PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

ISOP Admin
01-09-2005, 02:52 PM
What would you like to see (or not see) in the ISOP?

Graham
01-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Other games.

It was mentioned in the other thread and I know you've got only HE planned for this year though, but what about a smaller parallel series of events: PLO, Limit O8, Limit HE, PLO8, Stud, Stud8. PLus the other stuff like Razz, Lowball etc. Sites have these games and I'm sure plenty of folk would like to prove themselves the best at these events.

GrannyMae
01-09-2005, 05:44 PM
i have not chimed in on this other game discussion. however, you folks make some good points.

year one will be NLHE for all events. in year two we will introduce a PL event and a Limit event. Perhaps the PL event will be PLO/8 to get the high low players an event and the Omaha Players as well.

as far as a stud event, or any other exotics (please don't scream at me for classifying stud as an exotic. i am fully aware that it came first with popularity), we will discuss adding additional events in year 2.

we can see that we would have been able to fill a larger schedule for this first year. some sites are willing to take 2 or 3 months. we will capitalize on this in year 2 and perhaps have it cover 15 events plus a finals.

from the standpoint of the sponsors, we would not expect any of them to take a NON-nlhe event this first year as this may put them at a disadvantage considering nlhe is the tourney of choice these days. for instance, while i love the idea of a stud event, i think that would have been a hard one to get sponsored in this first season. next season there will nothing that is hard to get scheduled.

keep the comments coming folks. this is the place for it and they will be noted.

thx graham

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/byebye.gif

TylerD
01-09-2005, 07:27 PM
No disconnect protection & a time bank.

eastbay
01-09-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A structure that isn't a preflop all-in crapshoot.

eastbay

FrankLu99
01-09-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Other games.

It was mentioned in the other thread and I know you've got only HE planned for this year though, but what about a smaller parallel series of events: PLO, Limit O8, Limit HE, PLO8, Stud, Stud8. PLus the other stuff like Razz, Lowball etc. Sites have these games and I'm sure plenty of folk would like to prove themselves the best at these events.

[/ QUOTE ]
in addition to those games i would like to see commentary by lederer. maybe expose the whole cards of the final table after it has been completed. maybe add in a few extra deposit bonuses for each site too. getting shana hiatt to host would not be a bad idea.

GrannyMae
01-09-2005, 08:03 PM
add in a few extra deposit bonuses for each site too.

fo SHO' we have encouraged this. depo bonuses to coincide with the site's event is a marketing no-brainer

Awesemo
01-09-2005, 10:27 PM
I don't really see what is going to make the ISOP tournaments different from just normal tournaments. Are more people going to play in a MTT at some medium sized site like the Gaming Club just because it is the ISOP? Are the buyins for these tournaments going to be higher than normal online tournaments?

FrankLu99
01-09-2005, 11:48 PM
HU NL tournament
mixed games tournament (eg 1/2 HE, 1/2 Stud)

$1k multirebuy/addon winner take all. chat off, no deals allowed. hahaha

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

yoshi_yoshi
01-10-2005, 12:29 AM
With regards to the whole variety of games thing, here is a potentially dumb idea (though I think it's good of course).

Since it's going to be something like $1000+50 and you expect ~2000 players at each event, why not take a certain percentage of that and have a freeroll each month relating to the ISOP. Everyone who bought into that month's event can claim a ticket to that freeroll (though they don't have to).

For example, if you are holding the Feb event at Pokerstars with 2000 participants, make a $5000 PLO freeroll (5% of total vig). While that may not be a lot of money to the participants, someone will get their claim to fame as being the champion of PLO for the 2005 ISOP.

To further my suggestion, I would say that the freerolls should be heavily top-structured, so that no prize is less than, say, $500 or something.

Regards,
John

GrannyMae
01-10-2005, 01:10 AM
what makes ANY tournament different from any other tournament?

but yes, the buy-ins are high for the main events while it will be mostly satellite driven.

TylerD
01-10-2005, 05:15 AM
I second the mixed game suggestion (for future years).

Sheriff Fatman
01-10-2005, 06:17 AM
I'd suggest there needs to be a 'no deals' policy on all tournaments.

