PDA

View Full Version : Official "Eagles will lose" thread.

pudley4
01-09-2005, 08:52 PM
They won't.

[End thread]

(Is my credibility as a football prognistictor shot after today's game? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

AngryCola
01-09-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is my credibility as a football prognistictor shot after today's game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Since I happen to dislike the Eagles, I'm going to get crazy and state that the Vikings will win next week.

CCx
01-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Eagles will win by at least 10. Book it, then come back to this thread next Sunday around 4pm.

See you in Jacksonville /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
01-09-2005, 09:16 PM
ALL OF YOU ARE IDIOTS PICKING AGAINST THE EAGLES!! THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFC BY A LONG SHOT AND WITH PACKERS OUT, THEIR ONLY FORMIDABLE OPPONENT, ITS AN EASY TRIP TO THE SUPER BOWL. YOU VIKING FANS ARE IDIOTS AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE OUR OUTSTANDING SECONDARY (NO AL HARRIS FOR MOSS TO BEAT THEN MOON THE CROWD WHICH BTW WAS AWESOME). YOU GUYS WON'T SCORE MORE THAN 13 POINTS.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

CCx
01-09-2005, 09:17 PM
I didnt pick against the Eagles, did you read my post? I've been a rabid Eagles fan for 20+ years now, I wouldn't dream of it.

IggyWH
01-09-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ALL OF YOU ARE IDIOTS PICKING AGAINST THE EAGLES!! THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFC BY A LONG SHOT AND WITH PACKERS OUT, THEIR ONLY FORMIDABLE OPPONENT, ITS AN EASY TRIP TO THE SUPER BOWL. YOU VIKING FANS ARE IDIOTS AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE OUR OUTSTANDING SECONDARY (NO AL HARRIS FOR MOSS TO BEAT THEN MOON THE CROWD WHICH BTW WAS AWESOME). YOU GUYS WON'T SCORE MORE THAN 13 POINTS.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

First person to post in all-caps must be right. gg - end of thread.

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
01-09-2005, 09:28 PM
i wasnt talkin to you Ccx. ur my boy
im talkin to the douchebag that started this thread

CCx
01-09-2005, 09:30 PM
oh ok, it said you replied to me and i was like wtf is this guy thinking? LOL....go birds! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

pudley4
01-10-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You reading/reasoning skills match your typing skills. Are those classes that they forgot to teach you in special school???

wuwei
01-10-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sean Salisbury picked the Vikings over the Eagles. It's over.

CCx
01-10-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sean Salisbury picked the Vikings over the Eagles. It's over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Merril "Steelers" Hoge and his yellow tie picked the Eagles to finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs before the season started. He picked the Redskins to win the division.

More power to them, they're obviously experts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edge34
01-10-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, although I'm a Vikes fan, I'm going to hold off on the crazy prediction of a Vikings win IN Philly, but let's think for a second here.

A) The Eagles secondary is very good, but Daunte Culpepper isn't exactly to be overlooked. He played one hell of a game today and has played great all year. Its the defense that's let the team down a lot, and we all know that.

B) Eagles passing game minus T.O. may actually be WORSE than last year's passing game. Donovan will have to get a LOT done by himself if they intend to dominate like people seem to think they will. Who's his top receiver without TO? Brian Westbrook - the running back.

C) Philly has a history of losing in big games, like 3 straight NFC championship games. To be fair, the Vikes don't have a stellar record either, but the Eagles aren't exactly postseason perfection.

D) Running games are a push for both teams, if there's an edge it goes to the Vikes. Moe Williams won't be a factor next week, but the combination of Michael Bennett, Onterrio "Steal Of The Draft" Smith, and Daunte when he's out of the pocket is gonna make life tough for Jevon "The OTHER Freak" Kearse and the Philly front 7. Those D-backs are gonna have to be on top of their game if Randy's got his step back by Sunday.

Overall, Philly will probably win this game. But it isn't gonna be easy, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Purple pull off the upset over the NFC's top seed, which hasn't played a real game in a month.

-Edge

Edge34
01-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Semi-bump.

My picks for the divisional games:

Eagles over Vikes in a close one
Falcons over Rams - I think.

Steelers over Jets (walking away)
Colts over Pats. You heard me.

TimTimSalabim
01-10-2005, 02:51 AM
Remember how the Vikings played against the Washington defense? Plus, Eagles have an offense too even without TO. It's not going to be pretty. I don't mind laying double digits here.

CCx
01-10-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind laying double digits here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, the 9.5 point spread is not scaring me off in the least.

wuwei
01-10-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hit it two times... Yesterday, I speculated 6 points might be reasonable. The 10 points I just got is ridiculous.

CCx
01-10-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hit it two times... Yesterday, I speculated 6 points might be reasonable. The 10 points I just got is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that, maybe you can recoup your losses on another game /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nagoo81
01-10-2005, 02:35 PM
I was prepared to come into this thread with much fury and/or anger, but after reading it I am pleasantly surprised at the responses. I have to give credit to Edge who is a Vikings fan but knows enough to say that the Vikings are going to get smashed.

ps I hope Merril "I was the worst player in Tecmo Bowl" Hodge and Sean "I was the 2nd worst player in Tecmo Bowl" Salisbury get hurt some way.