PDA

View Full Version : 6 6 10 Flop: I Hold 10, Did Anyone Make Trips?

TomBrooks
01-10-2005, 04:08 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I have no read on villian as I was fairly new to table (and maybe because I'm fairly new to poker and I was multitasking and not paying close attention to table. Mea culpa.)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO <font color="#A500AF"></font> calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

I find this situation comes up fairly regularly, maybe every hundred hands or so. I am always uncertain what to do and am trying to find the right balance of aggression and admission of having the second best hand. Some times I've played it more aggressively than I did here and I've had both successes and failures. When I've played it more aggressively and lost, I may have been guilty of refusing to give up once I started my aggression, which would be a different situation and not how I played it this time.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks.

River: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, MP folds.

To justify folding here, I employed the principal that one opponent may be bluffing or semi-bluffing, but both opponents were unlikely to be.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Womble
01-10-2005, 07:23 AM
You have made this hand impossibe to tell. With a raise preflop MP probably has a PP of somesort or a good A. You need to raise for information here.

A reraise will indicate a pair higher than ten, or strong ten not a 6. Who would raise with 66, A6, K6???

Any reads? Raise the flop and go from there

Wario
01-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Preflop is good.

I think you need to show some aggression on the flop. You probably have the best hand here so I would check/raise the flop and then lead the turn. Also if your check/raise gets 3-bet by MP you can easily lay this one down on the turn.

The river bet is bad. It's not for value as you will be called by more hands that beat you than ones that you beat and you're not making any better hands fold.

I would check/fold the river.

pointcount
01-10-2005, 08:07 AM
If you are passive you will never be able to answer this question without reads based on an opponents history. Listen to the advice above and you will be able to determine more information about what villan holds.

shaundeeb
01-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Use common sense to eliminate the chances of someone having the 6. PFR doesn't have it unless he has quads or hes one of the fish who raise Axs when its folded to them. So c/r and represent your top pair with top kicker. You can't put CO on really anyhand that he would cold call with a 6 eith either. If you c/r and are 3bet by the PFR and/or the CO does a call/raise 3or4 bet then drop your hand not worth it to chase your outs. Use the cheap betting amount on the flop allow you to gain info and to take the lead in the betting.

The betting out of the river is horrible due to the card. Any legitamate hand has you beat and all the none legitmate do. AJ now beats you with a straight. Any solid raising hand has you beat check/fold is the way to go name 1 hand outside of 99 or A9 you are going to take down the pot with a showdown from the PFR.

jskills
01-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Bet the flop.

Bet the turn.

frank_iii
01-10-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on the flop. Either that or check-raise. How else are you going to get information? Right now by just check/calling the pf raiser you're playing blind. I think I prefer betting out here in hopes of getting raised by the pf raiser. If CO calls or reraises you could be in trouble. Either way, if CO does not raise, I'd call and plan to bet out the turn depending on what comes.

When the Q comes, I think I'd bet and fold to a raise. When the K comes, you're beaten and your bet is just thrown away. What possible preflop raising hand could you beat?

TomBrooks
01-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks to all for the insightful replies. I see that my problem is that I am not focused enough on putting my opponents on a hand. I see the logic you illustrated to use his preflop raise plus his response to a bet or check-raise on the flop to possibly gain information.

I got reads later on in the session. MP was a tight player so I think he must have had AJ, the only two high cards that didn't come out.

The CO was a loose player. He won the hand holding a Ks3c which I let him pair up for free on the river.

frank_iii
01-11-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got reads later on in the session. MP was a tight player so I think he must have had AJ, the only two high cards that didn't come out.

The CO was a loose player. He won the hand holding a Ks3c which I let him pair up for free on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? AJ would give MP the straight, beating CO's 2-pair. You mean JJ?

TomBrooks
01-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Duh, right Frank. Once I start focusing more on putting another player on a hand, I can work on getting more accurate at it. MP must have had JJ or maybe 99. If I had a better read or a PFR% on him from PT, that might help decide if he would raise with 99.