This is not because I'm against dealmaking, particularly in high stakes tournaments, but because each site has different policies with regard to them - some allow them, some don't. I think allowing deals at some sites and not others (under their standard policies) would devalue the overall event.

Also, I'd love to see some sort of attempt made to stop blatant stalling in the later stages of events, although I'm not sure how you'd enforce this other than having a live TD monitoring this and taking action where necessary.

Sheriff

thomastem
01-10-2005, 11:39 AM
A stable for my critters.

If my goat and sheep are wondering around I get distracted as I worry I will lose them like I did my chicken. Now if my bison in heat or Phil the crazed cross dressing cow decide they want to mingle......well let's just say they are much harder to kidnap than my chicken is.

Big Mac
01-10-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Other games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I asked if they could start a ladies circuit where they play these games and drink creme soda.

Keep Go fish and Old Maid away from the real men that play NO LIMIT HOLD'em. I wanna be able to plop my fat ass down in front of pc, down a few Big Macs, and play a man's game.

Perhaps we need to start the estrogen forum for the ladies that want to play Omaha Hi/Blow? I for one don't sit when I take a leak.

thrillhouse7
01-10-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I for one don't sit when I take a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, when I bring my laptop in the bathroom with me. Easier than standing and I don't have to miss any hands.

Big Mac
01-10-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I for one don't sit when I take a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, when I bring my laptop in the bathroom with me. Easier than standing and I don't have to miss any hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is cool, I never said I had anything against women.

eurythmech
01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and I don't have to miss any hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I feel more satisfied when I DO manage to miss my hands while taking a leak.

GrannyMae
01-10-2005, 05:21 PM
I'd suggest there needs to be a 'no deals' policy on all tournaments.

i REALLY like this Sheriff, but i know i will be vetoed. i pledge to raise the debate on making this a policy in year 2, but there is no chance we can demand this until season one is over, then we will ask you guys for input regarding this for season 2.

there's gonna be a ton of dough on the tables, so it is tough to tell them what to do with their own money. however, with our planned radio coverage, it sure would make for better entertainment with a no chop policy.

great suggestion imo, and we will explore it further.

50outs
01-11-2005, 03:04 AM
I think a centralized registration and cashier would make much sense. While the unavailability of your prefered screen name may not be a big thing I see that there are certain deposit limits. At least these will prevent someone from buyin directly so he got to play the satellites. For me personally that could be a "no-go" criteria as I am not going to open an account and deposit the maximum amount (like 600$ or something) and still have not guaranteed my participation.

So, a centralizied site/database/cashier could be the best to come around these problem. Far from possible I would say with your apparent "non-profit" (lol) organization. Why the hell nobody bought isop.com, installed up a registration software, get some 10,000 players to register (should be easy for 2+2) and THEN approach the sites? Your force would have multiplied... even without a centralizied cashier.

Just my 50 cents.
Hit your outs.

Jan "50outs"

RPMick
01-11-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think T Shirts, hats, etc. would be a good idea to spread the word. Send them out to all the participants or sell them via some online media. Sites could also take advantage of this and get their logo on the shirts for their individual event.

I think it's a no brainer from a marketing stand point.

-Ryan

Sheriff Fatman
01-11-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i REALLY like this Sheriff, but i know i will be vetoed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny

Its a pity that this is the case. Given the amounts involved I can see all the events which allow deals to be made being decided this way. The money is just too big for your average internet satellite qualifier to want to risk missing out on.

A bigger problem might be the response on the sites where deals aren't allowed. I'm sure that people will try and work out ways to do them anyway and it only takes one broken promise or accusation of chip dumping/collusion for the whole thing to get dragged into the mud, which might not be good for ISOP.

Either that, or someone will whinge that they lost out because they weren't allowed to deal on Site A but would have been allowed to do so in the same event on Site B.

Sad maybe, but I fear its an inevitability! If there's no way of reaching a common stance then I think, at the very least, the individual site's policy on deals needs to be made clear before the event.

