PDA

View Full Version : basketball warriors under for the season question

10-22-2001, 07:32 PM
is there any reason not to bet the max on

Golden State Warriors Total Wins UNDER 25.5 -110 ???

thanks in advance.

10-22-2001, 08:46 PM
I can't think of a single good reason.. Unless they have the Grizzlies 26 times this season..

10-23-2001, 11:23 PM
Golden State went 17-65 last year. They were the #1 rebounding team in the NBA last year due in large part being 29th in FG %.

They were dead last in points allowed.

Most books have their over/under at about 23.5 so 25.5 (intertops?)is obviously a good number, that will soon change.

The Warriors had a good draft adding Richardson, Murphy, and Arenas. Youth however is historically counter productive to winning in the NBA. They will be starting Hughes at pg (38% fg) and he will probably continue to struggle, learning a new position. Hughes has obvious talent,but seems to hurt his team more than help?

Danny Fortson will help provide rebounding and toughness, is he healthy?

I like the under as well, they have some good young individual talent but lack team players, and veteran leadership. They will be looking to develop their young talent and this will cost them some wins. They will probably be a home dog against all western conference teams with the exception of Memphis and possibly Denver. Golden State is horrible on the road(6-35 last year).

I would get your bet down quickly as 500$ often moves these lines 10 cents.

Good luck

KT

10-23-2001, 11:52 PM
Going under on the wins when its this low is generally a tough spot unless the team has a bad attitude or gives up on the coach. I think they respect the coach and no one seems to be on a mission to get out of town like every good Clipper player in the past has been. Granted they aren't that talented, but with a good attitude you can beat a lot of teams that don't come out and play hard every night, especially in the second half of the season. Not to mention I think Hughes and Jackson are two solid up and coming players. They will develop further this year. You have to figure there is little chance this team wins fewer games than last year and at 17 wins, that is almost begging for a bounce back season as under 20 wins is fairly rare unless a team is truly horrible, which I don't think you can put this team in. This team to me figures to win between 20-30 games so I don't see much value in the bet either way.

10-24-2001, 01:13 AM
I like coach Cowens as well. I think Jackson is overrated, I don't like Centers that shoot 46% and block only .5 shots a game.He was a surprise last season, and with different expectations and a hefty contract he may struggle this year.

The Warriors don't need points from the center position, and may be stronger with Foyle (2.69 blks) protecting the paint. They already have a PG with a shoot first mentality who is an average ball handler at best(4.5 ass/ 3.0 to).Everyone on the team wants to score. I would like this team a lot better with a PG like Andre Miller. Hughes would be better at the SG but he cant shoot?

The Warriors were dead last in the NBA in points allowed!

For those of you that like the Warriors this year Carib sports has the O/U at 22.5 over -120 under even

KT