PDA

View Full Version : Ak from Partypoker 30+3 dollar level1

zaphod
01-09-2005, 10:01 PM
I know i played this hand badly, but how should i have played it?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t725)
Button (t770)
SB (t960)
BB (t800)
UTG (t640)
Hero (t800)
UTG+2 (t1075)
MP1 (t950)
MP2 (t495)
MP3 (t785)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t125</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls t125, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls t125, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (t397.50) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t397.50) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checks.

River: (t397.50) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t50</font>, Button calls t50, Hero calls t50.

Final Pot: t547.50

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ks Ah (high card, ace).
MP1 has 8c Qc (one pair, queens).
Button has Kh Qd (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Button wins t547.50. </font>

K C
01-09-2005, 10:09 PM
I know a lot of people would have followed your PFR with leading at the flop with this, and with only 2 opponents, it wouldn't been a bad move really. It's not so bad really to check it through either, although in doing this, if an A or K comes up and now you're betting, you're going to be pretty easy to read (assuming these opponents are actually doing any that is).

However, what really stands out is your check and call at the river. I have no idea why you called with nothing here. If you were going to throw any money at this pot, it would be to lead at it in order to bluff the other 2 out, but I'm not sure this was a good move considering you have to worry about queens and a flush now.

KC
http://kingcobrapoker.com

adanthar
01-09-2005, 10:13 PM
You have to bet this board - very unlikely they've caught any piece.

Raise less next time PF. 75 should do it.

microbet
01-09-2005, 10:47 PM
A combo of what they said, IMO.

If you are going to bet 125, which is a little large you should figure on betting if you just have overcards and a not very coordinated flop. If you bet less, like 75, you might just check/fold.

The 50 on the river was hoping for a miracle. Maybe toss it in if you have seen both of the players behave as they have and show down absolutely nothing.

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
01-09-2005, 11:02 PM
BET THE FLOP AFTER PRE-FLOP RAISE!!!!

Toly
01-09-2005, 11:44 PM
I agree with everything said above.

Basically, by raising pre-flop (especially that much), you have an advantage over the two players who called your bet going into the flop. After seeing such a rigged flop, you should bet big to protect your hand, because you want to win the pot right there. You don't want to give anyone free cards. Even if someone hit that flop, it will put a lot of pressure on his/her hand to call your big bet in the flop, seeing as how you were the pre-flop raiser too. It takes a stronger hand to call a raise, and even a stronger one to call a second big bet/raise.

On the other hand, if you check the flop, some players might see it as a weakness, even if you put a small bet. Then, they can bet or check the flop to get a free card. You either bet big or fold, in my opinion. By checking and calling, you lose the advantage you had pre-flop as well as the control of the hand.

It's a bit tricky to play AK when you don't hit the flop. If you are going to raise that much with AK pre-flop, I suggest doing it only when you are in late position.

stanky
01-10-2005, 12:18 AM
same as the rest:

raise less preflop like 75-90 and take a shot at on the flop before you shut down.

-Pete

AA suited
01-10-2005, 12:51 AM
bet 60% pot on the flop. if called, you can do 1 of 2 things:
1) check/fold on turn + river
2) fire again and bet 60% pot on turn

depends on how agressive you are and how comfortable you are to risk your $30 entry fee.

On river, check/fold u you didnt hit anything.

zaphod
01-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Yep, I have to agree with you here. I should bid on the flop here. I would have automatically bid against one opponent, but two scared me. I guess my fear had something to do with the fact that i was having a bad run this day.

Don't worry i will not bother you with any bad beatstorries, they where not that bad anyway.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So a bid of 175 would have been ok on this flop?

The biggest lessons for me is that it shows how a bad run seriously affects my play, and the lesson learned is that i should have noticed this before and not been playing this tournament.

My call on the river was a delayed christmas present for my opponents!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif