PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss

Joe_d72
01-10-2005, 12:28 PM
He has to be the hardest guy to guard in the NFL. He may do stupid things but any of the teams that lost yesterday would love to have him. SD, GB or SEA would have won this weekend if they had Randy.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
love to have him

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure. Why dont you ask his teammates.

Toro
01-10-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has to be the hardest guy to guard in the NFL. He may do stupid things but any of the teams that lost yesterday would love to have him. SD, GB or SEA would have won this weekend if they had Randy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talented, yes, but you can't win it all with a guy like this. Btw, I wasn't nearly offended by his mooning as the announcers were. I thought not showing a replay was unnecessary. Since the Janet Jackson costume malfunction we're moving closer to censorship.

namknils
01-10-2005, 12:46 PM
His mooning? I saw a reply on the morning news of his touchdown celabration and I jsut thought who cares? Why are they even showing this, it's stupid? But he only pretended to take his pants down. Did he actually moon the crowd at one point or something?

PS, Randy Moss is an ass and I wouldn't want him on the my team.

Joe_d72
01-10-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure his teammates are happy there are playing next week and they would not have a chance of winning a playoff game without him. They would not even be a playoff team without him.

Toro
01-10-2005, 12:53 PM
No, it was a fake moon, he didn't pull his pants down, so why they were acting like he was some sort of Level 1 sex offender was perplexing.

B00T
01-10-2005, 12:56 PM
I dont think he was actually mooning them. I think his intention was that he was pulling down his pants and taking a dump on the Green Bay field, and then wiping his ass on the goalpost.

That was his intention but the typical media just assumed it was him "mooning" them.

namknils
01-10-2005, 01:03 PM
I hate the media

Edge34
01-10-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
love to have him

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody in Minnesota is glad he's on the field for US and not some other team. This much I know.

Edge34
01-10-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even Randy can't help the Bears. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Shajen
01-10-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH.

Boris
01-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Joe Buck is a friggin moron. He drove me crazy during the baseball playoffs. Now I have to listen to his sanctimonious bullsht during football playoffs? His job is to describe the action on the field. I can decide for myself where Moss lands on the jerk-o-meter.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He might if they had a QB that could hit him. When's whathisname back?

Boris
01-10-2005, 01:23 PM
His team mates probably love him. Moss is a producer and all teams like a producer.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
His team mates probably love him. Moss is a producer and all teams like a producer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Too bad he's hurt so much though. They have to put up with a full-time jerk but only get a part-tim receiver.

MarkL444
01-10-2005, 01:26 PM
moss is da bomb, ya heard?

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Too bad he's hurt so much though. They have to put up with a full-time jerk but only get a part-tim receiver.

[/ QUOTE ]this year only though. Didn't Moss have a really long streak of starting games, which was ended this year?

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Moss have a really long streak of starting games, which was ended this year?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, he started them, but wasn't he actually hurt for quite a few and hobbling around at <50%. Amazing he still put up the numbers he did though.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Moss have a really long streak of starting games, which was ended this year?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, he started them, but wasn't he actually hurt for quite a few and hobbling around at <50%. Amazing he still put up the numbers he did though.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, I think Randy has earned the respect of his teammates. I am sure he doesn't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks of him though.

benfranklin
01-10-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moss is a producer when the spirit moves him. He is what Thomas Paine was describing as the "summer soldier and the sunshine patriot". If the Vikes are winning and Moss is catching passes and scoring, he is the big team cheerleader, all pumped up and jumping around on the sidelines.

If the Vikes are behind, and more particularly, if they aren't throwing to Randy was much as he thinks they should, he acts like a spoiled little brat, sulking and pouting on the bench, and not running his patterns like he should.

Randy, in his own words, is a star. But it's still a team sport, and Randy is not a team player. He made that clear in his Fox interview with Jimmy Johnson
Moss (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3309238)

[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy: "But some people think you are selfish."

Moss: "I think in order to be a star in any league you have to have some type of selfishness about you."

Jimmy: "What were you thinking about when you walked off the field last week? I know there was one shot in a million, but you did have one shot in a million."

Moss: "That is where the frustration part set in. For the second year in a row we controlled our own destiny and we failed."

Jimmy: "Were you thinking at that time that you were out of the playoffs?"

Moss: "At that time I really didn't care."

Jimmy: "I have talked to a bunch of players and know how they feel. Do you know that they are depending on you?"

