PDA

View Full Version : Middle Pair Out of Position

JackedUp
01-10-2005, 04:15 PM
.10/.25 NLHE. I get AT suited hearts in the big blind. Everyone folds to a person in middle position who raises to .50. Button calls the .50 and I throw in the extra .25.

The flop is JT3 rainbow, but with one heart. I checked. MP bets .50. Button folds. The pot is at $2.10.

I have him covered by about a 2-1 margin, but I've only been at the table for less than two orbits and I don't have a lot of info on him yet.

Call, fold, or raise here with middle pair and three to the nut flush?

kurto
01-10-2005, 05:15 PM
You could obviously check it to the river. But if you wanted to know if you had a chance, I think you either had to bet it on the flop or checkraise his bet. For most players, this move would shut them out if they had less then top pair. If he plays back, the worst he would have is TPTK.

That's my 2 cents. For me, with most players, I would either do as above or call his bets. See the turn and see how it affects his betting. (for example, if he doesn't bet the turn, he could be on the draw or has less then TP unless he's being tricky.)

Make a bet on the turn... a lot of times you'll take the pot (if they had less then Top Pair.)

I think one of the most important things to know about a player is will they consistantly bet the pot after missing the flop with just overcards. And bet first, not second.