PDA

View Full Version : How comes ???

01-24-2002, 05:10 PM
I was watching a 15-30 game at PP today. 1 player won about 2500 within 2 hours of play with realy funny hands.

Example 1 Player limps with T6s UTG calls 2 raises cold and win a monsterpot catching his runnerrunner flush

Example 2 Same player :-) Calls a raise from UTG with 56o -- capping a 779 rainbowflop--raise the turn-bet when a 2 comes and of course catches the 8 on the river. Realy funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were more like that and i'm wondering how someone like that can win.

01-24-2002, 08:41 PM
On any given day ....

01-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Let's say you're a card room manager and John, a huge fish, mega-loser, is the star attraction in your 15-30 game. He actions up and fills the waiting list. People phone up to find out if he's in the game before they show up. John also dumps several grand a week and can afford to so long as he's having fun.

As the manager, exactly how far would you go to see that John stayed in action? Free food and beverage, a room, more or less anything you can provide is within reason.

Now grant yourself the power to secretly deal John a few extra winning hands. You'd likely do it. So does Paradise.

01-25-2002, 12:13 AM
"...i'm wondering how someone like that can win."

because poker ain't chess

01-25-2002, 12:12 PM
Please Doug, you have NEVER seen these kinds of plays in a B&M card room? I see them all the time. I was in a HE game at the Biloxi Grand with a player who called EVERY hand often cold calling two raises with utter crap and saw nearly every turn. Of course they are going pull one out of there ass once in a while and win a big pot and sometimes even have a good session. Do you also believe the B&M card room managers and dealers are manipulating the deck to give these players big cards at appropriate times?

Same phenomena, different settings, but to you one is obvious evidence of cheating and the other not.

01-26-2002, 12:43 AM
Try this spin then.

Assume Paraside is run by smart, bottom line motivated people. Their current largest expense by a country mile is attracting and keeping new players and thier money. My basic point is that not helping new players and weak players is just bad business. It's virtually a lock you won't get caught and it saves you a ton of money (all stolen from winning players).

Now you choose. Paradise is run by smart operaters that maximize their value OR it's run by honest morons.

01-26-2002, 04:20 AM
If they are caught and it would be quite easy if a disgruntled employee left with the 'goods' Paradise would stand to lose everything. They are making a mint now, why take the chance? It is not moronic to protect your investment and honeypot.

Paradise has the reputation and IMO the best software and variety of games and stakes and they are clearly in the lead in terms of players. The other sites are the ones who worry about attracting and keeping weak players, not Paradise. I've played nearly every day for months and there are new players in the games EVERY time I play. I keep pretty accurate logs and get EVERY hand history of every hand I play.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are out to get you.

01-29-2002, 07:47 PM
Every once and awhile there comes a day when the rabbit has the gun.

MS Sunshine

01-30-2002, 06:41 PM
And just why would I deal him a few extra winning hands if he was going to play anyway? I cannot see your logic there!!