PDA

View Full Version : Comments

ISOP Admin
01-09-2005, 02:54 PM
This thread is for general comments about the upcomming ISOP.

thomastem
01-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Generally speaking general comments are not specific....but there are exceptions.

Hope this helps.

bunky9590
01-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Jeez. Put up the forum and tease me already. Can someone post some meaningful stuf in regards to it?

Fat Bottomed Girls
01-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Steven Punk should be Master of Ceremonies for the ISOP.

GrannyMae
01-18-2005, 06:14 PM
hi folks,

thanks for bearing with us on this. when it comes time for contracts to be signed etc, sometimes thing slow down a bit.

looks like first event will be played on sunday april 3rd. that much is a certainly. this forum will be live for 8 weeks prior to the first event, so that will leave plenty of time for everyone to become familiar with the ISOP and get signed up for that 1st event.

my first email to mason regarding this was at the end of july, 2004. as you can see, things like this take time. if we were going to be doing just any old series, we would have been launched by now. however, because of the size and scope of the ISOP, it is being handled very carefully. this is an event that will be here for years to come, and it is imperative that we get the first year right, even if this meant a delayed launch.

the site that is handling the inaugural event will be rolling this out in grand fashion, and it won't be too much longer before that happens.

we have been working around the clock on this. so much so that we have not even had the time to post an update. we are sorry about that. myself and jek (ISOP admin) will keep a close eye on this space if you have any questions.

thanks for your paitence.

bunky9590
01-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Appreciate the update, you come through as usual.

I'll see you there.

Yeti
01-19-2005, 07:33 PM
I guess you're not allowed to say, but Party or Pokerstars? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GrannyMae
01-19-2005, 10:06 PM
the first event is sunday, apri 3rd.

neither party nor pokerstars will be hosting this event. the complete line-up may not even be evident until a few weeks prior to the first event, but as sites are formally signed, they will be announced. on tuesday or wednesday of next week, this forum will undergo final contruction. when this happens, all of the deatils will make more sense.

when the forum is reconstructed early next week, we will also be announcing the site that has signed for the Inaugural Event and the Championship event. As we approach the first event, we will continue to identify the Sponsors, and within a couple of weeks of the first event, all of the Sponsors will be identified and they will have their own section within this forum.

as i said, it will become more clear next week. the delay has been caused by our dedication to launch bug-free. this is something we were adamant about going into this, but this obsessive desire to do it right will pay off for the players and the sponsors in the long run.

also slowing things down is mason's agent who is insisting on us providing mason a seasonal fruit basket for him to enjoy while watching final tables throughout the season. we had to draw the line on all of these perks he has been demanding from us.

the fruit basket was the line.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/3/nono.gif

DblDownTrent
01-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the update.

Cleveland Guy
01-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Is it pokeroom?

They are having their GrandII around the same time, or is that just a coincidence?

Sorry, but I can't remember the exact dates of the Grand II

GrannyMae
01-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Is it pokeroom?

lol, not it is not. if you guys keep asking, it will be revealed by process of elimination. nice one CG! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

i'm glad you posted this tho. it reminds me to get jek back on PR duty when he gets back from vegas. we had some great early feedback from PR and certainly hope they are on the final roster. jek is in vegas (or on the way). i understand he has a date with mason for tomorrow night and that angers granny. mason is supposed to call me on friday nights and we talk dirty for hours, but i guess he found a better date.

hmmm, come to think of it, will anyone be in vegas and willing to spy on them for me? i figure an adjacent booth will do it. will pay extra for a recording because i know they are going to say nasty things about me.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/p/2talk.gif

Shoe
01-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Is it UB?

_2000Flushes
01-21-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i figure an adjacent booth will do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Booth? Don't you mean stall?

-2kF

fnord_too
01-21-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it UB?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing paradise for two reasons:

It's one of the oldest (I think) and Granny has had good relations with them for a long time (again, I think)
and
I don't have an account there yet

TexBigSlick
01-21-2005, 01:41 PM
I was going to guess Paradise as well for many of the same reasons, until I went back to read a post from Granny back on January 12th....

[ QUOTE ]

we are quite pleased with the developments of this last week. we will be making an announcement this weekend, but we are thrilled to report that we have partnered with an incredible site to handle the first event and the championship event. we will discuss the reasons that this is the best fit ever when we post the official news.

also, we have received commitment from paradise for a monthly event (which you all know makes Granny moist because we can now boast free hotdogs for the ISOP players that month. proper nutrition will be important if you make it deep into the money). this commitment was secured today, and added to the commitments from all the other top notch sites we have already signed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me think the "incredible site to handle the first event and the championship event" and "also, we have received commitment from paradise for a monthly event...." are different sites.

Oh...and the answer is....Full Tilt!

GrannyMae
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Oh...and the answer is....Full Tilt!

finally!! someone with reasoning power!!
(but it is not full tilt, though we hope they take a monthly event)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/upset.gif

fnord_too
01-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I usually only skim Granny's posts unless they are short. I can only read so many words a day, and OOT claims most of them.

TexBigSlick
01-21-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(but it is not full tilt, though we hope they take a monthly event)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/upset.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, too bad. I was already visualizing playing against Granny's custom Full Tilt Avitar....causing her to show the "angry" emotion after my suck out!

jasonHoldEm
01-21-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alas, too bad. I was already visualizing playing against Granny's custom Full Tilt Avitar....causing her to show the "angry" emotion after my suck out!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...now that would be cool.

Khaos337
01-21-2005, 06:32 PM
How will stats be tracked?? Suppose you have different user names on different poker rooms??

jasonHoldEm
01-21-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How will stats be tracked?? Suppose you have different user names on different poker rooms??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Khaos,

Good question, this topic was discussed in the original announcement thread (which was in a different forum and is now buried). Here is a link to answer your question (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=1421456&Forum= All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=13922 19&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=42&daterange=1&n ewerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post1421456)

Welcome to the forums,
J

Shoe
01-21-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm sticking with my original story, and claiming that it is UB until I hear otherwise from Granny. It makes sense to me, it is the only major site left that has not been ruled out (that i know of). Party, Paradise, Stars have all been ruled out.

ISOP Admin
02-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Paradise

Paradise is a confirmed Charter Sponsor for the ISOP season one. i think they have the November spot. i don't have my calendar in front of me.
(indicating of course that this is granny making the reply. jek would have the info in front of him)

Pepsquad
02-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Any chance you guys could approach Royal Vegas with the prospect of sign-up bonuses for new clients specifically joining for the ISOP?

Pep.