PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys against a cowboy

Redd
01-10-2005, 12:45 AM
Villain is loose, a fair amount on the aggressive side. I'm still really shaky on HU play due to the almost exclusively-multiway pots at 0.05/0.10.

Pacific $0.05/$0.10 (10 Handed).

Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif. Folded to UTG+2 who calls, folded to Hero who <font color="red">raises</font>, folded back to UTG+2 (Villain) who calls.

Flop comes 2/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players, 5 SB). <font color="red">Villain bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, Villain calls.

Turn comes K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players, 4.5BB). <font color="red">Villain bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">Villain 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River comes 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players, 10BB). <font color="red">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

So looking back the turn raise was a little frisky after the stop n' go. But if he has a flush, I easily have outs to a boat. Who likes just calling the turn SNG? Any other problems?

Thanks,
Redd

Shillx
01-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Dude why are we raising this flop?

Call the flop. Raise the turn once you spike the king. Call on the river if you don't fill.

Be passive dude. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brad

Redd
01-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Thanks Brad, I'll call it next time. Villain flipped over A3o for 2 pair and MHIG. Fortunately, he went on tilt after this one and just kept raising each of my premium hands non-stop. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

On an unrelated note, I just (embarassingly) noticed I've had an account here for almost a full month longer than you. I'm ridiculously impressed that you're a pooh-bah who's already hitting 5/10.

Hack
01-10-2005, 01:24 AM
I thought Hero didn't have odds to spike a king here? Sometimes people on here say to see the turn with a high pair but if you don't have 22:1 then how can you say see it?

Redd
01-10-2005, 01:39 AM
I don't wanna speak for Shill, but the first thing I thought of when he said to call the flop was that he was recommending a "check-call, check-call, bet" sort of dealie since I was way ahead or way behind. So I should just let the laggy Villain keep bluffing (if he is bluffing), then take a shot on the river. Make the most, lose the least.

Hopefully if I'm wrong someone will correct me?

Redd

Shillx
01-10-2005, 01:39 AM
I probably played 200K hands of 3/6 and 5/10 before logging on to this site. So I had a head start. I have never played anything less then 3/6.

Brad

Shillx
01-10-2005, 01:41 AM
It is pretty wrong to think that you are behind just because he bets the flop.

Brad

Hack
01-10-2005, 01:44 AM
I know that.

So why not raise the flop to help figure out where you are?

Shillx
01-10-2005, 01:47 AM
Ok we raise the flop and the villian calls. Now what??????

He didn't 3-bet us with the best hand on the flop, so why does a flop raise help our cause?

Hack
01-10-2005, 01:52 AM
Ok. So we call down with the Kings when there is an ace on board heads up?

Just trying to make sure I understand this.