Sheriff

The4Aces
01-11-2005, 09:23 AM
i dont see whats wrong with chops. Tournys are for the players not for the spectators.

fnord_too
01-11-2005, 11:16 AM
For all us who also like "exotic" games, too, how about making these things more like a series or tournies each month culminating in the big one. Like the week before the 1k buy in have a nightly 200-500 buy in even. At all of the big B&M events I have heard of, they have a bunch of smaller tournies leading up to them. I know that there are logistic reasons that make that more appealing at land based tournies, but this could give the feel of a major event and placate those of us who would also like to play in some other types of tournies.

Sheriff Fatman
01-11-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont see whats wrong with chops. Tournys are for the players not for the spectators.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about this being for the spectators' benefit? My point is that, as these tournaments are falling under the 'ISOP' banner, the rules on deals should be consistent across all of them. Some sites do not allow deals to be struck in their tournaments and are unlikely to be able to handle being forced to do so for one event. Therefore, the only consistent rule which could realistically be applied is a no deal policy.

The whole point of this suggestion is to ensure players know the score, as the issue of deals is bound to come up at each event. Knowing what the decision is in advance of the tournament is a policy for the benefit of the players, not the railbirds.

Sheriff

TylerD
01-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Preventing deals with such a large amount of money at stake does seem to be in the best interest of the players. A consistent method for arranging and overseeing the deal making process would be welcome though.

ISOP Admin
01-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Sheriff and Tyler,

I agree with you guys, and see a priority list that goes something like this:
1) Deals allowed at all sites, fully assisted by management.
2) Deals are not allowed at all sites.
3) Deals are allowed at the sites' discretion, but must be posted clearly.
4) Deals are allowed at the sites' discretion, and nobody knows if you can or not until it's tried.

Once the lineup is finalized, and I have the ears of the TDs at each site, I'll get to work on this. I'll start of course pushing for #1, but that may or may not fly. However, I'm optimistic I can at least get #2.

ISOP Admin
01-11-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like the week before the 1k buy in have a nightly 200-500 buy in even. At all of the big B&M events I have heard of, they have a bunch of smaller tournies leading up to them. I know that there are logistic reasons that make that more appealing at land based tournies, but this could give the feel of a major event and placate those of us who would also like to play in some other types of tournies.

[/ QUOTE ]

If/when we expand games next year, this is one format we'll consider.

ISOP Admin
01-11-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think T Shirts, hats, etc. would be a good idea to spread the word. Send them out to all the participants or sell them via some online media. Sites could also take advantage of this and get their logo on the shirts for their individual event.

I think it's a no brainer from a marketing stand point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, and this is actually something we're getting the ball rolling on. I really like your idea of unique apparell for each event.

ISOP Admin
01-11-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While the unavailability of your prefered screen name may not be a big thing I see that there are certain deposit limits. At least these will prevent someone from buyin directly so he got to play the satellites. For me personally that could be a "no-go" criteria as I am not going to open an account and deposit the maximum amount (like 600$ or something) and still have not guaranteed my participation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the sites are not going to allow their deposit limits to interfere with direct buy-ins. There may be a moderate inconvenience (like having to deposit $600 then $400) but I can't see them putting obstacles in their own way.

[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell nobody bought isop.com, installed up a registration software, get some 10,000 players to register (should be easy for 2+2) and THEN approach the sites? Your force would have multiplied... even without a centralizied cashier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we already have 21k+ registered users here, plus a similar number of lurkers, we didn't deem that necessary.

GrannyMae
01-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Why the hell nobody bought isop.com, installed up a registration software, get some 10,000 players to register (should be easy for 2+2) and T

lol

certainly you jest, right?

tell you what, i challenge you to do this with 100 players from here, much less 10,000

Ritter
01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Apologies if this has been addressed previously, but I would suggest being careful about having tournements at any other Party Poker skin besides Party itself.

Empire has prohibited me from opening an account due to the fact that I have an active Party account and are insisting that I close my Party account to open up at Empire and I just don't want to go to the trouble.

illunious
01-12-2005, 02:06 AM
Final table hand histories/replays with all the hole cards.

I think someone suggested this before.

