PDA

View Full Version : Pats & Colts

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Anyone have any idea how the Pats can win this? I know they're playing at home, and Manning has a bad history against them. But both their starting corners are out, and their secondary isn't that good. What are they gonna do? If anyone can find a way it's Coach B's Pats, but this will be pretty damn interesting.

Hack
01-10-2005, 10:17 AM
I remember watching the first game of the season between them. It was a hard fought one, but I definitely think the Colts will win this. Then the Colts will lose to the Steelers and the Steelers will beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

I like McNabb a lot from watching him here at SU, and I don't really care if Philly or Pitt wins it, but Pitt beat Philly earlier in the season(27 to 3) so I think the Steelers will take it down.

There is a slight chance that Atlanta can beat Philly but I doubt it.

So my guess is another ring for PGH.

Lazymeatball
01-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Colts are 0-8 in their last 8 games at Foxboro, and this goes back to when the Pats sucked. Pats own Manning. I predict Vanderjagt shanks another one.

edit: I'm slightly biased

istewart
01-10-2005, 10:22 AM
This game will be freaking amazing I think. I think if you're the Steelers, you're rooting for the Colts here. In a Patriots/Steelers AFC title game odds have to be with the Pats.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Colts are 0-8 in their last 8 games at Foxboro, and this goes back to when the Pats sucked. Pats own Manning. I predict Vanderjagt shanks another one. edit: I'm slightly biased

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yankees owned the Red Sox too. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hack
01-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Not really. The series for the past couple years is like 27-25 in favor of the Sox. It's pretty even.

Hack
01-10-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This game will be freaking amazing I think. I think if you're the Steelers, you're rooting for the Colts here. In a Patriots/Steelers AFC title game odds have to be with the Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why's that?

The game will be played at PGH. The Steelers were one of two teams to beat the Patriots this year, and they beat them handily, 34-20.

The PGH defense will crush Brady.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not really. The series for the past couple years is like 27-25 in favor of the Sox. It's pretty even.

[/ QUOTE ]
Irrelevant.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why's that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Intangibles go to the Pats. Rookie QB, big game experience, etc.

Hack
No it's not irrelevant. You brought it up.

The Yankees don't usually OWN the Sox when they play them. And I say this as a huge Yankee fan. 99% of the games the two teams play are hard-fought extra-inning battles that keep me up late into the night.

2planka
The Dolts worry me this time around mainly because of the Patriots' injuries and the ridiculous "illegal contact" rule. Receivers can push off but defenders can't jam.... that contributed to Manning's numbers.

I think the Pats' offense can hang with Indy in a shootout, and I think the NE defense is capable of making four stops.

My biased prediction is NE 38 IND 34.

Hack
Roethlisberger already beat them once this season.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No it's not irrelevant. You brought it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're talking about the playoffs. Regardless, the point is they only own them until they don't.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any idea how the Pats can win this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont have the answer but im sure Coach Belichick does.
Is there ever been a coach better than this guy drawing up a game plan and neutralizing a QB.

Lazymeatball
01-10-2005, 10:39 AM
I predict Pats 28-10 and Manning throws 2 INT's

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Roethlisberger already beat them once this season.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying they will or won't win. And I think the Colts have the edge so the Pats/Steelers probably won't even happen. But the earlier win wasn't the playoffs.

Hack
01-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Brady has to be the most overrated QB in the entire league. This year spells the end to the New England bullshit.

Toro
01-10-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any idea how the Pats can win this?[ QUOTE ]

Apparently, over one half of the "betting public thinks the Pats can win as Vegas got them as 2.5 point favorites.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently, over one half of the "betting public thinks the Pats can win as Vegas got them as 2.5 point favorites.

[/ QUOTE ]
Serious overlay.

Toro
01-10-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Serious overlay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get down on it heavy then. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

istewart
01-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Hack, Brady is indeed massively overrated all throughout New England, but in the playoffs he has yet to be matched. We'll see if Roethlisberger and co. are up to it.

One thing you forget is that the Patriots DID NOT HAVE DILLON when they played the Steelers.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brady has to be the most overrated QB in the entire league.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does the guy have to do?
All he has done is win 2 SB in 2 years(1 SB MVP).
I wouldnt call his receivers all-stars either.

