PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Eights at Bellagio

ShawnHoo
01-10-2005, 05:13 AM
Hey all... long time lurker, first time poster. I've learned a ton from reading these posts and figured I'd finally pipe up. Here's a hand for discussion:

30/60 at Bellagio. An absolutely horrible player who looks a lot like the guy from "Life is Beautiful" buys the button. A local guy limps in under the gun. He's sporting an iPod, a lightweight "Members Only" type of jacket, and a dour expression, which indicates to me that he's probably an above average or winning player. Two people fold to me, I find 8s8d and raise. Everyone else folds. Horrible player calls, local guy calls.

Flop: 4h6cJc.

Horrible guy checks. Local guy bets, I raise. Horrible guy calls, local guy calls.

Turn: Js

Horrible guy checks, local guy bets. I call, horrible guy calls.

River: 7d

Horrible guy checks, local guy bets. I call, horrible guy folds.

Comments? Once I decided to call the turn, I'm definitely going to a showdown unless horrible guy does something crazy.

JasonP530
01-10-2005, 08:41 AM
I actually think I know who you are talking about. I can picture him now. Anyways, I think you should raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet. Youre hand isnt that strong, and the maniac has to have some type of outs or draw. Make him pay for them or fold them.