PDA

View Full Version : Final Table of a $20 MTT, all-in with KQ?

kurosh
01-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Blinds are 100/200. $20 buy-in. Down to 7 from 40. Most people at the table have between 1500 and 3000. Chip leader has 8000. He just busted two people in the last hand. He had been playing really aggressively. I have 2000.

Chip leader is in CO. Folded around to him. He raises to 600. Blinds both have around 1500 after posting. I have KQo. I reraise all-in.

DonButtons
01-10-2005, 01:39 PM
KQ aint the hand to make a move on the chip leader, its such a dominated hand.

I rather wait to make a move vs. the other avg stacks.

schwza
01-10-2005, 01:39 PM
i like it. the push is small enough that he will call with hands that don't dominate you (A9, maybe KT), and it's pretty likely he won't call.

kurosh
01-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Oh I probably should've mentioned it's a satellite. Top 3 move on.

hardinda
01-10-2005, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't move against the chip leader. I'd make that move against any other avg stack, but not the chip leader.

schwza
01-10-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't move against the chip leader. I'd make that move against any other avg stack, but not the chip leader.

[/ QUOTE ]

think about the times when you're the chip leader. you're stealing like crazy, but when a short stack moves in, you throw your 68 (or whatever) away. at least, that's what i would ahve thought in a normal tourney.

however, given it's a satellite, i'd muck. you'll get your chances to steal, or you'll get a better chance to resteal against the big steal. not moving in here also gives one of the blinds a chance to move in and maybe get broke.

kurosh
01-10-2005, 04:10 PM
He called with A3s and I lose /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Potowame
01-10-2005, 04:20 PM
thats why the majority of the board hates KQ...

schwza
01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he had called with AQ, that would be why the board hates KQ.

Potowame
01-10-2005, 05:47 PM
I agree the most cases the reason the hand is bad is because you are very likly Dominated to AK AQ on most cases. But when you cant get them to fold any A you are still behind, but have live 6 outs to win. Either way its not a good position to be in, Dominated or looking for 6 outs to win. You are rarely ahead if called, thats why I hate KQ IMHO.

betgo
01-10-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
KQ is dominated by AK, AQ, AA, KK, and QQ. A loose big stack raising from late position is unlikely to have any of those. KQ is likely to be a slight dog as in this case, or the favorite to a a lot of hands from a loose late position raiser.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The chip leader is more likely to have a weak hand. Once you move in, there is no way he can bully you.

Blackjack
01-10-2005, 06:43 PM
If the chipleader has shown himself to be loose and reckless, there's no way he's going to throw away any pretty hand or ugly hand with An Ace. He's already put 600 in chips in there +300 from the blinds.

If he wins this hand, he has pretty much secured his way into the satellite.

I don't like the all in either for this reason alone... KQo is a nice ring game hand in late position but not for an all-in.

I'm not being result oriented but ya know... It happens to the best of us.

Blackjack
- Hit that Hard 16

kurosh
01-10-2005, 07:03 PM
This was my line of thought:

He's in late position. He's chip leader. His raising standards are not very high. Hell if I was in his position, I'd be raising with any two. I'm most likely ahead. I don't have enough chips to call and see a flop to let him bully me around. The blinds might call as well and that would be a disaster. I DO have enough chips to have decent folding equity. If he does call, I'm most likely ahead and if not, I have 6 live outs. If he managed to pick up a big hand then that's poker and I got unlucky. If he calls and I win, I have a great chance for a spot in the top 3. If he folds, I've picked up 900 chips. Like some other guy said, I'm only afraid of AA KK QQ AK AQ. I think I made the right move most of the time but I should've had a better read to see the chip leader was reckless and made a terrible call.

Blackjack
01-10-2005, 07:12 PM
A lot of the time... People with Tons of chips that early on in SNGs and small MTTs are playing incorrectly and getting lucky. Solid play doesn't allow you to collect that many chips incredibly quickly unless you're gambling in a lot of pots.

Blackjack