Hack
01-10-2005, 10:48 AM
He's not a bad QB, but he is very overrated.

He is no McNabb or Peyton, that's for sure.

I'd much rather have one of those guys, or Roethlisberger, in a big game.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Imagine Indy's receivers with NE.
Manning would be average and Brady would be the one breaking records.

Hack
01-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Montana had great receivers too and he never put up Manning's numbers. Same with the 90s Cowboys teams and Aikman.

bosoxfan
01-10-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brady has to be the most overrated QB in the entire league.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overrated in a Joe Montana kind of way.

Toro
01-10-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brady has to be the most overrated QB in the entire league. This year spells the end to the New England bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Career QB ratings comparison

Brady 87.5
Manning 92.3

Not really much difference, is there? And these are for regular season, could not find the ones for playoffs which I would bet would be more favorable for Brady.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Playoffs is where it counts and Brady is a 'money' player.
Marino, Favre, Manning have all the records but they always come up empty in the playoffs.

Compare those 3 with Montana, Elway and Brady. The first 3 have all the records but these 3 have the rings.

Why is that?

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playoffs is where it counts and Brady is a 'money' player.
Marino, Favre, Manning have all the records but they always come up empty in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't Favre win a Superbowl? Not to mention getting there in back-to-back years. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hack
01-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Favre did. He's one of the greatest of all time.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 11:35 AM
I was trying remember if he did or not when typing my post.
I guess my argument went down the toilet. http://forum2.therx.com/images/smilies/bowl.gif

Hack
01-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Yes.

Do you see why?

JTrout
01-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Imagine Indy's receivers with NE. Manning would be average and Brady would be the one breaking records.

If your really think Manning would be average on any team, with any receivers, you haven't been paying attention!

Brady is very good, and I don't consider him to be overrated.

Peyton is the greatest qb in the league. And when he is done, he will be considered the greatest qb to ever play the game.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Alright, the 'average' remark was not accurate.
I will give you that, but the guy still has to win a SB to be considered one of the best.

Until he does...

UncleRemus
01-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Was listening to WEEI (Sports Radio) on my way for my morning coffee, and heard some interesting numbers. I'm going on memory here, so forgive me if somethings slightly off, but I believe this is pretty accurate...

In games with Law in the lineup this year, we have allowed 2.0 touchdowns per game in the air. In games without, we've averaged 2.1 TD's. Since Law was sidelined against the Steelers, only one team (Bengals) have thrown for 300 yards and 2 TD's. We have also averaged more INT's without law than with him. Also, in games without Law, opposing QB's have averaged a 76.3 QB rating. With Law in the lineup, opposing quarterbacks averaged a 77.1 rating.

With the rule changes this year, the loss of our star corners hasn't been as painful as it could have been/could be. It's the Seymour situation that really concerns me...

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Imagine Indy's receivers with NE. Manning would be average and Brady would be the one breaking records.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oversimplified. Much more to it than simply the QB and receivers. There's the offensive scheme. The line. The RB. The tight ends. Pretend this is on the MTT board and a noob says, "I had AK and lost." He's always instantly flooded with the standard "not enough info." posts.

kenberman
01-10-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Winning 2 Super Bowls in 3 years is bullshit. This kind of thinking is results oriented, and we should ignore it.

kenberman
01-10-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's annoying when anybody but Mason uses this phrase. Don't do it.

jstnrgrs
01-10-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does the guy have to do?
All he has done is win 2 SB in 2 years(1 SB MVP).
I wouldnt call his receivers all-stars either.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the record, Brady won 2 Super Bowl MVPs.

jstnrgrs
01-10-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're right. Winning 2 Super Bowls in 3 years is bullshit. This kind of thinking is results oriented, and we should ignore it.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, we should not even bother playing games. We should just have a few media memeber elect a champion. That way we peopes opinions wouldn't be scewed by things like which team wins.

This is not poker. Football is results oriented, and that's how it should be.

kenberman
01-10-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, we should not even bother playing games. We should just have a few media memeber elect a champion. That way we peopes opinions wouldn't be scewed by things like which team wins.

This is not poker. Football is results oriented, and that's how it should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

(I was being sarcastic) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hack
01-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes.

Do you see why?

