PDA

View Full Version : $25 6-max. Bluff with 77

Sponger15SB
01-09-2005, 09:31 PM
On the button w/ 77. Folded to me, I raise to $2.

SB calls.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets $1. I call

Turn is a K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets $2 and I raise to $7

DBowling
01-09-2005, 11:24 PM
why not raise the flop? what do you do on the turn if a deuce falls off?

TrailofTears
01-09-2005, 11:30 PM
As counterintuitive as it may be for me to give advice to you in this area, I don't like the bluff. I just plain don't like bluffing at Party 25NL or 50NL but I would say you know the tables far better than I. I just seem to get called down with any piece of the flop so I just try to have something nice to show them at the SD. Ballsy bluff though.

- ToT

Sponger15SB
01-10-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same exact thing.

I was actually raising the turn no matter what unless a J or Q came off, then I'm not really sure what i'd do.

I guess I should have mentioned that earlier.

DBowling
01-10-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same exact thing.

I was actually raising the turn no matter what unless a J or Q came off, then I'm not really sure what i'd do.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good, so why not raise the flop?

Burno
01-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Sponger,

You need a solid bead on someone before attempting a bluff like this at 25NL. I would need to have a read that my opponent is a decent player AND he views me as tight/predictable. I know you get bored and antsy since you play so much, I do too, but bluffs like this are generally a poor play against an unknown at Party 25NL. Its boring as hell, but at 25NL, just go back to your old nut peddling ways. Save plays like this for higher games and live play.

Sponger15SB
01-10-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

sounds good, so why not raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

So there would be more money in the pot when he folded.

Duh.

DBowling
01-10-2005, 06:15 AM
lol i think youre joking, but i dunno.
His small bet on the flop looks like a draw, an underpair, or a monster. In that order.
Now if he has a draw, you should charge him. Same if he an underpair, you should be content to win the small pot because there are too many bad cards that could hit the turn, and i think that outweighs the extra $2 he will invest on the turn. And, if he has a monster, you should also find out sooner rather than later, so you have to invest less yourself.

Now on the turn, the K is a bad card. It shouldnt be a scare card for him (anymore than the rest of the board), so your fold equity did not improve, and it completed the only likely draw he might have (AT or T9)

Given that, i like the turn bet, i think you have to do it now, but it would have been better on the flop.

BTW, while responding to this post, i lost $55. [censored] you, bad luck mother fucker

Tilt
01-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Its an interesting line. Without a Jack its hard to call there. The line of the preflop raise, the flat call on the flop , and then the turn raise represents a number of hands - if im against you im worried about AK and AJ. Unless your table image is whacked, or your opponent is awful, youll get a laydown here often if he doesnt hold a Jack.

All that being said, I prefer bluffing with an out or two that is clean.

Sponger15SB
01-10-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if im against you im worried about AK and AJ. Unless your table image is whacked, or your opponent is awful, youll get a laydown here often if he doesnt hold a Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that is what I was going for, except the guy re-raised all in and I of course folded and he showed AT.

[ QUOTE ]

All that being said, I prefer bluffing with an out or two that is clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough.

DBowling
01-10-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
except the guy re-raised all in and I of course folded and he showed AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally called that /images/graemlins/grin.gif