PDA

View Full Version : Sooooo hard to laydown....you guys lay this down?

boondockst
01-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Well not hard to laydown, but the worst board to see come up...

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($33.05)
UTG+1 ($13.39)
MP1 ($5.70)
MP2 ($2.85)
MP3 ($9.45)
CO ($12.05)
Button ($33.75)
SB ($15.15)
Hero ($15.01)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, UTG calls $0.30, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.90

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. UTG wins $5.90.
UTG shows Ac 2h
</font>

What do you put jerko on with a $5 bet? Ace weak kicker and doesn't want me to draw? the nut straight and doesn't want me to catch a flush?

Not questioning if i lay this down btw...

DBowling
01-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Easiest lay down you could make. It would be hard if you held K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Its tough to put villian on a hand. He could be trying to protect a set or a flopped straight, or semi bluffing with x/images/graemlins/heart.gifAo

boondockst
01-09-2005, 09:37 AM
again, i misttitled the thread...you see my first line was "not that hard, etc. but what a board"

Just couldn't figure what the $5 bet meant...

I'd love to hear more opinions on what the $5 bet signifies....Player has had good luck at table so far...He's up $25 at 0.05/0.10 in an hour and a half....not too aggressive but loves seeing flops

So assume i had QJo on that board....or the Kh x you mentioned....how do you play this?

Wanna be ready for an ugly board like that next time around....

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-09-2005, 09:37 AM
i can let go here. If i had the Kh i would very much like to take off a card or 2.

boondockst
01-09-2005, 09:41 AM
What if you had say....the 10h..

say.....Qc 10h....call that $5 bet?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-09-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What if you had say....the 10h..

say.....Qc 10h....call that $5 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. You would have reverse implied odds in this situation the great majority of the time.

boondockst
01-09-2005, 09:45 AM
seeing the rags the bettor had Ac 2h or whatever...you actually would be favored in the hand....that change your mind at all?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-09-2005, 10:00 AM
If he had the Kh he would have 14 outs, but he is a 49.6% dog. Like i said, if i had the Kh i wouldnt be to eager to fold.

Charlemagne
01-09-2005, 12:12 PM
This is my first post, so don't be to hard on me now. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

It's obviously an easy fold as it is, but u knew that allready.

Even if i had an K/images/graemlins/heart.gif i wouldn't call. Simply because it's a major overbet. $5 is just way to much. I wouldn't call with nothing but the nut flush. Wich is exactly why the guy made a terrible play.

Even with that K/images/graemlins/heart.gif your just a bit shy of 50-50 at best. He probably has something like a straight or a flush, meaning trips couldn't save your ass no more. And a straight would mean splitting the pot at best, most likely not even that.
You would be trowing in a third of your stack, and 5 times the size of pot, on a bad draw.

DBowling
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to hear more opinions on what the $5 bet signifies....

So assume i had QJo on that board....or the Kh x you mentioned....how do you play this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The $5 bet usually signifies a good(but vulverable) hand on a scary board. He might make this bet with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (or similar small flash) because he doesnt want you to outdraw him with a loan heart. He might also make this bet with a set, for the same reason.

I hate to be drawing dead, so I think the only hands i call him with here are a set or K/images/graemlins/heart.gifx. If i have a set, i probably push here. If i have K/images/graemlins/heart.gif i call, and hope to hit a T or a heart on the turn, if i do, im pushing. If not, i check fold if the board pairs or check call a small bet ($5). Im really hoping my opponent is scared by my flop call and he checks behind on the turn.

boondockst
01-09-2005, 06:34 PM
you suspect he's made his low flush and you'd call him with a set?

Charlemagne
01-09-2005, 07:07 PM
With a big bet like that $5 a T probably is no good. (Even low flushes beat a straight!)

DBowling
01-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Theres a lot of hands villian could have here. I cant put him on specifically a small flush, but i think a set is the best hand here quite often, when you consider his entire RANGE of hands. I would be more happy to call with top or middle set, than with bottom set. Because of course, your hand would beat a wider RANGE of hands.
Dont spend too much time putting him on two exact cards so early in the hand, youre prety much guessing at this point. Think about all the likely hands he can have, and if you think about if you are good more often than not, act accordingly. Read theory of poker too, good book.

boondockst
01-09-2005, 07:32 PM
i'd try to...i have a few books and get annoyed when they start talking about examples from stud/omaha, etc....or Limit Poker which i hate....and B&amp;M NL is so rare (i think none?) here in washington so....guess i need to find a book on Internet NLHE exclusively but can't find one....seems to be the best money making area for intermediate players without a HUGE bankroll...

Charlemagne
01-09-2005, 07:55 PM
When someone bets 5 times the pot thats a huge overbet. The RANGE of hands you could put him on isn't so big. I'm sticking with only playing with the nut flush. Maybe this time he made an idiot-move, that doenst mean you should start thinking about making idiot-calls.
Overbets like that are usually made with made hands like a flush that are not to high. But that still beats a set. And sometimes it would mean he has very good drawing hand with more chance to improve than not improve if he could catch the two coming cards without a betting round in between.
And you also got to consider that he could be deliberately making the overbet to make you think he holds a vulnerable hand.
No matter what you want to put him on, it's just not worth it.