PhatTBoll
01-10-2005, 03:00 PM
If the Pats can pull this game off, I will be forced to admit that Belichick is the best coach of this generation. Maybe ever. But I don't think he does.

As a Colts fan, this season has been an amazing experience. I remember Bill Simmons writing about the Pats the season after they won their first Superbowl. He said something along the lines of "it's great to finally be able to look forward to every game, knowing that we are going to kick some ass." The point was that the team and the organization had been through so much crap and naysaying, and now they were unstoppable. That's how I feel about the Colts this year.

Last year, before the AFC title game, I was terrified at how Peyton would perform, and it turned out that I was right to be scared. He sucked it up. For this year's game though, I know he will be great. He has gotten to the point where he no longer just makes himself look good, but makes the players around him perform like all-stars as well. He has a real "Michael Jordan in 1991" look about him right now.

But just like Jordan had the Pistons to get past, Manning has the Pats, and he will never be considered great until he beats them. This is the year.

kenberman
01-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Honestly Hack, not being able to respond to criticism in a logical, adult manner is a true sign of immaturity. It's easy to see why you've been in so many dust ups on 2+2.

I'm not trying to be mean, but trying to help you out. If you don't want help, then you shouldn't be posting.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Aikman won 2 super bowls in 3 years as well. In fact, he won 3 super bowls in 4 years.

And he sucks compared to the other quarterbacks that have been listed in this thread.

Your argument just went right out the window.

Do you see why?

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aikman won 2 super bowls in 3 years as well. In fact, he won 3 super bowls in 4 years.

And he sucks compared to the other quarterbacks that have been listed in this thread.

Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. He sucked. Winning Superbowls is no indication of a good QB.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. He sucked. Winning Superbowls is no indication of a good QB.

[/ QUOTE ] I would have to say Aikman had a pretty damn good career, especially considering running was almost always the first option when Emmit was in Dallas.

Aikman is in the top 50 for career TD's, top 20 for Passing yards, and 12th all time in completions.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:33 PM
That's funny because kenberman disagrees:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]he was being sarcastic to you [censored] idiot.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Wow top 50 in career TD's and top 20 in passing yards. That's very illustrious. Lmao. I think Bledsoe will be in both those categories by the time he retires if he is not already. Induct Bledsoe.

Yeah he'll get in the Hall, probably. But I'm just saying that winning Super Bowls does not make you a good quarterback.

Brady has a very good team around him. He is overrated. It's just a fact. There are 3 or 4 quarterbacks in the league better than him, yet everyone acts like he is the best quarterback because of his Super Bowl wins.

kenberman
01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post shows how un-knowledgable about the NFL you are.

McNabb is great, but has lost 3 straight NFC championships. "Big Games". Manning is great, but has YET to go to a Super Bowl. Roethlisberger has never even been to the playoffs, or even played in a truly big game. Are you aware of this?

Tom Brady has been Super Bowl MVP twice. They give that award to the player who is most valuable in the biggest game of the season. He's done that twice.

McNabb + Peyton + Roethlisbger = 0 Super Bowl MVP's.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow top 50 in career TD's and top 20 in passing yards. That's very illustrious. Lmao.

[/ QUOTE ] I would say thats pretty good.

[ QUOTE ]
But I'm just saying that winning Super Bowls does not make you a good quarterback.

[/ QUOTE ] I know.

[ QUOTE ]
Brady has a very good team around him. He is overrated. It's just a fact

[/ QUOTE ] yup.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:37 PM
No duh.

That's what I'm saying.

AND I am saying that I proved him wrong.

Man you are really slow.

I'll explain it to you.

Yes, Ken Berman was being sarcastic. He doesn't think Super Bowl rings are overvalued. He thinks that the quality of a quarterback can be determined by the number of SB rings that a quarterback possesses.

He's wrong.

Aikman is the case in point.

Could you bother to read a post through and comprehend it before you jump in?

kenberman
01-10-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being sarcastic, but you weren't smart enough to pick up on it.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:38 PM
So, Ken Berman.

I'll ask you this:

Troy Aikman must be one of the best quarterbacks of all time, yes? Because of his 3 rings in 4 years.

What you fail to understand is the difference between a QB like Peyton and a QB like Brady. If the Patriots did not have Brady they would still make the playoffs. The Colts without Peyton would not.

