PDA

View Full Version : Hellmuth mucked KK

RedeemerKing
01-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Anyone remember when hellmuth mucked KK against one guy with 3 unpaired, unsuited, not really connected undercards on the flop. He said "this was the hand i was supposed to go bust, right ESPN" Does anyone know what the other guy had? Why hellmuth felt his KK was beat?

RedeemerKing
01-10-2005, 03:41 PM
This wasnt at a TV table

augie00
01-10-2005, 03:41 PM
The other guy had AT, for top pair, ace kicker.

SossMan
01-10-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why hellmuth felt his KK was beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he had one pair.

rdavey
01-10-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why hellmuth felt his KK was beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a character flaw lately. If he's in a hand, he feels he must be beat or just about to be.

dabluebery
01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
I think we're mixing up our Hellmuth stories. I seem to recall this hand, from a 2004 WSOP broadcast. (Not the main event)

Hellmuth has TT, and gets involved with someone who's got AK. There's preflop raising, not sure who finished the action. The flop comes Kxx, the guy makes a bet, and Hellmuth folds, saying "I didn't like the way you (raised / bet)" [not sure of actual verbage]. Then he asks where the ESPN camera is, and looks in the lens, saying "This is the hand I was supposed to bust out on" as he folds.

How far off am I?

Rob

etizzle
01-10-2005, 03:53 PM
maybe he said the same thing twice, but the poster is talking about a 2004 hand where talks about how he has 'only folded this hand 3 times' or some garbage, and he has KK on a low flop. The hand was against the asian guy who was wearing all red (and i think a NYG hat).

RedeemerKing
01-10-2005, 03:53 PM
I think there are 2 stories. But I know the one I told happened, I just dont know what the other guy had

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a character flaw lately. If he's in a hand, he feels he must be beat or just about to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the flaw gets worse every time I see him. He must be on the juice the way his balls are shriveling.

rdavey
01-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Hellmuth folded a KK. He apologized for taking so long and said he'd only folded this twice in his life.

His TT, I'm pretty sure, is where he looked for the ESPN camera and announced that this was the hand he was supposed to get knocked out with. IIRC, he was right to lay down the TT. It's just the arrogance he did it with that was so funny.

gummy d
01-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Phil seems to think that everyone is out to get HIM and only HIM. Seems to me he imagines every situation as a conspiracy that reaches to the highest levels of the poker world ( /images/graemlins/confused.gif) and beyond. Poker, especially tournament poker, is a game of luck and then a game of skill. You can be super skilled and lose and lose and lose. He needs a little more gamble in him and some balls. You have to be willing to die to win and Phil seems just too terrified of death.
my two cents
gummy d

mr pink
01-11-2005, 01:47 AM
maybe if hellmuth wasnt such a dick...