PDA

View Full Version : Bad beat thread... post all your bad beats here

bigredlemon
01-09-2005, 09:24 PM
We've all been there. We were sure the pot was in our hands as you push all in on the flop, and yet something horribly unexpectable hits the turn and river, turning your dreams of riches to rags.

Since most of the forum is so sick of bad beat stories, we should have a thread for them. I find posting my or reading about bad beat stories is very therapeutic at relieving frustration and anger.

Since this thread is more about venting than poker strategy, I guess OOT is the best place for it.

I'll go first. Had my AA cracked by ATs. No slowplayinng either, I was putting in the last raise all along the way, and all pot-sized bets. He hits the flush on the river. (isn't that just too cliché?)

IggyWH
01-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Booooooooo... #1 rule of OTT - NO POKER TALK /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-09-2005, 09:26 PM
reading "bad beat" stories is a bad beat in itself.

bigredlemon
01-09-2005, 09:27 PM
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MelchyBeau
01-09-2005, 09:28 PM
My bad beat.

So my friend was going to drive out to San Diego with me, however after I make all the arangments and [censored], His boss decided to be a dick and not let him off. I will be driving 1600 miles by myself.

Melch

vulturesrow
01-09-2005, 09:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/prowlerslim/clown.jpg

bigredlemon
01-09-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]reading a worse suck out makes me feel like my 3-outter was just a coin flip /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[censored]
01-09-2005, 09:32 PM
no, no, no, NO!

ThaSaltCracka
01-09-2005, 09:48 PM
One time I was really stoned and I wanted to go to taco Bell to get some tacos. However, they had just closed 10 minutes prior. Now thats a bad beat.

bigredlemon
01-09-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One time I was really stoned and I wanted to go to taco Bell to get some tacos. However, they had just closed 10 minutes prior. Now thats a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
same thing happened to me once... except at leastI saved a bundle on my car insurance by calling Geico!

Oh yea.... thread backfire... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
01-09-2005, 09:54 PM
i was jerkin off and my mom walked in

thats a TERRIBLE BEAT.

j/k. never happened, but that would suck

brassnuts
01-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, one time... the manager of a Jack in a Box wouldn't serve me and my friends (like 20 people). So, one guy took a bag into the restroom, took a sh!t in it, and left it on a table in the middle of the seating area. Gives a whole new meaning to calling Jack in a Box, "Crap in a Sack."

mmbt0ne
01-09-2005, 10:53 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

thats a TERRIBLE BEAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, one of my friends had a story like this. So he's in his room doing his business and whatnot. Well, he hears his mom coming up the stairs, which are right next to his door, which he has left open like a moron. By the time he realizes where she is, he is "past the point of no return." So he just rolls over and unloads into his sheets as his mom's walking into the room.

Riskwise
01-09-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thats a TERRIBLE BEAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, one of my friends had a story like this. So he's in his room doing his business and whatnot. Well, he hears his mom coming up the stairs, which are right next to his door, which he has left open like a moron. By the time he realizes where she is, he is "past the point of no return." So he just rolls over and unloads into his sheets as his mom's walking into the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

so was he going to sleep and he had the covers pulled up so she didnt know, or was he just wackin' it out in the open?

mmbt0ne
01-09-2005, 10:57 PM
From what I understand, he was bare-assed laying on his stomach when she walked in.

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
01-09-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thats a TERRIBLE BEAT.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats nasty, that'll ruin your weekend for sure

PhatTBoll
01-09-2005, 11:36 PM
I've got you both beat.

I was spending the summer living in my frat house and taking summer classes. There were only like 4 or 5 guys living in this whole house, which gave it a pretty empty feeling. I woke up one afternoon really hungry, and I went to see if one of the guys wanted to grab some food. His door was slightly ajar, so I gave it a quick rap and pushed it open.
His girlfriend was lying on his bed, half-covered with bed sheets, and she was going at herself like no tomorrow. She was in full "O face" mode; no doubt as to what she was doing. I let out a quick gasp of surprise, then quickly walked back down the hallway to my room. As I was walking, I heard the door slam and lock behind me. I got back to my room and laughed for a good 20 minutes.
She already had a reputation for being a sketchy skank, so I had no problem with telling everybody I knew what had happened.