PEYTON MEANS EVERYTHING TO HIS TEAM.

BRADY MEANS VERY, VERY LITTLE.

Comprende?

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was being sarcastic, but you weren't smart enough to pick up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored] you were kidding. you aren't paying any attention. I realized that you were being sarcastic as soon as you posted your comments like an hour ago, and I noted it. So stop harping on that stupid point.

Ok, I couldn't manage to explain it to SC so he could understand it. I'll try it with you.

You obviously think that winning Super Bowls is what makes a quarterback great. I think that stats are much more important.

--
I understand you were being sarcastic. I was responding accordingly.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No duh.

That's what I'm saying.

[/ QUOTE ] um, no you didn't.

[ QUOTE ]
He thinks that the quality of a quarterback can be determined by the number of SB rings that a quarterback possesses.

[/ QUOTE ] and there is plenty of merit to that. For some reason Brady plays well in big games, thus far Peyton and McNabb haven't. Thats a fact, and nothing you state can prove otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] What about him? He had a great career.

edit for dunderhead Hack: I think Brady is overrated as well.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow top 50 in career TD's and top 20 in passing yards. That's very illustrious. Lmao. I think Bledsoe will be in both those categories by the time he retires if he is not already. Induct Bledsoe.

Yeah he'll get in the Hall, probably. But I'm just saying that winning Super Bowls does not make you a good quarterback.

Brady has a very good team around him. He is overrated. It's just a fact. There are 3 or 4 quarterbacks in the league better than him, yet everyone acts like he is the best quarterback because of his Super Bowl wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't just happen to have a good team around him. He's a big part of the reason they're a good team. Do you ignore intangibles, leadership, etc. in your evaluation of a QB?

And, yes, if Bledsoe ever wins Superbowl MVP twice, he should probably be considered in a league with the best.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Yes , Aikman had a good career, but he's not even close to being one of the greatest QBs of all time.

It's also important to note that if it wasn't for Drew Bledsoe, Brady wouldn't have his first SB ring. Brady didn't get them to the Bowl. Bledsoe did.

Ken Berman thinks that Super Bowl rings are what make a quarterback great. That's what he said, albeit sarcastically.

Ken Berman stated that Brady is one of the greatest because he won 2 in 3 years. Well Aikman, won 3 in 4. That's gotta be more impressive than 2 in 3, right?

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't just happen to have a good team around him. He's a big part of the reason they're a good team. Do you ignore intangibles, leadership, etc. in your evaluation of a QB?

[/ QUOTE ]

What I do is I look at the team and I look at the QB. Can the team still do great if you take the QB out? The Colts could not make the playoffs without Peyton. He is their offense. He makes plays that other quarterbacks could just dream about making.

Brady, on the other hand, is merely a cog in the Patriots offense. If you remove Brady and add someone like Bledsoe then the Patriots still make the playoffs this year.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Brady and Aikman are/were both very good QB's.

They both play/played on great teams.

Not sure where that places them all time, and it this point I don't care.

Do you consider Montana one of the greatest, Hack?

kenberman
01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No duh.

That's what I'm saying.

Man you are really slow.

I'll explain it to you.

Yes, Ken Berman was being sarcastic. He doesn't think Super Bowl rings are overvalued. He thinks that the quality of a quarterback can be determined by the number of SB rings that a quarterback possesses.

He's wrong.

Could you bother to read a post through and comprehend it before you jump in?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think the number of Super MVP's awards a quarterback has won - 2 in Brady's case - can determine the quality of a QB, then you really don't know what you're talking about. The object of the game is to WIN, not to put up big statistics. Brady has LED him team to victory in every overtime and playoff game he has ever played in. He plays his best in every big game.

Pay attention to the important stuff, and maybe you'll start to figure this stuff out.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Comprende?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think the QB's whole job is just to throw the ball then you're correct. This is why you're wrong.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:47 PM
The QB's job is to direct the offense. Those intangibles like leadership and niceness mean very little if your quarterback sucks ass.

AngryCola
01-10-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes , Aikman had a good career, but he's not even close to being one of the greatest QBs of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong.

And enough with the TSC flame wars already!

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah Montana was one of the greatest.

Among the league's all-time top 50
Pass attempts: 9
Completions: 8
Passing yards: 8
Passing TDs: 7

He has rings but he also has stats to back them up.