Moss: "That is something that I have been dealing with all of my life. They are not the only ones. I have family and children who also depend on me so I know what I am doing."

Jimmy: "Do you wish that you hadn't walked off (the sideline)?"

Moss: "I don't even think about it."

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think Randy has earned the respect of his teammates. I am sure he doesn't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks of him though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think most of his teammates can't stand him (from what I've heard), but they respect what he can do. And he genuinely doesn't seem to care what anyone, including his teammates thinks. He's an amazing athlete. Maybe the best ever at his position. Even injured he makes fools of coverage. I wish we'd seen a Moss/Sanders match-up with both in their prime.

Boris
01-10-2005, 01:50 PM
I don't see anything in that interview that is any different, thinking wise, than any other all-star caliber professional athlete.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He made that clear in his Fox interview with Jimmy Johnson

[/ QUOTE ] I don't see how he made it clear.

In the brief interview you cited, he seems like a frustrated player. I can only imagine the disapointment they would have felt if they lost that game. Two years in a row they controlled their playoff chances and two years in a row they lose.

His attitude is IMO, pretty consistent with what most people would feel if they were in his shoes.

DemonDeac
01-10-2005, 01:54 PM
moss is a jerkoff who needs to be put in his place.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 01:57 PM
well, he def wins games for them, and thats all that matters in the NFL.

BTW. Go Nate Burleson!!!!
(he graduated a year before me in HS, overall nice guy too /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

benfranklin
01-10-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see anything in that interview that is any different, thinking wise, than any other all-star caliber professional athlete.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you limit your statement to wide receivers, I'll agree with you. There is no way you would hear a class player like Favre or Culpepper or McNabb say that kind of self-serving, it's-not-my-fault crap.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you limit your statement to wide receivers, I'll agree with you. There is no way you would hear a class player like Favre or Culpepper or McNabb say that kind of self-serving, it's-not-my-fault crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
QBs are supposed to be team leaders. They CAN'T take that attitude and be winners. Look at George.

Boris
01-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Where does Moss say the loss was not his fault?

wuwei
01-10-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
love to have him

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the best receiver in the NFL. I'm happy to have him on my team, even if he's a jackass.

Boris
01-10-2005, 02:26 PM
I'll bet that guy in your avatar jerks off quite a bit.

wuwei
01-10-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like his place is in the end zone, scoring touchdowns. At least, Al Harris seems to think so the way he played yesterday.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll bet that guy in your avatar jerks off quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
He doesn't have to. Our avatars are dating.

benfranklin
01-10-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Defenses don't frustrate me," Moss said. "My team is what frustrates me."

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Defenses don't frustrate me," Moss said. "My team is what frustrates me."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I checked he was on that team. I don't see him blaming anyone, again, this seems like normal frustration and disapointment.

benfranklin
01-10-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QBs are supposed to be team leaders. They CAN'T take that attitude and be winners. Look at George.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Randy is on the up cycle of his mood swings, he talks about the need for him to be a team leader. The players I mentioned are QBs, because they popped into my mind first. There are plenty of other team leaders, Ray Lewis for example, who would never say anything like Moss does.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 03:06 PM
I wasn't disagreeing with you, ben.

Slacker13
01-10-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Talented, yes, but you can't win it all with a guy like this. Btw, I wasn't nearly offended by his mooning as the announcers were. I thought not showing a replay was unnecessary. Since the Janet Jackson costume malfunction we're moving closer to censorship.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was born and raised in Wisky and am a die hard Packer fan and was not offended by it at all. I thought he was a fool long before this happened so it wasn't shocking or suprising.

Toro
01-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I really hate to defend Moss but I just heard Tony Dungy's comments about the GB fans who routinely moon opposing players after the game from the parking lot.

What goes around comes around, I guess.

thatpfunk
01-10-2005, 10:03 PM
How many Super Bowls have the Vikings won with Randy Moss? I'm just wondering, I forgot.

Moss plays when he wants, I don't want someone on my team who says that.

Riskwise
01-10-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go get harassed not only infront of not only infront of thousands of people, but by them, and see how you react when you shut them all up with an amazing TD. I'd have done the real thing if it only meant a fine and i was rolling in cash, NH randy...

[ QUOTE ]
I really hate to defend Moss but I just heard Tony Dungy's comments about the GB fans who routinely moon opposing players after the game from the parking lot.

[/ QUOTE ]