PDA

View Full Version : Longest SNG without anyone out on party?

The4Aces
01-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Today i got to level 4 with no one out. I was getting mad.

Irieguy
01-10-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Today i got to level 4 with no one out. I was getting mad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless your opponents know how to adjust to a rapidly decreasing stack:blind ratio, this should not be cause for anger. Your ROI should be quite healthy in these circumstances.

The obverse example of a Party SNG; the one in which a few players bust out very early, is not nearly as favorable as you think. The 2 or 3 big stacks become confident and start screwing around with a few more speculative hands. This is accidentally correct. All the medium stacks figure that "at this rate, we'll be in the money soon," and tighten up while the blinds are still low. This, too, is accidentally correct. So, a few early bust-outs can actually force novice players to accidentally improve their play.

On the other hand, if the blinds are 100-200 and you still have 8 or 9 equally short stacks; you need a pretty sophisticated understanding of short-stack poker to adjust correctly. Most can't. If you know what you are doing, this is a profitable situation.

Irieguy

The4Aces
01-10-2005, 01:47 AM
I was getting angry because i had to go to dinner and i couldnt see any end to the tourny.

The Yugoslavian
01-10-2005, 01:50 AM
"I was getting angry because i had to go to dinner and i couldnt see any end to the tourny."

Yeah, what the hell were you thinking, Irie! He obviously had better things to do than rape the tight fishy shmucks who don't know how to adjust to high blinds and soon to be shorthanded play.

Yugoslav

Irieguy
01-10-2005, 01:50 AM
It most likely still took 50-60 minutes to complete. The only thing that can appreciably affect the length of a SNG is having a few players that take a long time to act every hand.

Irieguy

lorinda
01-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Most can't. If you know what you are doing, this is a profitable situation.

Oddly, I learned this very thing today.

Lori

Daliman
01-10-2005, 02:06 AM
been 2 hands into 150-300 before first out, and we were 6 handed at 300-600.