PDA

View Full Version : AKo with a couple of "all in" early?

willperkins
01-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Please offer your advice as to the proper play:

True Poker $10 SNG (Blinds 7/15)

Hero dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG (t1353)
UTG1 (t1194)
UTG2 Hero (t778)
MP1 (t1916)
C/O (t680)
Button (t701)
SB (t486)
BB (t892)

Preflop:

UTG: folds
UTG1: calls t15
Hero: raises t60
UTG2: calls t60
MP1: raises "all in" t1916
C/O: folds
Button: folds
SB: calls "all in" t486
BB: folds
UTG1: folds

Pot is now: t2559.

Hero?

Big Limpin'
01-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Meh. its tough. i think mucking isn't bad, and calling inst bad.

What i DID notice is that its level 1, but the stack sizes are all over the map....clearly this is a lively game...so in that sence, you are porbably going to see at least ONE of them flip a ace-face that you dominate. But, theres probably a PP in there too.

Do you think anyone would PUSH with AA/KK when the BB is T15? i doubt it. so the first push is probably not dominating your AK.

anyhoo, its your call, i know i have been in this situation many times, and folded some, called some. more the latter.

Best case: you are against AQ and AJ
Worst case: one of them has AA/KK

Most likely: one has a PP QQ or below, the other has either another PP, or a AQ type hand.

your are getting 2-1 on your money, and i doubt you will have less than 33% equity in the pot when the cards are flipped, so sure,go for it.

Big Limpin'
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah, it sucks when one of em also has AK.

AK vs AK vs QQ...you have 4 live outs to chop the pot.

U235
01-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Reads are huge here, and you should have them considering MP1 has won a bunch of chips and SB has lost a bunch.

That having been said, considering these players have been seen to be active at this low level, I think this is an easy call. Pocket pairs seem likely, and you are getting odds to spike an A or K.