WSOP fans already expect final table holecams, it's what made poker huge (and would make ISOP huge).

Off topic, I'd kill to see high stakes games with all the hole cards... lucky poker site admins /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wall_st
01-12-2005, 04:32 AM
I haven't seen this posted else where , Will the tournaments have antes built into the structure ?

RPMick
01-12-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you, and this is actually something we're getting the ball rolling on. I really like your idea of unique apparell for each event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to piggy back on this thought, limited apparell for participating in each event would be neat as well. Always nice to have something nobody else can get, and it adds an awe factor.

-Ryan

50outs
01-12-2005, 09:26 AM
I know you got a broad base of registered users. Maybe you got me wrong, I was talking about (or at least meaning) a registration process for the actual tournament (series). What do you think would party say if you have 20k registered players that have already agreed on playing a 1k event on the first Sunday in February? Let you down? I highly doubt that. I wish your upcoming list of sites includes Party as the major partner (most important the final event partner) as this would almost guarantee the ISOP to be winner. I like the idea and will be playing but I doubt the approach, sorry. If you prove me wrong nobody would be happier than me (except 2+2 maybe /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Anyway, all the best!

Jan "50outs"

50outs
01-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Honestly, I could not get 10 players to register. I assumed that you are counting on your 2+2 user base as you putted all informations here. If you spread the word here and ask for support and have the open coverage from Mason+Co. I believe you would have gotten many registrations. Partner up with Cardplayer (no clue if this would have been possible) and there would have been thousands of registrations - or so I believe.

I admit that I have thought only 30 seconds before posting while you may have done so for weeks or even months so when you say all was considered and you came out with the best (or only possible) approach I'll buy it.

I wasn't trying to insult just fast shooting from the hip what I thought :-)

Jan "50outs"

theblitz
01-12-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Empire has prohibited me from opening an account due to the fact that I have an active Party account and are insisting that I close my Party account to open up at Empire and I just don't want to go to the trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true only if you wish to use the same name for the account on both sites.
Try adding something to the end of the name on Empire.

GrannyMae
01-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I wasn't trying to insult just fast shooting from the hip what I thought :-)

oh goodness! i knew you were not trying to insult. i was just answering like granny always does. anyway, the point is that we can't get poker players, especially this bunch, to pre-plan and commit to anything beyond their morning monkey-spank.

your idea is a great one and would be used in a perfect world.

ok, a little progress report here.

we are quite pleased with the developments of this last week. we will be making an announcement this weekend, but we are thrilled to report that we have partnered with an incredible site to handle the first event and the championship event. we will discuss the reasons that this is the best fit ever when we post the official news.

also, we have received commitment from paradise for a monthly event (which you all know makes Granny moist because we can now boast free hotdogs for the ISOP players that month. proper nutrition will be important if you make it deep into the money). this commitment was secured today, and added to the commitments from all the other top notch sites we have already signed.

things could not be looking better.

this final line-up will be a group of sites that will have the ability, through this partnership, to make the ISOP an event that will forever be a part of poker's landscape. not just online poker, but poker in general.

there are still details to iron out and still deals to close, but we are on the eve of launching the ISOP, and the final product will be a wonder to behold. the best part of it is that the ISOP is a concept that was born in the 2+2 community, will be staffed within the 2+2 community, and will be a group effort of staggering proportions.

from the audio commentary to the tournament director, from the tournament reporters to the operational issues, this is going to be all 2+2. the ISOP may have david, mason, and ray's mug slapped on it for tv commercials or print ad outside of this community, but they are just our trained monkeys. more like mascots that we will use to bring the little fishies to our tourneys.

the hard work and involvement of the community will be something that will brand this place as the genesis of online tournaments the likes of which have never been imagined.

