PDA

View Full Version : Very Fishy Game, Ideal Strategy

KingDan
01-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Playing some 1/2 stud high only .25 cent ante on pokerplex while clering a bonus.
Somewhere around 70% seeing 4th street.
What is the ideal strategy? I played tight as if there were no ante folding maybe my first 20+ hands. I thought waiting on a hand and then playing it very fast. I don't know how well I could read them because they can have almost anything under, and are inconsistent. I didn't want to bluff because they'd call down with almost anything.

How should I adapt to this structure? I dont know if playing tight with the high ante is still correct.

Note, when I did finally play a hand and started raising, I guess they had the brains to realize I hadn't played a hand yet and most got out of the way. Didn't keep one guy from calling me down with a gutshot straight draw though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Andy B
01-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Study the "Loose Games" section of 7CS4AP.

You don't want to play too tight. If you can get in for the bring-in, you can play speculative hands like small pairs and higher gapped straight draws and hope you get lucky. If the game is aggressive as well as loose, you'll have to stick to better starting hands.