PDA

View Full Version : Feels like being cold decked - entertainment value only ...

jskills
01-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Not complaining or whining as things worked out as they were supposed to at this table eventually. But there was one weird hand that stuck out to me. Results must be included to have a discussion.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 (poster) folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB

Results:
MP1 shows [ 2d, Tc ] two pairs, tens and twos.
UTG shows [ Jc, Jd ] a pair of jacks.
Hero shows [ Ac, As ] a pair of aces.
MP1 wins 23.75 BB from the main pot with two pairs, tens and twos.

So again why does MP1 cap the flop? Interesting when two others have JJ and AA and the 10-2 offsuit flops two pair.
Ok ok, you know I'm not serious about any conspiracy stuff, but you have to admit it was funny /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shillx
01-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Does it make me happy to see this stuff at my table? Yes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Does this have anything to do with being cold decked? No. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Getting cold decked sucks. This is good times.

jskills
01-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Of course. The guy in MP1 turned out to be one of the most hyper aggro LAGs I've ever seen. VPIP over 90 and PFR over 50. It's just funny though /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

John White
01-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Is it really just funny or is this just a bad beat story, despite your protestations?

Why didn't you cap the flop betting round? Were you concerned about T2o? If I was that guy, I'd wonder if you weren't being tipped off to his monster hands.

Gatts
01-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey man, this hand's won two WSOPs. Capping has to be +EV here.

jskills
01-10-2005, 09:55 AM
That's it! He naturally capped because he was playing the Doyle Brunson hand. Now it makes sense /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jskills
01-10-2005, 09:57 AM
It is really just funny that's all. The guy was a true LAG in over 90% of all pots and raising more than half the time.

Yes I did miss one bet in this hand, but I wasn't posting this hand for feedback on how I played, more for entertainment value ...

Thx.

K C
01-10-2005, 10:01 AM
This is a ridiculous hand hehe. If this guy caps with T2o, then this hand aside, it's going to be easy to get that money back plus.

Remember Doyle won with this heads up not at a full table /images/graemlins/smile.gif Only a moron plays this hand at all at a full table, let alone caps PF with it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KC
http://kingcobrapoker.com

jskills
01-10-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember Doyle won with this heads up not at a full table

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. Of course.

Oh yes - the $ from this hand came back and then some. I am amazed when I see people play this way. They can be up 50 BB one minute and down 75 BB a half hour later.

IsaacW
01-10-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course. The guy in MP1 [,immediately to my left,] turned out to be one of the most hyper aggro LAGs I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why I wish Party's software had a "seat change" button.

Vern
01-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Me too, but I could see it getting abused by players to disrupt a table more too.

Vern

jskills
01-10-2005, 11:30 AM
I hear that. Sometimes when an empty seat opens up on the left of the LAG I've tried to leave the table and rejoin it, but I get thrown back into the same seat and it says "welcome back!". /images/graemlins/mad.gif

IsaacW
01-10-2005, 03:02 PM
How so? This wouldn't be a problem (at least not more than in a B&amp;M) if they implemented a "3 for free, post for 4+" rule when moving. Am I missing something obvious?

Vern
01-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Right now when a player wants to disrupt the play of a table he needs to be putting chips in the middle or eventually he will be booted from the table. I am sure there is a solution, but I think that the ability to 'reserve' a seat while sitting out would allow a player to take up two or more seats for at least the 120 second timer event, preventing fresh meat from sitting down.

Vern