thanks to everyone for your feedback and paitence. this is going to be a fun year. as a matter of fact, i am openly placing a $750 bounty on mason's head in the first tournament he can play. we hope the three can play in many of them, but that's going to be determined by schedules and availability. however, the first mason malmuth elimination in his first isop event will come with a cool $750 prize. the only condition is that the player who snuffs our grand POO-bah was a registered member of 2+2 before the tourney's first hand is dealt. massacre him with the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and you get an extra $750 for a total of $1,500. woooooooo

finally, i don't want to jinx anything with a progress report on Party, but this weekend we hope to be able to fill in the blanks in regards to the final schedule as well as naming most if not all of the site sponsors. we are certainly hoping that Party is on this final list, and i encourage all who feel the same to write an email to support and let them know this. they have, as you all know, the PPM and many other promotions, so we have asked that they simply take a monthly event, and that is what we are working toward.

again, our flagship site is perhaps the greatest fit between a tournament and a sponsor since benny binion invited his friends to crown a world champ. between securing them for our "bookend" events, and the firm commitments from the rest of our super star, site line-up, the ISOP could not fail even if granny dropped dead on a virtual poker table.

stay tuned!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/p/dialog.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/p/dialog.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/p/dialog.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/p/dialog.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/p/dialog.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/p/dialog.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/p/dialog.gif

TylerD
01-13-2005, 12:37 PM
TV commercials???? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ritter
01-13-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is true only if you wish to use the same name for the account on both sites.
Try adding something to the end of the name on Empire.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually blocked me due to my street address and Neteller account being the same as my Party account.

Big Mac
01-14-2005, 11:51 AM
We need a G-string babe to flash/walk across the screen announcing the new level. .

This is borrowed from boxing but those that wish to take issue can kiss my fat ass.

theblitz
01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
That's weird because I did manage to open both though I never got round to using my Empire account.

jigad
01-14-2005, 08:37 PM
If there's going to be radio coverage, can it also be in the form of downloadable mp3s for those of us who want to podcast?

GrannyMae
01-14-2005, 10:14 PM
does this mean "will there be archives?"

if so, the answer is yeppers

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/djsmile.gif

Graham
01-18-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We need a G-string babe to flash/walk across the screen announcing the new level. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, a sensible suggestion. I like this one.

slogger
01-20-2005, 06:28 PM
I understand that the logistics of an event that lasts more than 12-14 hours are problematic, but I think ISOP Admin. should focus on pushing tourney host sites to extend the duration of the each level and the starting stack-to-blind ratios to the max.

Perhaps something in the range of:
2500 chips (roughly 5M chips in play)
Blinds starting @ 25/50, and escalating on a softer curve than the standard online game.

This is one way I think the ISOP games could be seen as unique (not just another internet tourney, as one poster put it).

Thanks for all the hard work Grannie and Co.!

illunious
01-21-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny, please comment on this.

GrannyMae
01-21-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny, please comment on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi guys,

we certainly hope to be able to offer an archived replayer, perhaps with audio commentary from any final table player who would agree to help in the production. So yes, not only will we try for something basic, we will try and do it up right.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/rockband.gif

Tuco
01-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Well, the main reason I, and others that I know, do not play in party MTT's that much is the ridiculously flat payout table, and to a lesser extent the blind structure. I hope that the ISOP will be different, in that the adminstrators can dictate the payout schedule.

The payouts are WAY too flat and I don't see them changing this anytime soon. Its a shame nothing can be done about this, as it essentially ruins the entire event.

Tuco.

Khaos337
01-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I agree... a large stack size and long blind levels are VERY important factors

DblDownTrent
01-27-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

ricochet420
01-28-2005, 10:11 PM
I agree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

DonButtons
01-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Will party poker be holding any of these??

gsyme
01-30-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I antidisagree.

theblitz
01-30-2005, 08:06 PM
I notice that the October event is scheduled for the 2nd.
This may be a selfish request but the 2nd of October is the Jewish New Year and thus will prevent many of us from participating.

Any chance of a change?

Player12345
01-30-2005, 08:25 PM
holiday is on the 4th i think.

theblitz
01-30-2005, 08:31 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

That's what happens when you stay up late at night (it's 2:30 a.m. here).

Misread my calendar!

It's on the Monday night - not the Sunday night.

Please excuse me while I crawl away and hide under a stone

Stoneii
02-01-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hide under a stone

[/ QUOTE ]

hey !!!

stoneii