PDA

View Full Version : For those who are quitting or smoking or have recently quit

craig r
01-10-2005, 07:44 AM
It has been a little over 5 months since I have smoked a cigarrette. And, I just realized that for the last 3 days, I hadn't even really thought about it. I have a very obsessive personality, so for me to go so long without thinking about something i really want is a really big deal.

I know it is cliched, but it truly gets easier. And I also know that there will be times that i want to smoke again. But, that one "fix" really will not make me feel better. Because I know 1 hour after I "crack" i will want to smoke again. fucke that.

craig

dr. klopek
01-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Nice work man, that [censored] is hard. I tried on christmas and only made it 36 hours. I have since been putting off quitting.

Zoltri
01-10-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a very obsessive personality

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish I could control mine better.
Nice going on the smoking. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

DeezNuts
01-10-2005, 03:37 PM
I did the whole New-Years-resolution thing. I failed by Thursday. But I've only had 4 since then(I usually smoke 5 a day).

So even if I fail at quitting, I at least cut down for a while. So that's something. I plan on quitting again soon, as it has gotten progressively better(this was my 4th time quitting in the past year).

DN

"Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it a thousand times."
-Mark Twain

ilya
01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
congrats on your success and thanks for the encouragement. i quit as a new year's resolution and so far it's working.

BusterStacks
01-10-2005, 03:51 PM
i cannot quit smoking.

wacki
01-10-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i cannot quit smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Zyban/Wellbutrin. It will help you a lot.

BusterStacks
01-10-2005, 03:59 PM
That costs money though

wacki
01-10-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That costs money though

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cheaper than cigarettes, and a lot cheaper than cancer.

ChoicestHops
01-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Just get on the patch. It's about $45 for a two week supply. If you are smoking under a half pack a day, I can't see how you couldnt quit on self control alone, for your nicotine withdrawls can't be too bad.

Im on my 4th week of the patch, and the nicotine keeps me from craving a cigarette. The problem is I simply like smoking, so I have to get the psychological addiction out of my head.

WDC
01-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I quit except for the card barn and I am trying to quuit then also, except, I keep thinking, I am breathing in tons of second hand smoke so what is having a few puffs myself gonna do.

craig r
01-10-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is I simply like smoking, so I have to get the psychological addiction out of my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is by far the hardest part. I am very grateful I was never addicted to heroin. I can't imagine how hard that would be. The best way to describe the psychological addiction would be like getting dumped by a girl. At first you think about it all the time, then it gradually goes away. And then you realize you don't even think about the girl anymore.

craig

ilya
01-10-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I quit except for the card barn and I am trying to quuit then also, except, I keep thinking, I am breathing in tons of second hand smoke so what is having a few puffs myself gonna do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dangerous thinking; those few puffs are gonna make you much more likely to relapse in the world outside the card barn.