PDA

View Full Version : Greetings fellow internet forum browsers.

QLC Forums
01-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Greetings fellow internet forum browsers.

It has come to our attention that recently, one of the regular posters on this forum discovered the Quarter Life Crisis, “A one-stop info-shop for recent grads and beyond” internet forum. This poster proceeded to call us “the most pathetic message board on the internet”. Many of the rest of you proceeded to post bogus “troll” posts on our message board, and laugh about it in your thread. We are writing to you now because we feel that it was very inappropriate for you to do this.

We at the Quarter Life Crisis internet forum are a group of people dedicated to helping each other work through our problems. It seems that you have no respect for this, and instead try to bash it. However, we feel that this desire to attack stems from a lack of self-confidence and a troubled soul. In fact, the Quarter Life Crisis forum is a great place to get help with just such a problem.

We would like to extend an olive branch to you. We invite all of you to come and try out our forums. We think you will like what you find. You will feel more emotionally stable and tolerant of others. And who knows? You might find the love of your life! (Some of our posters have done just that!). And if you don’t like it, no big deal. So c’mon and give it a try. What do you have to lose?

Sincerely,

The Quarter Life Crisis internet forum.

ClaytonN
01-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Oh, man.

This is gonna be gooooooood.

Edge34
01-10-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, man.

This is gonna be gooooooood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially if we ever figure out whichever OOTiot reg'd this new name. I mean, seriously, how else would it get back to here?

I didn't get in on the QLC-ing, but I agree, this is gonna be a blast. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ClaytonN
01-10-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm gonna be honest, this legitimately sounds like them.

If this is indeed a troll, I gotta applaud.

stabn
01-10-2005, 01:44 AM
It's totally a troll.

Edge34
01-10-2005, 01:45 AM
I thought about that after I posted, like right when I hit "submit"...but still, how the heck would they trace that back here? Meh.

lapoker17
01-10-2005, 01:49 AM
With the amount of clicks we generated to their site, and the fact that I'm sure one of those losers monitors server logs like a Nazi, it would be very obvious to them that 2+2 was sending them tons of referrals (clicks) during the troll fest.

emonrad87
01-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Didnt someone on here say that one of us posted the link to the "lamest forum..." thread?

If so, that would be how...

Inthacup
01-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Even if it is real, who cares?

on_thg
01-10-2005, 03:33 AM
If this is in fact a troll post, it is exceptionally well done. Kudos.

The Dude
01-10-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And who knows? You might find the love of your life! (Some of our posters have done just that!).

[/ QUOTE ]
Wierd.

Edge34
01-10-2005, 03:41 AM
Just read through the ENTIRE thing...apparently someone did go ahead and post a link to us. But hey, nothing to be worried about. I'm not having a "QLC", but I'm laughing harder than I EVER have on OOT...

The Yugoslavian
01-10-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Greetings fellow internet forum browsers.

It has come to our attention that recently, one of the regular posters on this forum discovered the Quarter Life Crisis, “A one-stop info-shop for recent grads and beyond” internet forum. This poster proceeded to call us “the most pathetic message board on the internet”. Many of the rest of you proceeded to post bogus “troll” posts on our message board, and laugh about it in your thread. We are writing to you now because we feel that it was very inappropriate for you to do this.

We at the Quarter Life Crisis internet forum are a group of people dedicated to helping each other work through our problems. It seems that you have no respect for this, and instead try to bash it. However, we feel that this desire to attack stems from a lack of self-confidence and a troubled soul. In fact, the Quarter Life Crisis forum is a great place to get help with just such a problem.

We would like to extend an olive branch to you. We invite all of you to come and try out our forums. We think you will like what you find. You will feel more emotionally stable and tolerant of others. And who knows? You might find the love of your life! (Some of our posters have done just that!). And if you don’t like it, no big deal. So c’mon and give it a try. What do you have to lose?

Sincerely,

The Quarter Life Crisis internet forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we post can we get action from hot, emotionally unstable QLCers? If so, then I'm all about olive branches baby!

Also, I'm pretty sure many already did 'try out' your forum and their unique and quirky sense of humor was looked down upon and rebuffed.

Yugoslav

The Dude
01-10-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We invite all of you to come and try out our forums.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Registration has been disabled by the administrator.

[/ QUOTE ]
Boooo.

The Dude
01-10-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Boooo.

[/ QUOTE ]
And by "booo" I mean "Well done, 2+2ers. Well done."

BusterStacks
01-10-2005, 04:24 AM
You wanna go to war!!? We'll take you to war!!!

http://www.eastfieldcollege.com/etcetera/EtCetera91703/scarface.jpg

Hack
01-10-2005, 04:25 AM
Some people are just too immature, getting their jollies from trolling and such. Time to move out of your parents' basement.

And I seriously doubt this guy is affiliated with QLC.

The Dude
01-10-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And I seriously doubt this guy is affiliated with QLC.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aww, really?

on_thg
01-10-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
. You will feel more emotionally stable and tolerant of others. And who knows? You might find the love of your life! (Some of our posters have done just that!).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ashamed to admit it, but Kelly does it for me.

Hack
01-10-2005, 04:58 AM
Aww, you're a douche?

I'm sorry.

I'm sure you have better things to do than type that.

Like trolling QLC. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Get a life.

jakethebake
01-10-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought about that after I posted, like right when I hit "submit"...but still, how the heck would they trace that back here? Meh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone posted a link to oot on QLC. It wasa only up for a minute or two before it was deleted, but someone there may have seen it. With that said, I'm sure this is a troll.

tyfromm
01-10-2005, 10:34 AM
There are other ways to track us down. Just google the user names and/or email addresses of the 2+2 trolls in this QLC thread. (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7812)

I googled <font color="red"> dontraiseplz </font> from the 5th post of that thread, and it led me right to the 2+2 forum. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

You can find out what other forums fellow 2+2ers frequent this way too (if their name is unique enough). /images/graemlins/grin.gif