Compare him to someone like Terry Bradshaw who has 4 rings but his stats are nowhere near as good as Montana's or Favre's.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Sigh:

Aikman:

Pass attempts: 17
Completions: 12
Passing yards: 20
Passing TDs: 46

Bledsoe, for the hell of it:

Pass attempts: 7
Completions: 7
Passing yards: 10
Passing TDs: 18

Ok I guess Bledsoe gets in the Hall of Fame. By the time he retires he will be top 10 in the main QB categories.

kenberman
01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brady, on the other hand, is merely a cog in the Patriots offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an opinion held only by people who doesn't know anything about the Patriots.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 03:54 PM
but to point how silly the whole argument here is, Montana played with the greatest receiver ever. He also played on awesome teams.

I am starting to get suck of people fawning over individual players in the NFL. A "great" QB is nothing without a good coach, a solid O-Line, receivers who can catch the ball, and a good running game.

This whole individual thing in the NFL is bullshi[/b]t.

I am done trying to compare players and eras and bullshi[/b]t like that.

Football blows.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Ideally, you should have the stats and the ring to distinguish a good career.

It is a sad reflection when Trent Dilfer has won a SB and Dan Marino hasnt.

kenberman
[ QUOTE ]
So, Ken Berman.

I'll ask you this:

Troy Aikman must be one of the best quarterbacks of all time, yes? Because of his 3 rings in 4 years.

What you fail to understand is the difference between a QB like Peyton and a QB like Brady. If the Patriots did not have Brady they would still make the playoffs. The Colts without Peyton would not.

Comprende?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why haven't you responded to the fact that Brady has won 2 Super Bowl MVP's? I've only posted in 4 times, yet you keep ignoring it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Hack
No, no, the greatest receiver ever plays for the Vikings. Just ask him.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah Montana was one of the greatest.

Pass attempts: 9
Completions: 8
Passing yards: 8
Passing TDs: 7

He has rings but he also has stats to back them up.

Compare him to someone like Terry Bradshaw who has 4 rings but his stats are nowhere near as good as Montana's or Favre's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Brady also doesn't have Montana's receivers, but he still gets the job done.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:56 PM
So what he won 2. If Peyton was able to get to the SB I guarantee you he would win it too. Aikman won 2 I believe.

Hack
01-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Bledsoe doesn't have Brady's receivers either, but he gets th e job done.

Drew Bledsoe:

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 03:57 PM
fuc[/b]k man, when is opening day for baseball. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

AngryCola
01-10-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the opinion held by every person who doesn't know anything about the Patriots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know very little about the Patriots, and I don't share the opinion you were replying to.

AngryCola
01-10-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So what he won 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be serious. Come on now.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bledsoe doesn't have Brady's receivers either, but he gets th e job done.

Drew Bledsoe:

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually Beledoe DID have Brady's receivers, as YOU already pointed out.I'm done with this thread. Hack, you're a moron. As always.

Hack
01-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Peyton has been league MVP twice. I think that's more impressive than Super Bowl mvp, because there are a lot more players to choose from when you are doing league.

A quarterback who sucks but happens to have a great day in the Super Bowl could be SB MVP.

But you have to be consistenly great all year long to win the league MVP. Peyton has two. Two consecutive league MVPs(although one was shared with McNair).

adios
01-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Brady wins championships.

Peyton wins MVPs.

Although I thing if the Manning would have played on the Pats he may have one at least one championship. Give Brady his due for his performance in the last Superbowl though.

kenberman
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the opinion held by every person who doesn't know anything about the Patriots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know very little about the Patriots, and I don't share the opinion you were replying to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry..I edited my post to reflect what I meant.

Hack
You're the moron.

Bledsoe had Patten but not Givens. Givens wasn't even in the league until a year after Bledsoe left the Pats to go to the Bills.

Shows how much you know.

AngryCola
01-10-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You're the moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a witty retort.

Come on man. You have to do better than,

"I know you are, but what am I?"

sublime
01-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Anyone have any idea how the Pats can win this?

by scoring more points than the colts

Hack
01-10-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't need to be witty AC.

He just uttered something that was totally false and I called him out on it.

