PDA

View Full Version : Ted Lawson? Really???

Brad F.
01-10-2005, 02:18 AM
I know we barely got to know him in the WSOP last year, but he acted like I'd act if I was in his position: Giddy, inexperienced, and making questionable plays (and board reads.)

However, this guy seems to be for real! He played at the Bellagio, cashing in the limit tourney I think (He probably did other tourneys too, that's just what I remember). And now he places in the top 25 at Atlantis.

Anybody here play with this guy? He obviously is decent since he is in these larger buy-in tourneys.

Just wondering if anyone had first hand experiences with him.

Brad

istewart
01-10-2005, 03:00 AM
I wrestled him in high school. I also wrestled Lee Watkinson.

wins_pot
01-10-2005, 03:27 AM
played with him. he's bad. unbelievably so. if you play in a lot of tournies, eventually your name will show up at the top. he'll play till his roll is gone.

The T.A.
01-10-2005, 03:37 AM
YA MON!

Nagoo81
01-10-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wrestled him in high school. I also wrestled Lee Watkinson.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an el oh el. In fact, I'm still chuckling as I reply to this.

rdavey
01-10-2005, 01:47 PM
I think his results have shown that he's at least a little better than "bad".

__Q__
01-10-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
played with him. he's bad. unbelievably so. if you play in a lot of tournies, eventually your name will show up at the top. he'll play till his roll is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did he aquire this "roll" in the first place?

sternroolz
01-10-2005, 08:17 PM
If you go back through the years, you find a number of players that really do not know what they are doing have won major tournaments. It happens. Sooner or later they bust, but it happens. Winning a few tournaments does not necessarily mean you have skill. I don't really want to name players, although there are a few broke ass beggars I would love to name.

If you can do what TJ does, or even what a lesser known like Eskimo or even Super Mario does, then you are a player. Even a guy like John Henson, who is certainly unorthodox, but has won quite a few tournaments over a period of several years, is a considerable poker player.

But one or two or three tournaments in a short time? We shall see.

nothumb
01-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Can I get your avatar without the part about TSC? I've always wanted one of those.

NT

pancakes
01-10-2005, 10:35 PM
I was in vegas during the final event of the five diamond classic. and seen him playing in the high-limit area at the bellagio at the same table with Paul Wolfe and a few other pros, i didnt look at wat limit they were playin but they all had $100 checks