PDA

View Full Version : When two big Stacks clash

David100
01-10-2005, 01:43 AM
Was just playing a sng. Was 2nd largest stack in sb with the largest being in bb. I therefore did not really want a confrontation with him, and thought that he may have been thinking i was trying to steal the pot. SHould i have pushed harder? Result to be posted later

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t950)
Button (t1105)
Hero (t2860)
BB (t4130)
UTG (t410)
MP (t545)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t400) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, BB calls t200.

Turn: (t800) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, BB calls t200.

River: (t1200) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t200.

Final Pot: t2000

David

david050173
01-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Your bets look like steal bets. Make a real bet before the flop not a miniraise and then a decent sized bet on the flop.

The Yugoslavian
01-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Preflop: You have to either bet more or fold (this is possibly viable if the BB is capable of going over the top of you with any two knowing you'll fold the vast majority of the time).

Turn: What does this bet accomplish? If you think there is a decent chance you do not have the best hand now, are you trying to block a big raise from him instead of checking here? Your hand is probably still best and you need to make better flush draws and overcards pay here -- you're giving them all spectacular pot odds.

River: You have to call his bet now b/c the pot odds are huge and you haven't been able to gain enough information about your opponents hand previously -- he could be sensing your weakness or most likely just have you beaten here but not want you to fold.

Yugoslav

Unarmed
01-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Also, just pot the flop. (and not b/c of the 2 flush as we're HU here) I know you want underpairs hanging around but if you don't pot it you have no idea whether he's calling with a weaker PP than you or just overs. You're tens are very vulnerable to any O/C on the turn and besides, 55-99 are calling a full pot bet here 9 times out of 10 anyway.

Full bet on the flop, if he calls you have his 55-99 by the nuts. Also, by weeding out overcards on the flop you don't care about the 3 flush on the turn because you're drawing to the nut flush at that point and can make 1/2 pot bets on the turn and river to extract max value from his underpair.