PDA

View Full Version : The Jets will Take the Underdog Roll

Vinny Testaverde
01-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Gonna be a better game then anyone expects on Saturday.

Godspeed Jets.

lu_hawk
01-10-2005, 12:51 PM
POTD.

Joe_d72
01-10-2005, 12:55 PM
There gonna be calling him big game Chad after this week.

sfer
01-10-2005, 01:03 PM
No kidding. Crappy teams are always underdogs.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No kidding. Crappy teams are always underdogs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. It's kinda why they're underdogs.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There gonna be calling him big game Chad after this week.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like his current nick better...no-arm Chad. I think he should stick with it, even if they win.

IndieMatty
01-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Shut your word hole.

IggyWH
01-10-2005, 01:09 PM
I guess the Jets bandwagon is fired up now. Funny how you'd never see a Jets fan when they were losing all those games at the end of the year and now that they beat an over-rated SD team people think the Jets are awesome.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Every year there is a team that catches lightning in a bottle. Not sure who it is yet but I cant see the Jets beat the Steelers at home.

IndieMatty
01-10-2005, 01:13 PM
That's just a really idiotic statement. I post about the Jets all the time. We have no faith in our team..but there is no such thing as a Jets bandwagon. Being a Jet fan is torture.

IndieMatty
01-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Both teams were 6-10 last year. Both teams have improved..Steelers much more so. But the Jets played them close at home with a banged up Chad Pennington and no Abraham. (Moss was injured too) If the Jets can get JA back for this game, and Chad plays like he did the other night...one would have to give the Jets at least a 20% chance of winning.

Bluffoon
01-10-2005, 01:16 PM
I like the Jets but the Jets lose big.

Unless they can get Dewayne Robertson to jump off sides every other play.

BottlesOf
01-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Maybe if you looked out of oot, you'd see them.

BottlesOf
01-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Kinda like last time when they were DESTROYED 17-6, I mean holy [censored], how can they even walk in that stadium again?

This isn't really directed at you, but more the haters out there.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you looked out of oot, you'd see them.

[/ QUOTE ]
But why?

BottlesOf
01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Why what?

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone even look out of oot? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BottlesOf
01-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I dunn-.....boobies........

IndieMatty
01-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I realized that he is just using sports rivalry cliches. It's sad really.

Rick Diesel
01-10-2005, 02:02 PM
n/m

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I realized that he is just using sports rivalry cliches. It's sad really.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who? What?

IndieMatty
01-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Not you.

Iggy.

The bandwagon statement was just idiotic, and then I realized he's just trying to stir the pot.

No Jet fan is going out there saying we rule the AFC. But to say the Jets have no chance is a bit silly too.

lu_hawk
01-10-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kinda like last time when they were DESTROYED 17-6, I mean holy [censored], how can they even walk in that stadium again?

This isn't really directed at you, but more the haters out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah destroyed 17-6 on a day when Pennington threw 3 INT's.

IndieMatty
01-10-2005, 02:14 PM
And the Jets first half of -100 in penalty yards. But whatever, Jet's will be crushed, the Steelers are 85 Bears reincarnate.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the Steelers are 85 Bears reincarnate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who's the fridge?

Shajen
01-10-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And the Jets first half of -100 in penalty yards. But whatever, Jet's will be crushed, the Steelers are 85 Bears reincarnate.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a long time (long time SUFFERING) Bears fan, note that there will NEVER be a team as good as them.

(I'm not really joking either)

But I will say this, I hope to God someone goes a perfect 16-0 sometime in the near future, so ESPN will stop showing the [censored] '72 dolphins. COME ON! They played 12 games. WHATEVER.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I will say this, I hope to God someone goes a perfect 16-0 sometime in the near future, so ESPN will stop showing the [censored] '72 dolphins. COME ON! They played 12 games. WHATEVER.

[/ QUOTE ]
...and thereby moved Bob Griese forever to the top of the all-time overrated players list.

IggyWH
01-10-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not you.

Iggy.

The bandwagon statement was just idiotic, and then I realized he's just trying to stir the pot.

No Jet fan is going out there saying we rule the AFC. But to say the Jets have no chance is a bit silly too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What NY fan of any sport doesn't think they rule the world /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do respect the Jets and do think they have a chance to win. I don't think they will but it's possible.

Pennington will have to show up though and not be a candy-arm. Steelers will shut down Martin and make Chad beat them.

I love Curtis Martin (from Pittsburgh and a Pitt grad) and would love to see him win a ring but I don't think it'll happen this year.

IggyWH
01-10-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this was sarcastic but people have the idea that the Steelers have a great defense. This is simply not true!

Steelers defense is average at best. They stop the run and make you win with the passing game (which our secondary blows). We all know though in the NFL if you can't run the ball then your chances of winning go down greatly.

Steelers best defenseive weapon though is their offense. It's back to the old "grind it out" style where they have drives that last 15+ plays and 8+ minutes. The best defensive scheme is usually the one that gets to sit down the most.

IggyWH
01-10-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But the Jets played them close at home with a banged up Chad Pennington and no Abraham. (Moss was injured too) If the Jets can get JA back for this game, and Chad plays like he did the other night...one would have to give the Jets at least a 20% chance of winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

In defense to injuries...

Steelers didn't have Plax playing which it's easy to shut down the Ward without Plax. They are pretty much exact opposite receivers and feed off of each other. No Plax means no deep threat which means more people you're able to bring up to stop the run.

Duce Staley was just coming back (and wasn't near 100%) and had a bad game. He'll be 100% for the game even though Bettis will probably start. The Steelers will have a lot better of a backup at RB which is huge since fatass Bettis can't do it for 60 minutes.

Also, Kendrell Bell, probably the best Steelers LB will be ready to play. Not only is he a great run stopper, he's a great blitzer (which Steelers I believe had no sacks last meeting).

My point of all this : The injury situation is a wash since both teams had key injuries.

lu_hawk
01-10-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
one would have to give the Jets at least a 20% chance of winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, tradesports is giving them a 21% chance so it is even better than you think.

lastchance
01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
The Jets are carbon copies of the Steelers, decent QB, run-stopping defense, tough running attack..

But the Steelers have pushed around almost every team they have played, and when they haven't, they've made clutch plays at the end.

Jets have about a 30% chance of winning.

sublime
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
actually SD was underrated, judging by thier ATS record.