He obviously doesn't follow the NFL that closely if he thinks Bledsoe had the same receivers in 2000 that Brady has in 2004.

AngryCola
01-10-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't need to be witty AC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

But as long as you admit it... :shrug:

sublime
01-10-2005, 04:08 PM

bullshit being two titles and the best record over the past four years?

do you actually think before you type?

Hack
01-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Speaking of New England, this year spells the end of the Red Sox short lived dominance(bullshit) as well.

kenberman
[ QUOTE ]
Peyton has been league MVP twice. I think that's more impressive than Super Bowl mvp, because there are a lot more players to choose from when you are doing league.

A quarterback who sucks but happens to have a great day in the Super Bowl could be SB MVP.

But you have to be consistenly great all year long to win the league MVP. Peyton has two. Two consecutive league MVPs(although one was shared with McNair).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hack, thanks for admitting that you think regular season perfomance is more important than post-season perfomance. I'm done with this thread.

sublime
If the Pats can pull this game off, I will be forced to admit that Belichick is the best coach of this generation. Maybe ever. But I don't think he does.

i think just about everybody said this same thing last year around this time.

sublime
01-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Ok I guess Bledsoe gets in the Hall of Fame. By the time he retires he will be top 10 in the main QB categories.

so by your standards bledsoe is better than aikman was?

sublime
01-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Speaking of New England, this year spells the end of the Red Sox short lived dominance(bullshit) as well.

what?

it amazes me people like you are allowed to vote and create life.

kyro
01-10-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: I know dick about football

sublime
01-10-2005, 04:15 PM

LMAO!! this guy is a retard for sure.

Hack
01-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Haven't seen any of your comments in this thread kyro.

I would say that I know a fair amount about football, considering that I played varsity in HS and was a Bills season ticket holder for 5 years.

kenberman
01-10-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't seen any of your comments in this thread kyro.

I would say that I know a fair amount about football, considering that I played varsity in HS and was a Bills season ticket holder for 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post just set a new standard for Unintentional Comedy.

PhatTBoll
01-10-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think just about everybody said this same thing last year around this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people did, but not me. With the injuries he has to deal with, and the progress of the Colts' receivers, a win this year would be far more impressive.

Toro
01-10-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
considering that I played varsity in HS

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet sup bro could kick your asss though!

Hack
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Well I didn't play defensive tackle like he did. Not big enough.

I was a tailback. I doubt he could have caught me though because he looks like a slow guido and I ran a fast 40.

Sup bro?

kenberman
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the injuries he has to deal with

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the biggest difference between this year and last.

The Colts offense actually finished last year almost as strong as they finished this year (31 ppg in their 6 games leading up to the AFC championship, vs 33 ppg in their last 6 games this year).

But the Pats not having their top 2 cornerbacks this year is going to be tough to overcome. I like the Pats against any other NFL team...but probably not the Colts, this week.

nolanfan34
01-10-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
was a Bills season ticket holder for 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOW we know why you seem to think post-season results don't matter.

Bravo though man, you are one hell of a sports troll.

Hack
01-10-2005, 04:29 PM
gracias.

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

LMAO!! this guy is a retard for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]he is a troll to boot. Very annoying to talk to, almost like a child. "everything I say is right and you are wrong you big doody head poop brain" "My parents always said I was right!"

Why do you think I ignored him?

The only reason I unblocked it is because I was missing out on some funny posts.

Hack
01-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Sup bro?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hack
01-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't think I ever called anyone a poopy head brain(or was that doody head pooper or something), or mentioned my parents when talking about anything in here.

AngryCola
01-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Maybe not. But he's not too far off base.

You post a lot of stuff.
1427 posts and you signed up on 11/24/04

I signed up on 9/9/04 and have 1442 posts, and I post A LOT.

Clearly, there are excessive posts which you don't need to be writing.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think I ignored him? The only reason I unblocked it is because I was missing out on some funny posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just reblocked him.

sublime
01-10-2005, 05:25 PM
I just reblocked him.

he will be my first.

sublime
01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

so cool

ThaSaltCracka
01-10-2005, 05:29 PM
cheer up Sublime, baseball is almost here.

NoChance
01-10-2005, 05:37 PM
I didn't read this entire thread because I am too busy here at work today.

