side anyway (we won't go there though lol)

KC
http://kingcobrapoker.com

soko
01-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah I usually drop the losing table but I try hardest to play and not pay attention to how up or down I am at each table that I dont realize how low I am until I am almost busted.

shadow29
01-10-2005, 05:43 PM
I'll sell you my pattern mapper for only 29.95 (payable through neteller, or pokersite transfer).

<a href="http://www.cardplayer.com" target="_blank">Click here for the pattern mapper and all your expert poker learning needs</a>

Rudbaeck
01-10-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, you should find out if you in fact lower your EV by playing 4 tables at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might very likely lower WR, but in all likelihood you'll increase hourly rate. (What Expected Value has to do with either is a bit unclear.)

Picking Nits Online since 1993.

soko
01-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Well if my hourly rate is going up that is +EV, who cares about the winrate, if I can make 20 dollars an hour 4 tabling thats more EV than 10 dollars an hour playing one table even if my winrate is cut in half. Not that this is my situation because I feel I play just as good if not better 4 tabling than single tabling.

The Truth
01-11-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not that this is my situation because I feel I play just as good if not better 4 tabling than single tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very interesting statement. I know players who actually increase their bb per 100 by going from 1 table to 4 tables.
I think it has to do with their ability to play tighter when 4 tabling where they would get board playing only 1 table and play bad hands.
Helps those with a lack of dicipline.

mosquito
01-11-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not that this is my situation because I feel I play just as good if not better 4 tabling than single tabling.

I think it has to do with their ability to play tighter when 4 tabling where they would get board playing only 1 table and play bad hands.
Helps those with a lack of dicipline.

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING DING

Give this man the revelation prize!

What we have here is an important concept, that
by multi-tabling we can cut down the 'ennui factor'
and not play hands that should not be played.

For people susceptible to this problem, the multi
table action is a cure to one of the major causes
of tilt.

Nice post.