PDA

View Full Version : best ways to use pokertracker?

Dominic
01-09-2005, 10:06 PM
for the record, I'm not asking technical "how to use pokertracker" questions, but rather, I want to know how everyone uses pokertracker as an improvement and strategic tool.

more specifically:

- do you keep track of players in your ring games using game time? how exactly do you use the information in a game situation? How will it affect your decision making process? Is it a pain to be consantly clicking back and forth between game time and your games - especially if you're multitabling?

- when you enter a ring game, do you look up the other players on Pokertracker to see what they're rated? How does this affect your strategy? How many minimum hands should a player have for me to pay attention to his rating?

- I play a lot of NL SNGs, as well - does anyone have an autorate formula for NL SNGs and/or NL ring games? My autorate inputs are for limit only.

finally, one technical question:

- how can I make a screenshot of my stats and post it on 2+2 for critique?

Dominic
01-10-2005, 06:03 AM
bump....c 'mon, throw a dog a bone....

SuitedSixes
01-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Ok, here you go:
A) Storage of HHs
A1) For Export to a better stats program (AM's spreadsheet)
B) To replay key hands WPT-style to see what the percentages were at key points (i.e. Did my chips go in the middle with the best hand? Did I gave the villain appropriate odds to call.)

I'm sure there are others, but until player rankings apply to tournament stats, that's all I do.

WarDekar
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Do you use it to profile opponents (assuming you have a decent sample size of opponents tourneys)?

EDIT: Also, when importing tourneys, it says it needs a tournament Summary. Is there an easy way to add those to my Hand Histories? How about if I have multiple IDs, any easy way to combine all my HHs? I could go through and replace my ID name on each of 'em, but that'd be a bit of a pain in the butt. Any ideas would be appreciated.

El Maximo
01-10-2005, 12:22 PM
You can combine several ids by using the alias function. Check the pokertracker forum on how to do this.

WarDekar
01-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks, how about tourney summaries?

El Maximo
01-10-2005, 12:35 PM
I use pokertracker to auto-import hands while playing. This is because I am using playerview and want a hand to hand pfr and VP$IP stat. To get the entire tournemant summary I just import the party summary they send in an e-mail. I never do it manually.

WarDekar
01-10-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm not entirely sure why it's a problem for PT to import my hand histories from my computer. It says it has something to do with the Summaries that it doesn't know the final results of the tournament, such as what places everyone went out in, the buy-in, fee, etc. Shouldn't those be included in the hand histories stored on my computer?

El Maximo
01-10-2005, 12:49 PM
You might want to try the poker tracker forum. I do think PT auto-import will generate a tourney summary. This is done when you import the tournament summary from your e-mail. You can enter it manually but that is such a pain.

bxpeter
01-10-2005, 04:34 PM
The problem is that party does not create a tournament summary onto your hard drive. You can only request it by e-mail. It records all of the hands you play but retains no info on who won the tourneys.

WarDekar
01-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Is it possible to request tournament summaries from Party after they're over? I have about 1,000 SNGs I'd like to have in PT but none in my e-mail...

J-Lo
01-10-2005, 07:46 PM
how do u import hand histories from your HDD? I've tried but PT says it can't figure out which site the hand histories are from