However, as a Steeler fan, I can tell you this: I would rather play New England right now. New England does not scare me nearly as much as Indy does. The Steelers have not had to go against a high powered offense this year which (admittedly) is partly why they are ranked #1 defensively this year.

I guess deep down that means I think RIGHT NOW Indy is the better team. Either that or they potentially give the Steelers more match up problems.

I know. I know. The Steelers still have to win their game before any of this is possible. I am simply giving you my perspective.

kyro
01-10-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
was a Bills season ticket holder for 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOW we know why you seem to think post-season results don't matter.

Bravo though man, you are one hell of a sports troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

zing!

btw hack (what a name), there's a reason every sports commentator in the world lists brady as their "who i want leading my team in the super bowl" choice. is he the most talented? no. does he have a great defense behind him? yes. but he has shown himself to be a big game quarterback in the last two super bowls the pats have been in. if you can't see that, you must think bledsoe is really the answer to the bills' woes.

Hack
01-10-2005, 06:34 PM
The Bills main problem is a weak offensive line. Our defense and special teams and running game is fine. Hopefully we can pick up good guards next draft.

Toro
01-10-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, as a Steeler fan, I can tell you this: I would rather play New England right now. New England does not scare me nearly as much as Indy does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that you say that. I was just telling my friend that Indy scares me a lot more than the Steelers.

NoChance
01-10-2005, 07:52 PM
It does not surprise me. Both of our teams play well in close games but Indy has the ability to blow anyone out if there are just a couple defensive mistakes.

sublime
01-16-2005, 08:16 PM
However, as a Steeler fan, I can tell you this: I would rather play New England right now. New England does not scare me nearly as much as Indy does. The Steelers have not had to go against a high powered offense this year which (admittedly) is partly why they are ranked #1 defensively this

anyone home?

ThaSaltCracka
01-16-2005, 08:22 PM
its official, NE is the team to beat this year again.

Is that Peyton or Eli put there? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NoChance
01-16-2005, 08:26 PM
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> anyone home? </pre><hr />

I don't get it. What are you trying to say? I am happy New England is winning right now.

sublime
01-16-2005, 08:27 PM
I don't get it. What are you trying to say? I am happy New England is winning right now.

you would rather face NE than INDY? are you on crack? do you think cowher feels that way?

NoChance
01-16-2005, 08:30 PM
I don't know what he is thinking. I can tell you that New England does not scare me as much as Indy would have. That said, I bet on New England today because I thought they were the better team. That does not mean they provide the same match up problems as Indy would have.

You will have to ask Cowher what he thinks.

ThaSaltCracka
01-16-2005, 08:33 PM
I would have to think the fact that the NE D has essentially shut down the vaunted Indy O, probably scares the crap out of Cowher.

Oh well, NE-PIT is the match up we al wanted to see in the AFC title game after 6 weeks of the season anyways.

pshreck
01-16-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

you would rather face NE than INDY? are you on crack? do you think cowher feels that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. How could you ever want to play the Patriots over any other team? Looking at tonight's game shows you really probably wanted to play the Colts. They turned out to not even be in the Pat's league.

NoChance
01-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Well, first of all, they have some sort of familiarity with them having played them this year already.

sublime
01-16-2005, 08:40 PM
well, first of all, they have some sort of familiarity with them having played them this year already.

that game doesnt have much meaning. some, but the abscence of the patriots biggest offensive weapon meant a LOT.

Lazymeatball
01-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Corey Dillon, What a horse, eh?

ThaSaltCracka
01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
I think its probably safe to say he won the game for NE more-so then Brady.

lastchance
01-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Nah. Neither of them won that game. If anyone won this game, it was Belicheck and his linebackers. Of course, those 7 minute drives completely chewing up any chance for a Indy comeback were nice too.

But New England 20 is nowhere near as impressive or as important as Indianapolis 3.

Hats off to NE, most impressive showing this weekend, including the Atlanta butt-whipping of the Rams.

sublime
01-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Nah. Neither of them won that game. If anyone won this game, it was Belicheck and his linebackers. Of course, those 7 minute drives completely chewing up any chance for a Indy comeback were nice too

i think like 53 players deserve credit for today. how about kevein faulks runs? the hard hits the secondary (hahah) put on any receiver who caught the ball? as usual it was a team effort.