PDA

View Full Version : new to bigbet, Party 25 PL

kelvin474
01-09-2005, 10:18 PM
I have $30 and EP has 25, MP has 35

I get Ah5h in the small blind. EP minraises, MP calls, LP calls, I call, BB calls.

Flop (5 dollars): 8h 9d Th

I bet 2, EP minraises, MP calls, I raise pot (19), EP calls, MP folds.

I pushed the rest in on the turn.

Please let me know what you think, esp. on the flop. I got Reuben and Ciaffone, and I recalled their examples about out of position with a draw against the PFR, you want to avoid getting a significant chunk of cash left w/1 card to come out of pos. w/ a draw. They gave an example in a pot limit game where you bet out, then come over the top of a PFR raise. Is this OK? FWIW, an ace is very likely an out against this player right now.

TrailofTears
01-09-2005, 10:49 PM
(Drum roll please) "And the turn card is...."

- ToT

kelvin474
01-09-2005, 10:58 PM
6c

TrailofTears
01-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Well, I guess I would like to hear a bit of your thinking on this hand as well, but here's what I think. I think when you bet out on the flop and got minraised (I hate minraises!) and MP called, you should have just called as well. By raising pot, you killed your odds to draw for the flush and committed yourself to the hand. If you just call here and string MP along, you keep your odds, keep your money, and also keep another player to make money off if your hand hits. Also, two other players also means that what completes your hand might give one or both of them a second-best hand. I think you should tread more lightly and try to keep your odds. You ended up putting your money in with no hand and only one card to come (definitely not good odds.) I hope you hit it but I don't really like your line here.

- ToT

kelvin474
01-10-2005, 01:01 AM
I was thinking a pot reraise would give enough folding equity to be correct, and that I had a 1/3 chance of making the flush if i couldn't get the folds. This would be correct against someone who could dump top pair i guess. If he's going to go all the way with TP type stuff I shouldn't be trying this fancy stuff. Is that right?

I did miss the river.

creedofhubris
01-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Your opponent is a moron if he's minraising you.

Morons will rarely bet enough to knock out draws, and they'll rarely fold a good hand. So betting him is unlikely to get him out, and he'll give you odds on the turn to draw out on him.

So call the flop and check to him on the turn and call his measly little $4-6 bet there too.