PDA

View Full Version : AKs HU 15/30 raggy board

kurosh
01-09-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm in MP. UTG+1 limps. I raise with AK/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Folds to UTG+1 who calls.

Read on her: Very loose-passive PF. Standards are any 2 suited. Post-flop, she's insane. Completely erratic behavior. Sometimes passive, sometimes aggressive, she has shown down both nothing and monster hands with both types of behavior. However, if she's bluffing, she will stop if someone plays back at her.

Flop is: 2 5 5 with 1 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

She bets, I call.

Turn: 7 completeing the rainbow

She bets, I call.

River: J

She bets, I call.

MarkD
01-09-2005, 02:21 PM
This play looks fine to me against this opponent. It's how I would play it.

JimmyV
01-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Unexceptionable.

JimmyV

willie24
01-09-2005, 04:21 PM
if she always stops bluffing when you play back at her, you could raise the flop, bet the turn and check/call the river, folding to a 3 bet on the flop.

this is probably only marginally better than what you did, and maybe worse if your read is not perfect. you're making money either way.

TStoneMBD
01-09-2005, 05:10 PM
willie, i disagree with you entirely. why raise her when shell keep firing bluffs at you? you cant get a better hand to fold anyway. the money you gain from inducing bluffs is far better than the amount of times you protect from being outdrawn.

willie24
01-10-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why raise her when shell keep firing bluffs at you? you cant get a better hand to fold anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can see your overcard draw for less when you are drawing. you can charge more when you hit an overcard- without much risk of losing to trips, you can protect your hand when you are ahead (and she may call you down with a worse hand), and you can safely fold when behind.

if you really think she either no pair or trips most of the time, his line is right. i would suspect she has 1 pair more often than either.