Now that was a bad beat...for her.

Rick Diesel
01-10-2005, 11:50 AM
but I didn't.

bigredlemon
01-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Busting out of the bubble all night. Pushing from a dominating position but always getting sucked out on. What a night. Catching the wife with a gardening hose is just marginally worse.

bigredlemon
01-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Arrggh... two bad beats in a row.

I flop the nut full house with KJ on KJJ flop. K pops on the turn for a slit pot. He had K8!!??

Next hand. I re-raise all in PF with AK, and gets called by AQ. Flop comes AQx!!??

Sponger15SB
01-16-2005, 01:53 AM
$100nl with $1-2 blinds and I've got 22 on the button.

Loose MP raises to $8 and I'm the only one that calls.

The flop is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP immediatly goes all in, and something in my heart told me he had nothing....so I make the call.

He turns up K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif! Ha! I knew I was right and I made the perfect read.

Turn was a J /images/graemlins/club.gif

River was a T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BAD [censored] BEAT!

Freakin
01-16-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a bad beat if you know it's coming... then it's just being stupid. It would be like if you have a pattern mapper, and you KNOW he's gonna suck out on your aces with 72o, and yet you continue to play...

God i hate bad beat threads...

Freakin

bigredlemon
01-30-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$100nl with $1-2 blinds and I've got 22 on the button.

Loose MP raises to $8 and I'm the only one that calls.

The flop is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP immediatly goes all in, and something in my heart told me he had nothing....so I make the call.

He turns up K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif! Ha! I knew I was right and I made the perfect read.

Turn was a J /images/graemlins/club.gif

River was a T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BAD [censored] BEAT!

[/ QUOTE ]that was the least funny thing i've ever read, and a blatant rip off of another thread

bigredlemon
01-30-2005, 06:46 AM
I have AA on the button. MP min raise to 200. I re-raise to 400. SB calls. BB re-raises all in 1000. MP re-raises to 1500. I push. SB calls all in.

They turn over 33, 66, and QQ. 3 hits the turn, and I'm left with 300. BB takes a massive lead with his set of 3s.

Next SNG. I raise 3xBB to 300. BB calls. Flop comes 88Qr. I bet 150. BB re-raises all in 800. I call, and flips over QTo. River hits a Q.

What a waste of an hour.

siccjay
01-30-2005, 07:23 AM
Tonight I tried to kiss this chick I been seeing and she said "it would complicate things" OH NO THE FRIEND ZONEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thats a bad beat

ThaSaltCracka
01-30-2005, 07:27 AM
^ now that is a bad beat.

daryn
01-30-2005, 07:28 AM
he had to give himself a good beat later because of it

Michael Davis
01-30-2005, 07:47 AM
My worst bad beat ever:

Bad Beat (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=1509422&amp;Fo rum=f20&amp;Words=urinal&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=15 09314&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=115&amp;daterange =1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=m&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bod yprev=#Post1509422)

siccjay
01-30-2005, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he had to give himself a good beat later because of it

[/ QUOTE ]

not yet

bigredlemon
02-05-2005, 04:38 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t725)
Button (t860)
Hero (t855)
BB (t595)
UTG (t915)
UTG+1 (t755)
UTG+2 (t755)
MP1 (t435)
MP2 (t1330)
MP3 (t775)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t30</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t122.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls t110, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t220</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls t95, UTG calls t95.

Flop: (t702.50) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Hero calls t535, UTG folds.

Turn: (t1237.50) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1237.50) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1237.50

to complete my 5th OOM in a row today

bigredlemon
02-08-2005, 03:08 AM
new worst bad beat ever....

AKh into a big pot. I flop two overcards and 4-flush draw. Huge pot... it was getting raised and re-raised, and I was holding the nuts. Then it [censored] discconnects! CRAP!

bigredlemon
03-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Went all in with top pair and a straight flush draw, and get called by someone with just one or two overcards, and maanges to hit it while missing my straight/flush. Must have been more than 10-1. Happened so many times tonite. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jason_t
03-17-2005, 02:13 AM
http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~tedor/survey_stfu.jpg